BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-14-2022, 04:14 PM   #1
bond_007
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Factory alarm system retrofit

Several threads on this but figured I would mention that my 2008 E90 with pre-wire seems to be uneventful but not quite what I expected. I found a complete retrofit kit new old stock and it was a piece of cake to install the siren/tilt as well as the interior motion sensor. My car already had the hood switch (useful for the remote start).

Have others have found their car equipped with a hood switch but lacking the motion and siren?

Plugged in the motion first and and the rear-view mirror status LED started working when the car was locked and tripping the motion set off the alarm (flashing parking lights). Siren went off once plugged in and interior motion was violated. No confirmation chirps.

The system indicates an open sensor (blinks rapidly while arming) and I couldn't get it to trip from the hood switch per installation instructions. I remember testing the hood switch as functional for the remote start (not in the car currently), so I need to do more digging to see what is going on with it. I swapped in a new switch and tested them both with a meter, so it seems as if signal isn't getting to the control module or it is not fully coded/programmed…

All of this was without me coding the car, so maybe it is possible the car was already coded?

Not what I expected but at least I now have some interior protection and a siren. Have to check the tilt at some point and get around to the laptop part of the install later on…
1990 MX-5 turbo (self fabricated parts/far from stock)
Appreciate 0