BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Mporium BMW

01-20-2021, 09:14 AM   #1
TimberWolf_3063
Dem Ingenör ist nix zu schwör!
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 - DCT, EDC

Garage List
ABS malfunction - DSC/DBC/FTM/Start-Off Assist unavailable

Hello all,

back after a 5-month deployment with no time off, and finally it's not raining. First thing I do? DRIVE MY CAR!!!

I had prepped and stored it following some sound advice from the fine individuals on here, and except for dead key fob batteries and a slow leak on the LR, I didn't have any issues - got the slow leak fixed at a local tire shop (bad valve stem), and we're off to the races!

Washed and fuelled it yesterday, put 50 km on it - and literally as I pull onto the street where I live, yellow warnings start flashing.
I had noticed a bit of pulsing from the brake pedal under normal braking, which felt like ABS trying to interfere but deciding not to?

Check Control gives me the following 4 warnings (yellow triangles):

- "Braking/chassis stabilization malfunction!"
- "DBC malfunction! Drive carefully"
- "FTM system error!"
- "Start-off assistance inactive!"

After a bit of research on here, and having just had it in a tire shop - I am guessing the wheel speed sensor is the likely culprit. I also replaced the key fob batteries yesterday, not sure if that would have made a difference.

I will take it in to get code-read today, and we'll see what's what. Any advice/experience is appreciated - but thanks to those who have already experienced and discussed this issue, it helps me sleep when my problem could very well be an easy fix instead of 1000's of $$$!
"Ah, what music! They could never have imagined it, those pioneers that invented the automobile...that it would possess us like this, and our imaginations, and our dreams. You see, men love women, but even more than that, men love CARS!" - Alexander Fermor-Hesketh, 3rd Baron Hesketh

Last edited by TimberWolf_3063; 01-20-2021 at 10:48 AM..
Appreciate 0