BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

08-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #1
UTurnFactory
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008.06 E93 M3

Smile FS: M Performance Exhaust - Low miles/usage, great condition, includes original parts

Here's my M3 Marketplace post: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=881613

UPDATE 2013-09-06: SOLD. Thank you all for the interest and kind sentiments.

UPDATE 2013-09-02: SALE PENDING...

UPDATE 2013-09-01: Reason for sale has escalated; I have an urgent need of funds due to a family emergency, and am willing to negotiate for a very quick sale, hopefully to a local (though I am still willing to ship at buyer's expense). Also, my MPE comes off my car on Friday, September 6th.

Pricing/Condition:
  • Asking $2950, or best offer (this means I am open to negotiation).
  • Great shape - <500 miles of use, always garaged, saw no rain/snow.
  • Installed by a professional BMW tech from a BMW dealership - since the product is fully OEM, there are absolutely no fitment issues for E92/E93 M3s.
  • Includes all original Inconel parts (connecting pipes, clamps, bolts, etc), and nothing was modified/cut/welded at all.
  • I have one that was manufactured later in the series, and thus is not experiencing the peeling paint problem that many other MPEs exhibit.
  • AFAIK, I don't believe this BMW M Performance Exhaust is manufactured by BMW any longer - it is already a rare find to begin with (I could be mistaken, but this is what I've felt for a while).

Exact same item as this: BMW USA: BMW M Performance Exhaust and MPE Official Release News (from these forums)

Experience/Brief Review:
  • Zero drone, super exotic sound, all with a solid, muscle car V8 grumble - it's my opinion (and that of many, many others) that this is the way the M3 should have sounded like from the factory - especially for E93 M3s, like mine, where exhaust notes are uber important (to me).
  • It is the only catback system that produces absolutely zero drone, while still saving 20 lbs from stock exhaust, all the while still making this engine sound absolutely amazing.
  • There is a very unique band of throttle between 3300 RPM to 4000 RPM that makes the Inconel alloy acoustically harmonize with the rest of the system, resulting in a sound that can never be reproduced by any other aftermarket exhaust in the market today - it's definitely nothing like the mind-numbing drone from common catbacks - put shortly, every time it happens, I in my seat.
  • Any HFC-XPipe system with good resonators only serves to amplify the exotic tones from this catback system.
  • I've heard and driven dozens of catbacks on various M3s during my research to pick the right one - and this won out by a very large margin.
  • Reviews from this forum: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=592073, http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=493092

Reason for sale:
  • Urgent need for funds due to a personal family emergency.
  • I'll be losing a couple hundred dollars on this, but family comes first. My loss is your gain.

Logistics/Miscellany:
  • I have decided to uninstall my MPE on Friday, September 6th.
  • I'm willing to drive out to you to make the sale or show you the system before I uninstall it - anywhere 50-100 miles away from NYC (I love driving my car everywhere with this exhaust's tone).

Last edited by UTurnFactory; 09-06-2013 at 08:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2013, 02:44 PM   #2
Hurricane
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 C63 507

Garage List
2012 E92 M3  [10.00]
I'm interested in this exhaust. However, new ones are selling for $3169 on EBAY including free shipping. I know your willing to negotiate and I can meet you within that 50-100 radius of NYC. Are you willing to send me a PM with a price?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 02:56 PM   #3
UTurnFactory
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
I'm interested in this exhaust. However, new ones are selling for $3169 on EBAY including free shipping. I know your willing to negotiate and I can meet you within that 50-100 radius of NYC. Are you willing to send me a PM with a price?
PM sent.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 08:34 PM   #4
UTurnFactory
Private
United_States
Rep

SOLD. Thank you all for the interest and kind sentiments.
Appreciate 0