BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source (EAS)

12-15-2019, 05:03 PM   #1
Joshbot007
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 Frozen Blue M3

Lights stay on after car is shut off and drain battery. Glitch?

So this is the second time this happened. I was on vacation and parked my car over thanksgiving, was standing outside the garage talking to some friends and noticed the lights hadn't shit off yet like they usually do but I had faith in it to shut off and shut the garage door. Come out a few hours later and battery is dead. I figured a odd glitch had happened that I would hopefully never see again but when I came back from a drive this evening I noticed when I shut the car off (switch was on auto) the headlights, taillights, and a very dimly lit gauge cluster wouldn't shut off so I figured I would play with it to see what would fix it. Unlock/lock did nothing in addition to opening and closed the driver door. The lights only shut off when I moved the switch from auto to off. I started the car again and even with the switch in auto I couldn't get it to leave the headlights on again.

Did some research and heard about a glitch that could make this happen with the key fob but I didn't mess with it and I also heard that the light module can leave the light drivers on when it is going bad.

Anyone else have this problem and find a solution? Light modules? Faulty something else? Glitch? This isn't some Idrive welcome/welcome light time delay, definitely something weird electrically going on here.

Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-15-2019, 08:32 PM   #2
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

Your junction box might be failing, terminal30 is supposed to go completely off when the car goes to sleep. You have to scan it with ista there will be faults for unauthorized waking you just have to see where it is and then trace the issue.
Appreciate 1
      12-15-2019, 09:10 PM   #3
Joshbot007
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 Frozen Blue M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrazM View Post
Your junction box might be failing, terminal30 is supposed to go completely off when the car goes to sleep. You have to scan it with ista there will be faults for unauthorized waking you just have to see where it is and then trace the issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amrazM View Post
I will definitely look into this! I appreciate the detail of the response!!
Appreciate 0