BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

EXXEL Distributions

09-23-2014, 08:23 PM   #1
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Dinan stage 3 suspension feedback wanted.

i was surprised when a search of the forums looking for dinan stage 3 suspension didn't yield any reviews.
there was lots of posts snickering at the cost of the setup and hailing coilovers or other setups as superior.

i watched a few videos regarding dinan's outlook and interpretation for how they setup the e9x suspension and i'm impressed- very logical and understandable explanations for their setups.

i'm not looking to get low, i'm looking for comfort and functionality while retaining edc functionality. this seems like a great option.

if there is anyone out there running the dinan stage three suspension setup, i would love to hear about it. i'm thinking about pairing this with solid subframe and diff bushings.
      09-24-2014, 09:37 AM   #2
apecush
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

I'm stage 3 minus the sway bar (and plus adjustable camber plates). The kit does what it says - ride is like stock, a slight drop, and far better handling on track (thanks largely to the camber).

With that said, if you piece together a kit, you can have a much better kit for cheaper...

Springs (dinan): 349
Sway bar (dinan, other brands cheaper): 499
Adj. Camber plates (vorshlag): 500
Rear mount kit and front bump stops (dinan/oem): 140

Total of $1488 vs. $1746 for the stage 3 kit from Dinan. If they were the same price I'd still go with the above option for the adjustable camber plates.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 09:56 AM   #3
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by apecush View Post
Adj. Camber plates (vorshlag): 500
thanks for the input.
i'm finding that a lot of camber plates do not retain EDC functionality, which is important to me. Vorshlag doesn't appear to retain EDC functionality.

i know there are more cost efficient swaybars out there, but dinan's has a wide adjustability range, which i like.
      09-24-2014, 10:17 AM   #4
apecush
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
thanks for the input.
i'm finding that a lot of camber plates do not retain EDC functionality, which is important to me. Vorshlag doesn't appear to retain EDC functionality.

i know there are more cost efficient swaybars out there, but dinan's has a wide adjustability range, which i like.
I can tell you that the vorshlags certainly do retain EDC functionality as my car is EDC with vorshlag plates. It can be a little tricky popping the plastic caps on at high negative camber angles, but it can certainly be done (and it looks dead stock from the engine bay).
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2014, 10:27 AM   #5
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Interesting, thanks!