BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-21-2018, 02:43 PM   #23
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
17179
Rep
10,239
Posts

Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

RAI ,VER and HAM , Sooooooooo.....Close ! The suspense is on !!!
2 laps to go......
HAM.......WOW !!!
NO ?!?!
YES !!!

HAM vs VES ......YES !!!!
It's for MAX !!!

WOW !!!

MAX is 2nd !!! What a race ...What a fantastic driver !!!
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT software update & Servotronic & coding///Alpine HID Angeleyes///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 10-21-2018 at 02:49 PM.
Appreciate 2
Robin_NL3471.50
dzvero394.00

      10-21-2018, 02:54 PM   #24
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
17179
Rep
10,239
Posts

Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Honoring MAX ! From the Rocky Mountains to Miami !




__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT software update & Servotronic & coding///Alpine HID Angeleyes///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
Robin_NL3471.50

      10-21-2018, 02:59 PM   #25
TedA
Private First Class
TedA's Avatar
United_States
22
Rep
111
Posts

Drives: 2012 E92 M3 ZCP Mineral White
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Upstate NY

iTrader: (0)

Wow! Anyone has any nails left?!? Lol
Appreciate 2
      10-21-2018, 03:04 PM   #26
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
17179
Rep
10,239
Posts

Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedA View Post
Wow! Anyone has any nails left?!? Lol
An alternative is cracking walnuts !
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT software update & Servotronic & coding///Alpine HID Angeleyes///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2018, 03:15 PM   #27
minn19
Brigadier General
minn19's Avatar
United_States
4050
Rep
4,817
Posts

Drives: 18 M3, 16 F150,
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Minnesota

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
How is this race not being broadcast in English right now?! Espn has shown every race this season but doesn't show the only US race??
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorfast View Post
Apparently not in south Florida for some reason
Same here, very weird. It said it was over the air, but not being played via my cable subscriber ABC channel. I found it by accident on some obscure channel and it was in standard definition.

Great race though, very happy for Kimi! Even if he isn’t.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2018, 05:47 PM   #28
NickyC
Brigadier General
NickyC's Avatar
2917
Rep
4,251
Posts

Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere I don't want to be

iTrader: (16)

Finally, got back on track with a wonderful race and the payoff was seeing Kimi win again. Nail biter for those last what, 20 laps?

Sorry some of you in the US didn't seem to have the race on TV? It was on 712 for me on Charter, high def etc. as usual.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2018, 05:54 PM   #29
Fender150
First Lieutenant
United_States
148
Rep
314
Posts

Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

I was sitting right infront of the straight waiting for hamilton to pass those guys and claim
The fifth!! Too bad, bring on mexico!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2018, 06:05 PM   #30
Timujin
Captain
Timujin's Avatar
114
Rep
603
Posts

Drives: 2010 E90 M3 DCT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: California

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335d  [3.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timujin View Post
Someone had these for breakfast.
You eat bones ?
VET had them.
__________________
We grow food to feed the animals so we can eat the animals
Appreciate 1
      10-21-2018, 07:50 PM   #31
ptack
Brigadier General
ptack's Avatar
United_States
124
Rep
4,411
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 135i  [3.25]
Great win for Kimi. Got to love the Iceman.
"You must be very excited"
"Eh.."

Ferrari has themselves in hole for next year. Vettel keeps screwing up, Leclere is an unknown and they could end up 3rd or worse for constructor points/money (if Honda or Renault can make a good engine). Keeping Kimi would have kept them in the points race. His leaving is actually all about their loss of faith in Vettel. They must be hoping they can find a post-Hamilton solution. If Vettel can't beat Hamilton they need to find someone else (Leclere) who either can next year or as Hamilton declines. It's too bad there aren't more competitive teams out there. It would be way more interesting if Kimi, Ricciardo and Alonso all had viable chances aside from Mercedes, Red Bull and Ferrari.
__________________
135i, SGM, Coral, Sport Package, Auto, Premium Hifi, USB/ipod, Apex EC-7s, PPK Stage II
Appreciate 2
MKSixer8685.00

      10-22-2018, 10:27 AM   #32
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
17179
Rep
10,239
Posts

Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timujin View Post
VET had them.
Yeah . That's why he drove pretty bad.
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT software update & Servotronic & coding///Alpine HID Angeleyes///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 12:25 PM   #33
E92 M Sport
First Lieutenant
E92 M Sport's Avatar
United_States
148
Rep
364
Posts

Drives: 2016 F82
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
Great win for Kimi. Got to love the Iceman.
"You must be very excited"
"Eh.."

Ferrari has themselves in hole for next year. Vettel keeps screwing up, Leclere is an unknown and they could end up 3rd or worse for constructor points/money (if Honda or Renault can make a good engine). Keeping Kimi would have kept them in the points race. His leaving is actually all about their loss of faith in Vettel. They must be hoping they can find a post-Hamilton solution. If Vettel can't beat Hamilton they need to find someone else (Leclere) who either can next year or as Hamilton declines. It's too bad there aren't more competitive teams out there. It would be way more interesting if Kimi, Ricciardo and Alonso all had viable chances aside from Mercedes, Red Bull and Ferrari.

At this point idk if Vettel is capable of beating Hamilton. Obviously not this year but next. He’s had serious errors like Baku last year, over and over. I also think Ferrari will miss Kimi. Some of his best driving was this year even before he won.
__________________
2016 M4 MW/SS 6mt
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 12:26 PM   #34
EdM5
Lieutenant Colonel
EdM5's Avatar
Netherlands
353
Rep
1,665
Posts

Drives: F82 M4 CP & E70 X5 Xdrive35d
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Amsterdam

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
RAI ,VER and HAM , Sooooooooo.....Close ! The suspense is on !!!
2 laps to go......
HAM.......WOW !!!
NO ?!?!
YES !!!

HAM vs VES ......YES !!!!
It's for MAX !!!

WOW !!!

MAX is 2nd !!! What a race ...What a fantastic driver !!!

F1 definitely needs a proper showdown Lewis-Max.

Seb is just not up to it. And Max destroyed Danny.
__________________
2004 e87 118d (ret.), 2007 e92 330d (ret.), 2007 e87 130i M-sport (ret.), 2009 e92 M3 (ret.), 2010 f10 535d M-sport (ret.), 2015 f10 M5 CP (ret.)
2017 f82 M4 CP & 2009 e70 X5 35d
Appreciate 1
      10-22-2018, 12:50 PM   #35
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
17179
Rep
10,239
Posts

Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdM5 View Post

F1 definitely needs a proper showdown Lewis-Max.

Seb is just not up to it. And Max destroyed Danny.
Check this out => https://www.gpblog.com/nl/nieuws/241...r-gemept-.html
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT software update & Servotronic & coding///Alpine HID Angeleyes///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 04:42 PM   #36
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
1111
Rep
2,661
Posts

Drives: M
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: bmw

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92 M Sport View Post
At this point idk if Vettel is capable of beating Hamilton. Obviously not this year but next. He’s had serious errors like Baku last year, over and over. I also think Ferrari will miss Kimi. Some of his best driving was this year even before he won.
Apparently the word is Ferrari is giving Seb an ultimatum. One more season to figure things out, or they will cut ties with him.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 04:48 PM   #37
SFCM3
Captain
United_States
503
Rep
910
Posts

Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (3)

Ferrari shouldnt have let Kimi go, he has been super consistent for them. SUPER HAPPY to see Kimi get a win after 5 years, he deserved it.
__________________
I am never able to post pictures on forums, all my pics are on IG @baye30 https://www.instagram.com/baye30/
Appreciate 3
NickyC2917.00
dzvero394.00

      10-22-2018, 06:32 PM   #38
shay2nak
smoke if ya got 'em
shay2nak's Avatar
United_States
621
Rep
1,525
Posts

Drives: '18 F80 M3 / '07 Lotus Exige S
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Calipornia

iTrader: (0)

Meh...
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2018, 08:44 PM   #39
thebishman
Captain
United_States
88
Rep
829
Posts

Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Overland Park, KS

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieGrüneHölle View Post
Apparently the word is Ferrari is giving Seb an ultimatum. One more season to figure things out, or they will cut ties with him.
I’m not sure this makes sense, after all who would replace him?

Hamilton will probably end his career at Mercedes;

Verstappen (almost) locked into Red Bull as they see him as their future star;

Alonso leaving F1 but also towards the end of his career;

Danny Ric headed to Renault for big money.

Who’s left, LeClerc? So far he doesn’t have the experience to be the Ferrari #1 driver.

I think Arrivabene is out long before Vettel.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2018, 09:53 AM   #40
3798j
Lieutenant
3798j's Avatar
221
Rep
414
Posts

Drives: E86 3.0si
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Susquehanna Valley

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
MNF Giants - Falcons game.

Name:  1035124_1.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  33.9 KB
__________________
'08 3.0SI, '14 S5, '64 & '85 Corvettes, '66 TR4A, '68 GT6, '55 F100

Appreciate 2
NickyC2917.00
Taskmaster2163.50

      10-23-2018, 10:18 AM   #41
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
17179
Rep
10,239
Posts

Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieGrüneHölle View Post
Apparently the word is Ferrari is giving Seb an ultimatum. One more season to figure things out, or they will cut ties with him.
A new driver seat for MAX ?
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT software update & Servotronic & coding///Alpine HID Angeleyes///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2018, 10:36 AM   #42
ptack
Brigadier General
ptack's Avatar
United_States
124
Rep
4,411
Posts

Drives: 135i
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 135i  [3.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebishman View Post
I’m not sure this makes sense, after all who would replace him?

Hamilton will probably end his career at Mercedes;

Verstappen (almost) locked into Red Bull as they see him as their future star;

Alonso leaving F1 but also towards the end of his career;

Danny Ric headed to Renault for big money.

Who’s left, LeClerc? So far he doesn’t have the experience to be the Ferrari #1 driver.

I think Arrivabene is out long before Vettel.

Ferrari has to hope that Red Bull/Honda still isn't competitive with them or Mercedes and that Max thinks he needs Ferrari in order to win a championship. Either that or they have to hope they have more talent in the wings.
__________________
135i, SGM, Coral, Sport Package, Auto, Premium Hifi, USB/ipod, Apex EC-7s, PPK Stage II
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2018, 10:41 AM   #43
thebishman
Captain
United_States
88
Rep
829
Posts

Drives: F82 M4
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Overland Park, KS

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
Ferrari has to hope that Red Bull/Honda still isn't competitive with them or Mercedes and that Max thinks he needs Ferrari in order to win a championship. Either that or they have to hope they have more talent in the wings.
I agree. They’ll be coming for Max with a vengeance. Problem is: can he break his RB contract assuming the RB still isn’t quite competitive enough and Ferrari offer him enough $!
Appreciate 1
      10-23-2018, 10:55 AM   #44
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
17179
Rep
10,239
Posts

Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebishman View Post
I agree. They’ll be coming for Max with a vengeance. Problem is: can he break his RB contract assuming the RB still isn’t quite competitive enough and Ferrari offer him enough $!
That's a description of Hamilton's nightmare !
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT software update & Servotronic & coding///Alpine HID Angeleyes///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST