BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

EXXEL Distributions

04-21-2019, 12:14 PM   #1
Jack14
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Buyer Beware: Cosmo Motors

Wanted to share my experience with these guys down in North Carolina to prevent anyone from going through the same thing that I did.

I decided to purchase a 944 Turbo and these guys had a clean one with 64,000 miles on it. I had a PPI done and no major concerns arose. Its a 30 year old car so I'm not looking for perfection here. I drove down in my mustang which I traded in and picked up the car. Good buying experience and seemed like a legit shop. Drove the car home and no major concerns came up besides the fact that it was losing oil rather quickly. To make a long story short, I brought the car to my mechanic for a full diagnosis. The car is burning oil, not that surprising, albeit a lot of it. The real issues were then uncovered. There was sealant in the coolant to prevent leaks, the speedometer stopped working half way through the drive (I didn't notice right away) and the car had clearly been rolled back. "there is 0 chance this car has 64,000 miles on it. Maybe 164,000." -my mechanic.

That being said I called Cosmo Motors and explained what we had found. Within 2 minutes the sales rep on the other end was hostile and accusing me of being responsible for these faults as I had "driven it pretty hard on that test drive". 3 weeks of back and forth with the manager to no avail. I was hoping for maybe $1000 towards some new parts. Instead, I of course, got the run around.

To summarize, these guys have no problem selling crap and do not stand by their inventory. Did they perform this hack job? Who knows, could have been the owner before them. They certainly knew about it before they sold it and were happy to dump the trouble on me.

I definitely learned my lesson, and take some responsibility for not doing better due diligence, but as out M3s age, I wanted to share the above to prevent anyone from going through the crap that Im dealing with. Don't buy anything modded or vintage from these guys. If you're looking for corolla, you should be alright. Maybe...

-Jack
Appreciate 1
wfdeacon881102.50