BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis / Spacers

07-03-2014, 06:38 PM   #23
williebeemin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 Monte Carlo Blue M3

Your mailbox is full so Im writing you here.. You also have to keep in mind that I passed on another set for yours and agreed to wait till you till you got back with your family to ship. If you priced them incorrectly thats not my fault and you should honor what you agreed. That is the right thing to do. I understand that you might be losing money but I can promise you that no one is going to buy anything from you if you dont honor what you agreed to. I even offered you 200 more.. and I shouldnt have to do that. That kit is USED and your asking top $$ for it. Why do you think no one commented on it until you lowered the price. I just sold a set of HRE wheels that had less then 500 miles on them and lost $1500.. Its the nature of the game... USED is USED and you accepted my first offer.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2014, 08:27 PM   #24
rc-5juan
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Willie - Don't forget to leave an I-trader review linking to this thread so future users can see exactly what type of person they are working with. Was a shitty deal to have a your agreement welched on.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2014, 08:32 PM   #25
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
Your inbox is full
The new Ohlins is $2215, its listed right on eas site, you linked it yourself.
With new Vorshlag camber that puts it at $2,654 new.
Your asking me for 2,600 and for a used set...Im passing on this
      07-03-2014, 08:54 PM   #26
williebeemin
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
Your inbox is full
Is he already trying to sell them to you when he still has my money?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2014, 09:54 PM   #27
E92inSG
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Don't apologize. Just man up and honor your deal while you still have the chance to redeem yourself. That's a real dodgy thing that you did right there. Your kid being in the hospital for 7 months has nothing to do with anything.
      07-03-2014, 09:56 PM   #28
E92inSG
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz
Your inbox is full
Just to be clear that price is for regular non-M 3-series. That M3 version retails at 2,9xx + extra for the camber plates.

Regardless, this is a real shitty thing to do
      07-03-2014, 11:14 PM   #29
modkrazy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Shitty, but I guess understandable given the price difference. Everyone makes mistakes. What is shocking is that he hasn't refunded the guy's money yet.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2014, 12:01 AM   #30
williebeemin
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by modkrazy View Post
Shitty, but I guess understandable given the price difference. Everyone makes mistakes. What is shocking is that he hasn't refunded the guy's money yet.
Lets back up a min..... This is not understandable... He started off with the price at 2900 and then lowered because no one was buying.. he was trying to sell it for more then he had in it (he purchased the kit for 2600 from the previous owner). I offered him X amount of money and he accepted. This was not a mistake. I even talked to him on the phone to verify it. He agreed and I paid him. He needs to honor his agreement.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2014, 12:01 AM   #31
sterile stork
coupe la goon
United_States
Rep
Drives: green, black, white

Garage List
Quote:
No. Absolutely no. He took money, that isn't a mistake. Honor the transaction or be forever distrusted on this board, if not in the very least look forward to every single future listing being reported.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2014, 12:03 AM   #32
modkrazy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by williebeemin View Post
Lets back up a min..... This is not understandable... He started off with the price at 2900 and then lowered because no one was buying.. he was trying to sell it for more then he had in it (he purchased the kit for 2600 from the previous owner). I offered him X amount of money and he accepted. This was not a mistake. I even talked to him on the phone to verify it. He agreed and I paid him.
Ah, didn't know the backstory, thought he posted the wrong price, realized it right after money was sent, and offered a refund. If it's what you say it is, that is incredibly shady. At this point I wouldn't trust anything from the guy and would demand my money back. Also spread the word so no one buys this kit from here on this or any other forum.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2014, 12:29 AM   #33
williebeemin
Private
Rep

Quote:
Ah, didn't know the backstory, thought he posted the wrong price, realized it right after money was sent, and offered a refund. If it's what you say it is, that is incredibly shady. At this point I wouldn't trust anything from the guy and would demand my money back. Also spread the word so no one buys this kit from here on this or any other forum.
Im a pretty forgiving guy and am going to give him the chance to make this right. I sent him a message and will wait to see his response is. Hopefully its the right one!
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2014, 07:18 AM   #34
BMWDEMON
Super modder
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & E46 M3

I was not shady at all...if you all read the post I PUT THIS ALL OUT ON THE BOARD for all of you to see. I could have simply refunded his money and moved on and not posted up. I am always up front and regardless what you all say I made a mistake, manned up, and as agreed via PM will be refunding Willie TODAY. I can post the last PM for all to see if need if need be to prove this because the buyer now is saying that I am keeping his money which is not the case...

I am not shady...it turned out a mess and I do apologize for the mess. Willie has been refunded his money in full. *** refund sent at 0834AM EST to Willie***

Last edited by BMWDEMON; 07-04-2014 at 07:35 AM.. Reason: Update thread so that the forum knows I hide nothing.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2014, 08:21 AM   #35
GTB/ZR-1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Pending...

Quote:
Originally Posted by williebeemin View Post
I offered him X amount of money and he accepted. This was not a mistake. I even talked to him on the phone to verify it. He agreed and I paid him.
Here I thought he put up the wrong price & then you sent payment, realized he didn't enter the right amt, then stopped the deal, but...

Seeing you had a phone conversation regarding the price (and made a DEAL!)--sounds like he had a case of seller's remorse on the price & then reneged on the deal.

He thought he could put up some excuse & backpedal out of this--BAD move.

OP, this will follow you on this (and possibly other) forums--people remember this stuff. Your best bet is to man up, lose a few hundred dollars & don't ruin your integrity over it. Just some advice from somebody that's had hundreds of successful online transactions over the years (and many before the internet! lol).

Just do the right thing, here--you'll be glad you did...

My .02
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2014, 09:37 AM   #36
Lone Star M3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

I will give you 1,500.00.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2014, 10:06 AM   #37
Petros
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

i can see where the OP is coming from. He didn't do his homework before posting the price, and after finishing the deal he found out he could have sold the item at a slightly higher price, so he decided to cancel the deal. However, after receiving the money and agreeing to ship the suspension, he pretty much entered into a contract with willie. So for him to renege on the deal is akin to breaking a contract.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2014, 10:32 AM   #38
williebeemin
Private
Rep

He will be receiving negative feedback and I will post this in all his for sale threads. Shady deal Michael. Regardless if you refunded my money. You were dishonest and didnt man up and sell like you agreed. You're a flake!
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2014, 11:10 AM   #39
Swiftym3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Garage List
2001 BMW M3 Vert  [0.00]
1995 BMW M3  [0.00]
2005 E83 X3  [10.00]
I just read through this post, became disappointed when I thought these were sold. I would have been willing to pay more than you did willie, until I got to this point. Definitely not worth it to deal with someone like this. Off to find another suspension. :thumbsdown:
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2014, 11:13 AM   #40
williebeemin
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftym3 View Post
I just read through this post, became disappointed when I thought these were sold. I would have been willing to pay more than you did willie, until I got to this point. Definitely not worth it to deal with someone like this. Off to find another suspension. :thumbsdown:
Agreed. He also cost me another set that I passed on for these..

Last edited by williebeemin; 07-04-2014 at 11:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2014, 11:22 AM   #41
williebeemin
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB/ZR-1 View Post
Here I thought he put up the wrong price & then you sent payment, realized he didn't enter the right amt, then stopped the deal, but...

Seeing you had a phone conversation regarding the price (and made a DEAL!)--sounds like he had a case of seller's remorse on the price & then reneged on the deal.

He thought he could put up some excuse & backpedal out of this--BAD move.

OP, this will follow you on this (and possibly other) forums--people remember this stuff. Your best bet is to man up, lose a few hundred dollars & don't ruin your integrity over it. Just some advice from somebody that's had hundreds of successful online transactions over the years (and many before the internet! lol).

Just do the right thing, here--you'll be glad you did...

My .02
Exactly! He has other things for sale as well and this could cost him a lot more then he thinks....
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2014, 01:23 PM   #42
BMWDEMON
Super modder
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & E46 M3

Look...READ everything...ORIGINAL pricing, if I were to honor the deal was $2600.00!!! I quickly read through my receipts while speaking to Willie and thought I made a mistake and REDUCED the price to $1900.00 and the next morning realized I made a mistake by reducing from the ORIGINAL POSTING PRICE OF $2600.00!!!! I then contacted Willie about the mistake, POSTED it all up so EVERYONE could read about my mistake and be responsible to ensure that there was no questions...NOW everyone is ready to take my head because they THINK they know the story and you all don't...I tried to work with Willie and now he is just bashing me because he could not take advantage of pricing well below market!!! AM I the bad guy? Taking advantage of someones mistake is showing your true colors...I am the guy being honest and forthright and trying to work with him but he decided he didn't want to...end of story. Suspension is already pending sale. I am ALWAYS honest and will be no matter what anyone thinks!
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2014, 01:55 PM   #43
gnoy26
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 E92

good luck in getting this sale through

all that talk about selling at your list price does not matter when you have agreed and received payment for x amount and didnt follow through. you acknowledging it wont redeem yourself infact makes it worst. you should be ashamed.

have some honor bro, follow through
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2014, 01:59 PM   #44
Petros
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWDEMON View Post
Look...READ everything...ORIGINAL pricing, if I were to honor the deal was $2600.00!!! I quickly read through my receipts while speaking to Willie and thought I made a mistake and REDUCED the price to $1900.00 and the next morning realized I made a mistake by reducing from the ORIGINAL POSTING PRICE OF $2600.00!!!! I then contacted Willie about the mistake, POSTED it all up so EVERYONE could read about my mistake and be responsible to ensure that there was no questions...NOW everyone is ready to take my head because they THINK they know the story and you all don't...I tried to work with Willie and now he is just bashing me because he could not take advantage of pricing well below market!!! AM I the bad guy? Taking advantage of someones mistake is showing your true colors...I am the guy being honest and forthright and trying to work with him but he decided he didn't want to...end of story. Suspension is already pending sale. I am ALWAYS honest and will be no matter what anyone thinks!
Actually your original price was $2900 which was pretty much the same as a new set. WHen I asked you about it you knocked down the price to $1900 right off the bat. I can see your point regarding not wanting to sell the item below market price due to your mistake. However, you pretty much entered into a contract with willie long before you decided to cancel the deal. That's the problem. If willie had agreed to a deal with you for $4000 and then found out later that he overpaid above market value, and then decided to cancel the deal, we would be bashing him instead.
Appreciate 0