BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

EXXEL Distributions

04-02-2011, 07:05 PM   #45
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahyoun View Post
i dont need to find it, theres this thing called google where you can type forza 3 review car and driver and it'll probably be right there.
no way I didn't know that. How long has google existed for?

very realistic indeed

Appreciate 0
      04-02-2011, 07:10 PM   #46
Chenry135
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: former 2008 135i/ 2006 STI

wow, sahyoun means business when it comes to his favorite video games! LOL
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 08:08 AM   #47
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post

very realistic indeed

Lol owned.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 11:46 AM   #48
N54B30A
Captain
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 2021 HS M2C

Quote:

very realistic indeed

Thats not unrealistic its just unresponsive. Ive used the wheel with xbox and its exactly the same as PS3, there is no where near thaty delay in the vid. You cant even get real brand name parts like K & N in gt5 like you can in Forza. You cant do engine swaps or put a whole new axle in like you can in forza. There is no where near the massive content sharing in gt5 like there is in forza.

Or this one with "realistic" GT5 driving

So which one would people on a bmw forum want, one that claims to have more realistic driving 1000 cars but 221 of them are actually legitamate quality the other 810 are crap from previous gt's. A game with far worse ratings, longer load times, extremly slowpaced and watered down driving, and a much smaller and less connected online community. Or a game that has much better ratings, more mods for your car, real mods that can match your car in reality, much more fun online modes like tag, more uniqueness to your car, and best of all realistic driving.

BTW Forza 4 is coming out:

Back to OP's question NFS is amazing, still playing it the e36 m3 w/ a v10 is the ultimate drift car. Its worth getting IMO, but not comparable to Forza.
      04-04-2011, 12:13 PM   #49
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

blah blah blajkfasof apfsjdfaskfdasdf

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 12:24 PM   #50
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a Tuk Tuk

Meh
      04-04-2011, 02:56 PM   #51
Major
Armenia
Rep

that forza vs gt5 vid is stupid. Gt5 car is parked on the apex of a long straight while the forza one is conveniently on the side of a straight. The other vid is obvisouly a bug which forza has a shit load of. Dont be a troll. Forza 4 looks sick but for now forza 3 is an arcade racer aimed at a large audience.

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 02:59 PM   #52
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
that forza vs gt5 vid is stupid. Gt5 car is parked on the apex of a long straight while the forza one is conveniently on the side of a straight. The other vid is obvisouly a bug which forza has a shit load of. Dont be a troll. Forza 4 looks sick but for now forza 3 is an arcade racer aimed at a large audience.

Yo that made me LOL.. hard!

I don't think GT5 can top that shit.

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 03:04 PM   #53
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Y'all fools mad as hell. Both games are awesome, and the bottom line is that they shit on NFS. I've put tons of time into both and the two are adequately realistic, but you're not going to get an amazing sim unless you purchase iRacing or rFactor for the PC. GT5 has its weak points, but so does Forza. Stripping away the fluff like graphics and unique selling points and getting down to the physics engines themselves, you'll find that neither are even close to perfect, nor is one clearly better than the other.

Btw, the AI in both games is hardly that good, although I will give the tip of the hat to Forza's, only because there are times where GT5's AI refuses to pay attention to me, no matter how clean or fair my passing might have been. The only dipshit in Forza is M. Rossi. Neither of the games' AI are aggressive enough when you're in front of them either.

Picking out one-off glitches proves nothing. Both games will have their fuck ups given the right variables.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 03:06 PM   #54
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkahtropolis View Post
Y'all fools mad as hell. Both games are awesome, and the bottom line is that they shit on NFS. I've put tons of time into both and the two are adequately realistic, but you're not going to get an amazing sim unless you purchase iRacing or rFactor for the PC. GT5 has its weak points, but so does Forza. Stripping away the fluff like graphics and unique selling points and getting down to the physics engines themselves, you'll find that neither are even close to perfect, nor is one clearly better than the other.
qft. I played the rFactor demo a couple of years back on a steering wheel and was blown away at the accuracy of the feedback. Very realistic game

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 03:07 PM   #55
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
All good games but different. There's fanboys for everything..if i tell you i use Charmin some jackhole is gonna come out and say it sucks and that Quilted Northern rules all
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 06:31 PM   #56
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep

As far as the AI goes, I was impressed to see that in one of the seasonal events races in GT5 a Gallardo spun out on the final S-turn at the Nurburgring GP track, and rather than trying to cut off half the field like a 12 year old the guy actually waited for everyone to pass before it came back in. I don't even remember them doing that just a few months ago.

Any nobody's mentioned Forza's AI which continuously doesn't brake for corners every time you challenge their position...

iRacing is where it's at for the real racing.

And this fail is one of my favorites

04-04-2011, 07:26 PM   #57
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregTheStig View Post
As far as the AI goes, I was impressed to see that in one of the seasonal events races in GT5 a Gallardo spun out on the final S-turn at the Nurburgring GP track, and rather than trying to cut off half the field like a 12 year old the guy actually waited for everyone to pass before it came back in. I don't even remember them doing that just a few months ago.

Any nobody's mentioned Forza's AI which continuously doesn't brake for corners every time you challenge their position...

Yeah, the video you posted is a result of terrible network connections. I've experienced it before I lose my wireless connection, and same with my friends.

IIRC, the AI in GT5 makes scripted mistakes if you don't interfere with their lines, like every time I did this one race, I noticed a Ferrari squiggling to regain control at the same corner. It happened at the same point every time.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 07:30 PM   #58
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

that video made me crack up
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 07:32 PM   #59
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Check this one out..reminds me of a turtle trying to get off it's back.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 07:58 PM   #60
Major
Armenia
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, the video you posted is a result of terrible network connections. I've experienced it before I lose my wireless connection, and same with my friends.

IIRC, the AI in GT5 makes scripted mistakes if you don't interfere with their lines, like every time I did this one race, I noticed a Ferrari squiggling to regain control at the same corner. It happened at the same point every time.
I think thats only in the special events and the license tests to make it fair every time. Damn all this gt5 talk made me miss it. Time to get the steering wheel out

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2011, 08:02 PM   #61
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep

Quote:

I think I know exactly what you're talking about. I was in the seasonal event with the Gallardo and at Trail Mountain I saw LP640s and Countaches sliding on this 1 corner over and over again. Overall I don't really have any complaints with their AI. Forza's were really good except for the whole "I crash into a wall at full-speed" thing...
      04-04-2011, 09:52 PM   #62
N54B30A
Captain
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 2021 HS M2C

gt5 is awsome, i just dont play it because i need an F1 car and i cant afford one and the loading screens are so annoying when you are trying to change cars or something. I have played forza probably X10 as much as GT5.
      04-05-2011, 08:24 AM   #63
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:

Forza fails ITT. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid2002 View Post
Check this one out..reminds me of a turtle trying to get off it's back.
I knew there was something wrong with the R8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahyoun View Post
gt5 is awsome, i just dont play it because i need an F1 car and i cant afford one and the loading screens are so annoying when you are trying to change cars or something. I have played forza probably X10 as much as GT5.
Minor quibbles, young grasshopper.

Appreciate 0