BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis | Handling

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-10-2022, 01:58 PM   #1
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

OGSM/Inertia Laboratory Custom Nitron NTR R1 Coilover System

After extensive testing, our custom OG Shark Motorsport / Inertia Laboratory Nitron NTR R1 kit for the E9x M3 platform is now available. Building on Nitron's excellent durability and performance, we have taken it a step further with our custom valving and spring setup to provide our customers with the best in performance and user friendliness. This kit provides ultimate performance on track while not sacrificing anything in the way of street manners or ride quality. We have also designed this package to be a turnkey solution: everything is included in the kit to make the transition and also allow for wider wheels and tires. No other purchases are necessary for a complete installation. Nitron has enjoyed great success in Europe and we are now ready to bring that performance to North America.

The NTR R1 kit is a two-way combined dampening adjustment system: one dial controls both compression and rebound. The dials are easy to access so adjustments can be made within seconds. Springs and camber plates are included in the package so truly nothing else is needed. The spring length has also been set so that the common upgrade to wider wheels and tires are able to clear the front spring perch. The result is an easy to install, easy to use system that truly transforms the E9x platform.

Working with Inertia Laboratory, we have developed the best possible setup for the R1 system. We have come up with the best combination of valving and spring rates to provide excellent street manners while still being able to excel on the track. This kit is the only suspension modification we have done on our project car (223 - M2C Street/Track Build) and it has been an intrinsic part in dropping a huge amount of time off our baseline testing at multiple tracks. For a full weight street car that retains all of the oem comforts, our M2C is capable of performing on level with or better than many fully track-dedicated cars in the same class. We have the same setup on our showcase E92 M3 project "Blue Demon" and have enjoyed the same level of performance as our 223 project (official debut coming soon).

The OG Shark Motorsport / Inertia Laboratory Nitron NTR R1 package includes the following:

Two-way adjustment shocks with single dial control
Camber/Caster plates
Springs
One year warranty against manufacturer defects

Price - 4600.00 USD + shipping

To discuss further or place an order please either send a private message or email jason@ogsharkmotorsport.com

Last edited by OG Shark; 10-26-2023 at 08:14 PM..
Appreciate 2
derbo3592.00
///Mobbin1474.50
      05-19-2022, 10:07 AM   #2
OG Shark
Rep

Bump for the best combination of street manners & track performance available. All service/rebuilds/etc done here in the US so quick turnaround times as well!
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2022, 10:01 AM   #3
OG Shark
Rep

Bump for Shark Week!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2022, 09:25 PM   #4
s0ldats
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 stripper

very interested in this set! does nitron have a specified rebuild interval for street driven miles? i would be interested in the e9x application
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 08:38 AM   #5
OG Shark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ldats View Post
very interested in this set! does nitron have a specified rebuild interval for street driven miles? i would be interested in the e9x application
The recommend 20-25k but this assumes combined track & street usage. With little to no track usage you should certainly be able to go longer without needing a rebuild. Would recommend treating them like any other setup - when you start to see the performance decline then you should start looking into getting them serviced.

Also all service is handled here in the US by Inertia Laboratory. No needless delays due to shipping times between here & the UK and all that involves. Quick turn around times & excellent service.

If you have any more questions let me know
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 10:24 AM   #6
chicagob5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

Can I ask what spring rates you're running on the E9x kit? Also curious what size wheel / tire you where able to fit with this setup.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 11:22 AM   #7
OG Shark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagob5 View Post
Can I ask what spring rates you're running on the E9x kit? Also curious what size wheel / tire you where able to fit with this setup.
Standard for the kit is 700 F / 800 R (divorced). We have increased the rear a bit on request for more track focused cars - but for a dual duty I would recommend the 700/800 combo. You can run all the common wider fitments with the spring length we spec - the damper/spring perch is not going to be the limiting factor with these. With the oem fenders we typically run a 305/645/18 Pirelli up front on an 10.5" wheel. 11" is doable with some fender work.
Appreciate 1
chicagob5256.50
      09-19-2022, 01:23 PM   #8
MaximusB
Major
Rep
Drives: 13 Frozen White E92

Hey I'm interested but have a few questions. I'll send you a PM.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2022, 02:20 PM   #9
cloumeM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW e93 M3

Just placed an order for my E93, and the experience working with Jason from OG Shark has been nothing but awesome! Very knowledgeable, responsive, and customer-centric in every way. Can't wait to receive the setup so that I can install and make a post-install review. Thank you, Jason!!!
Appreciate 2
OG Shark4656.00
CTMike262.00
      11-13-2022, 09:58 PM   #10
CTMike
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 40i MSport/2011 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloumeM View Post
Just placed an order for my E93, and the experience working with Jason from OG Shark has been nothing but awesome! Very knowledgeable, responsive, and customer-centric in every way. Can't wait to receive the setup so that I can install and make a post-install review. Thank you, Jason!!!
Would love to hear more about your thoughts from E93 perspective thanks!
      11-14-2022, 08:20 AM   #11
cloumeM
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMike View Post
Would love to hear more about your thoughts from E93 perspective thanks!
Most definitely as soon as I receive them (couple of months ETA?). I plan to do a write up of install and post install drive.
Appreciate 1
CTMike262.00
      12-16-2022, 03:39 PM   #12
cloumeM
Lieutenant
Rep

Just received the kit today and it's a beautiful kit! The wait time was more than reasonable considering this was made to order (4 weeks), communication in terms of accuracy and timeliness was excellent, and the customer service from Jason and his team was top-notch! I will do a more in-dept review on the kit and install/post-install review after the installation (hopefully January sometime).

Name:  Suspension_Box.jpg
Views: 1075
Size:  136.8 KB

Name:  Suspension_Box_open.jpg
Views: 1075
Size:  306.7 KB

Name:  Suspension_Spec sheet.jpg
Views: 1078
Size:  372.9 KB

Name:  Suspension_Front.jpg
Views: 1129
Size:  512.2 KB

Name:  Suspension_Rear.jpg
Views: 1110
Size:  469.3 KB
Appreciate 1
CTMike262.00
      12-16-2022, 06:14 PM   #13
MaximusB
Major
Rep

Quote:
Just received the kit today and it's a beautiful kit! The wait time was more than reasonable considering this was made to order (4 weeks), communication in terms of accuracy and timeliness was excellent, and the customer service from Jason and his team was top-notch! I will do a more in-dept review on the kit and install/post-install review after the installation (hopefully January sometime).
They look amazing! I ordered mine just after you did. Can't wait till I get my hands on them.
Appreciate 1
OG Shark4656.00
      01-11-2023, 02:32 PM   #14
MaximusB
Major
Rep

Quick question - do I need to transfer over the rear shock mount from my stock suspension for the R1 kit?

I think my R1 is being shipped out soon. So I just want to gather a list of parts I’d need for the install so I have everything to go once the R1 kit arrives. It doesn't look like I need it based on the photos posted above, but just want to double check.

Thanks!

Last edited by MaximusB; 01-11-2023 at 02:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2023, 10:51 PM   #15
cloumeM
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusB View Post
Quick question - do I need to transfer over the rear shock mount from my stock suspension for the R1 kit?

I think my R1 is being shipped out soon. So I just want to gather a list of parts I’d need for the install so I have everything to go once the R1 kit arrives. It doesn't look like I need it based on the photos posted above, but just want to double check.

Thanks!
I haven't had the chance to install mine yet but based on what I can see, I don't think you will. Jason can correct me on this of course. The upper joint part has two pieces where the upper piece sits in from the top and the bottom piece under the mounting location to secure into place. Notice the bump stop sits at the bottom of shocks instead of on top on the oem shock. I've also included an image of the entire kit to illustrate the components matching that of the kit in the original post. You will notice slight differences in some of the parts.

Name:  20221222_092816.jpg
Views: 1048
Size:  353.4 KB

Name:  20221222_092806.jpg
Views: 1040
Size:  241.8 KB

Name:  20221222_092745.jpg
Views: 1104
Size:  601.3 KB
Appreciate 1
OG Shark4656.00
      01-18-2023, 09:30 PM   #16
MaximusB
Major
Rep

Quote:
I haven't had the chance to install mine yet but based on what I can see, I don't think you will. Jason can correct me on this of course. The upper joint part has two pieces where the upper piece sits in from the top and the bottom piece under the mounting location to secure into place. Notice the bump stop sits at the bottom of shocks instead of on top on the oem shock. I've also included an image of the entire kit to illustrate the components matching that of the kit in the original post. You will notice slight differences in some of the parts.

Attachment 3078368

Attachment 3078369

Attachment 3078370
Thanks for the photos. I had a feeling everything needed is included based on the photos you first posted. These definitely confirmed it.
Appreciate 1
OG Shark4656.00
      02-14-2023, 01:38 PM   #17
MaximusB
Major
Rep

Kit received and installed.

Install process was pretty straight forward. Goes in just like any other coilover kits in the market. One thing I really like about the Nitron kit is the adjustable endlink mount and just the overall adjustability of this kit.

Right now I have the ride height set to about 1/4" higher than I would like. I assume this kit will settle a bit.

Driving wise it is night and day difference in comparison to my old EDC shocks. I haven't done much driving since the installed and alignment. But so far they're awesome. Firm but not jarring or crashy. It actually rides more comfortable and quieter than my stock setup so far.

Thanks again Jason for the recommendation!
Appreciate 3
CTMike262.00
OG Shark4656.00
cloumeM164.00
      02-15-2023, 11:15 AM   #18
OG Shark
Rep

Quote:
]
Thank you for posting this cloumeM! I didn't see that question posted & definitely appreciate you responding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusB View Post
Kit received and installed.

Install process was pretty straight forward. Goes in just like any other coilover kits in the market. One thing I really like about the Nitron kit is the adjustable endlink mount and just the overall adjustability of this kit.

Right now I have the ride height set to about 1/4" higher than I would like. I assume this kit will settle a bit.

Driving wise it is night and day difference in comparison to my old EDC shocks. I haven't done much driving since the installed and alignment. But so far they're awesome. Firm but not jarring or crashy. It actually rides more comfortable and quieter than my stock setup so far.

Thanks again Jason for the recommendation!
Awesome - that's what I like to hear
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2023, 09:06 AM   #19
cloumeM
Lieutenant
Rep

Good to hear the installation went well. Hopefully, I can get mine done in the next month or so. Works been unseasonally busy for me...
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2023, 12:41 PM   #20
OG Shark
Rep

Nitron has passed down that they will need to implement a price increase in March. Not sure how much yet but if anyone wants to get into the best possible suspension solutions for their M3 now is the time to do it!
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2023, 01:53 PM   #21
MaximusB
Major
Rep

My friend (M2 Competition) and I (E92 M3) purchased our R1 kit from Jason at OG Shark early this year. I just want to provide an update and a more detail review now that we both have put some street mileage and track use on our Nitron R1 kits.

Car Background
My car - 2013 E92 with EDC. Previous suspension setup was all stock EDC with only Ground Control camber plates. My car is not a daily. At time of coil over install it had 88,000km and about 15 track days in intermediate group.

My friend's M2C - It is a daily car. Previous suspension setup was just H&R springs. Roughly 30,000km but have done over 30 track days in mostly advanced group. His stock suspension was actually on the way out. Rear shocks were blown and bump stops were falling apart in pieces.

Unboxing
Upon unboxing our kits, we immediately could feel the quality of Nitron. Everything is milled out of solid aluminum, so nothing is joint or welded together. The finishing on all the components are of a high quality as well. They're so nice that one might want to display them on a wall than putting it on the car.

Installation
Very straight forward - nothing special or different about them than any other coil over kits made for our respective cars. Everything you needed to complete the install are included in the kit. 100% turnkey solution. We did however, opted to purchase new fasteners from BMW for our install.

Street Use
OG Shark recommended to set the dampers at 4 clicks from full soft. So we both set ours to that as a baseline. On my car, they are more comfortable than my old stock EDC setup. Very compliance, rides very smooth over uneven roads and the odd bumps here and there. Still very stable on spirited drives and on highway. Overall the ride quality is firm, but not crashy or jarring at all. Also there are zero NVH added despite everything is on solid mounts.

On the M2C, my friend said it is also very comfortable for a daily car. He did find that turning up the dampening from 4 to 7 clicks from full soft made the car more comfortable.

On Track
Not sure where to begin, but in short. THEY ARE F**KING AMAZING. My friend shaved a full 6 seconds off his previous personal best. I shaved off 4 seconds. We both did that in only the 3rd session of the day. The only change we both did to our cars since last year was Nitron coilovers. Other than that we used same tires as last year, same everything.

The Nitrons completely transformed the car. We both were able to carry more speed into corners and take tighter lines. Both our cars did things it couldn't in previous years. I had to spend the first 2 sessions of the day just to relearn my car and what it could do now.

My friend is a much faster and experienced driver than me. His M2C is stock other than pads and coilovers. This past weekend, he was keeping with all the Porsche GT cars and was near the top of group A time wise. A lot of people in our A run group complimented him on his driving and were all surprised to learned his M2C is 6 speed manual with only coilovers and pads done to it.

After our track day, we simply turned the dials to soften up dampening and made a 5 hour drive back home in comfort. No fuss or anything.

Over all, very very impressed. Zero regrets with this purchase.

Thank you again Jason for the recommendations and answering all my questions. Would 100% recommend your Nitron kits to others.

Last edited by MaximusB; 05-23-2023 at 07:43 PM..
Appreciate 1
OG Shark4656.00
      05-24-2023, 01:45 AM   #22
MaximusB
Major
Rep

A few photos from this past weekend.

I must say that the dampening is so good that we barely notice it when going on 3 wheels and dropping down where the track dives downhill. Like we knew cutting that tight at that corner will put the car on 3 wheels. We just didn’t expect the Nitron to be that smooth, plus you get a cool photo . We felt much more harsh bumps driving home on the rough highway by Seattle.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
cloumeM164.00
OG Shark4656.00