BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

EXXEL Distributions

06-11-2014, 02:54 PM   #1
Porschefile
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Thumbs up Coding by Alex at Alpine is a must

I know there are already tons of positive reviews of Alex's services on here, but I figured I'd throw in my 2c. I got the M3 GTS DCT software, Euro MDM, and several convenience features such as 1/8 tank gas light, no more idrive warning, and auto-unlock when engine stops. The DCT software alone is worth way more than Alex wants for it (to me at least), and the other stuff is great as well. I've driven it about 100 miles on GTS software and it is definitely smoother at low speeds and just feels less laggy in general. It also shifts unbelievably fast in S5. I left it in D2 (default) for most of the drive and it felt good. The software feels how it should IMO, a significant improvement from my OEM stuff. Haven't gotten to test Euro MDM yet, but I'm sure that's good stuff too. A couple of tanks of gas price for a significant improvement in driving experience on our M3's is a no brainer.

Anyway, to sum up: easy to do for the end-user, friendly service, great product, and killer price. Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 05:54 PM   #2
GTB/ZR-1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Pending...

Great review--I'm reading & learning more & more abt our cars.

I need to get a handle on what MDM is/does. lol
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 07:49 PM   #3
Porschefile
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB/ZR-1 View Post
Great review--I'm reading & learning more & more abt our cars.

I need to get a handle on what MDM is/does. lol
MDM is a mode of traction control that allows more slip (more sliding) than full-on traction control. The Euro version allows more sliding than the US, along with other advantages. If you go into the "m button" subcategory of settings, by pressing the idrive thing straight down you can choose M Dynamic Mode as an option for traction control. It is more fun
Appreciate 0