BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

BPM

11-15-2015, 09:43 PM   #1
Three Pedal Steve
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 coupe' 6mt

Garage List
Valet Parking- Turf War

As soon as I pulled the M3 into the Marriot on Ft Lauderdale beach- the parking attendant was all eyes. As I headed into the lobby to inquire about a room, he demanded the key. I explained that it would be there only 2 minutes and he said he would have it towed. So I exercised my freedom of choice and went next door to the Yankee Clipper where they were glad for me to leave my car out front for a few minutes.

I really don't let anybody drive my M3 especially a teenager. Anyone else fussy about Valet parking?

memories: '71 2002 (new), '72 Bavaria, '74 2002tii, '00 540i Sport
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2015, 10:31 PM   #2
ghost4blind
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW e92 m3

oh yeah, ever since i had my e46, which was a 6mt, i pulled up to a restaurant who only had valet parking in the city, and the guy told me he can not drive manual..... so im like ok then I will just park myself up front. When I was walking to my car after he tried to come help me open the front door and half expecting a tip, yeah right. Since then I try to avoid giving my car to valet as much as possible.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2015, 10:34 PM   #3
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

fuck valet. all of them.

then again, i need to get to the point to where i can just pull up and leave my car at the front. ie-lambo/ferrari.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2015, 10:50 PM   #4
PandaM3
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3
fuck valet. all of them.

then again, i need to get to the point to where i can just pull up and leave my car at the front. ie-lambo/ferrari.
I try not to valet, but when I do I tip the guy up front to leave the car in front and not damage the car in any way.

Typically a $10 works.

This has worked all the time with my M3 and they leave it alone up front.

This has even worked with my FJ Cruiser after doing an off-road trail run in Vegas. Pulled up to the valet at the Bellagio in my lifted FJ Cruiser full of dirt and mud. I tipped the valet guy and he left it up front backed in on display next to Lamborghini's, Ferrari's, Porsches, etc.

Tip up front and tip based on how well you want them to take care of your car.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 01:18 PM   #5
njdrive
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Pedal Steve View Post
As soon as I pulled the M3 into the Marriot on Ft Lauderdale beach- the parking attendant was all eyes. As I headed into the lobby to inquire about a room, he demanded the key. I explained that it would be there only 2 minutes and he said he would have it towed. So I exercised my freedom of choice and went next door to the Yankee Clipper where they were glad for me to leave my car out front for a few minutes.

I really don't let anybody drive my M3 especially a teenager. Anyone else fussy about Valet parking?
I try to avoid valet with the BMWs, I ALWAYS do a full walk around prior and after getting the car back. I will tip to in hopes that they baby my baby. I will never valet park the M. I don't car if I have park it a few blocks away and Uber back to the location. If valet is a must, I will pay to park it myself or have it parked up front. It is something about the way the valet's eyes light up when they see the car. I am quick to disappoint them; not today my friend!! My beater returned with scratches and a ding one time. I didn't notice the damage until I arrived home.

One time I told valet that I would park the beater. told me I had to park it on the upper level of the parking lot, I said okay. On the walk down 5 levels I obsverd one kids "valet" race an Challenger SRT8 around the ramps and do a burn out into a parking space. It was like watching F and F Tokyo Drift . As I walked down the each level, the tire screaching did not stop as they drove these cars into to parking deck.