BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW

11-22-2006, 11:11 AM   #23
flush01
Major
Rep
Drives: 33m@%#ing5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihsanshaik
why u all hating if you have the money why not..my 1st car was the e90 330i when i was 16 years old..almost 18 now...you guys need to stop hating on teens you old men!
it shows that your're a teen, learn how to read... nobody is hating on anyone here, dude simply said he's sick of seeing 18 year olds reving their engine and trying to act all cocky... if he was hating, he would say something like this "i hate those 18 year olds in their brand new 40k bmw's"
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 11:13 AM   #24
Juggs
Bavarian Motor Werks Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i sport

Quote:
why u all hating if you have the money why not..my 1st car was the e90 330i when i was 16 years old..almost 18 now...you guys need to stop hating on teens you old men!
no commment neccessary
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 11:13 AM   #25
Mr. M
TouGe Monsta
Rep
Drives: On Order - its Topless!

J.O.S.E.
if you dont know what it means look it up under: Fat Joe's album
get over it.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 11:14 AM   #26
doublearon21
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Soon to order space gray 335,

Yes teen guys drive like maniacs, especially with 300+hp to play with, but I know a few times I have pulled up to other M3's and gave them a rev because of the commradery (don't know if that's spelled correctly) amongst BMW owners. He might have been excited seeing another Bimmer and when you wouldn't race him he wrote you off (which shows his lack of maturity). He was just trying to have fun the only way kids know...by doing stupid things. (these two things might have been contributing factors as well)
      11-22-2006, 11:19 AM   #27
Lassaxi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: April ED - E90 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward
nobody "deserves" a 40K car

some people EARN a 40K car

you can't earn a car with studying.
+1
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 11:26 AM   #28
jjw3477
Rep
n/a
Drives:

you thought they act cocky in a 300hp car when i was rolling in the gto forums and would come across the 18 year olds driving a 400+ hp car there nuts were bigger than there brains. No reason to hate on them though, cause i was smiling later after seeing how many tickets they had racked up/ or wrapped the thing around a pole, or the look i got when all they saw was my taillights till the next stop light.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 11:26 AM   #29
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondoggler
I'm 41 years old, happy with my 330i, and firmly believe that jealousy toward what someone else has is counter-productive to living a happy life.
Good call, some younger drivers are idiots but some older drivers are too. Also people change, I used to drive stupid when I was 16 but now I drive hardly over the speed limit.

Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 11:38 AM   #30
ZuerstBMW
¡Viva España!
Rep
Drives: 2023 230i Mineral White

The best medicine for people like that is IGNORING them.
      11-22-2006, 11:42 AM   #31
Ghunger
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Quote:
Part of it is that we wish we had cars that nice when we were that age, but the other part is just an appreciation for the value of it. If you were given a $40k car there is no way you will appreciate it as much as if you had worked hard to save the money for it. Then of course, there's the fact that the majority of young drivers aren't very good drivers and wouldn't know what to do with a nice car.

330i Monaco Blue, Terra /w aluminum trim, SP, PP, CA, PDC, Nav, Folding Seats, Sat Prep
European Delivery Blog
Picture Gallery
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 11:51 AM   #32
glock17
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Sparkling Graphite

More power to them (18 year old kids). I would have loved a new 330 when I was 18. I'm sure I would have totalled it, but it would have made life in high school more interesting. My first car was a Ferrari (I mean 1981 Honda Accord), and I paid for it with my own cash and paid for my own insurance. It makes me appreicate my lowly 325i much more now though.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 11:59 AM   #33
myfirstbimmer
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 SG 330i

When i was 16, my whip was a 2 Door Pontiac GrandDAM. Boy that car was a lemon, thats for sure!

Tom

35% Formula 1 Ceramic Tints, //M E-Brake handle, //M Steering Wheel
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 12:01 PM   #34
cm3rc
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90

Garage List
06 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz
just be happy for them... jealousy gets u nowhere... im a 18 yr old with a 330i dont hate me.. im a nice guy and wont bite... but i do speed & bump my child-friendly music.
i was like that too. now im more careful after two speeding tickets.
      11-22-2006, 12:10 PM   #35
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
and all teens with these bmws are spoiled... including me... but its not really up to you to say whether or not they deserve it... this topic has been covered so many times on so many threads. its just the way you were brought up... and if you cant accept that fact then keep arguing about this and it'll never get anywhere...

i have a friend who's first car was a e90... his parents have assets worth billions... they have a ferrari and a lambo... the guy is smart and goes to berk, and does he deserve a new car just by studying and doing well in school? probably not. but his parents can afford it and his parents sure as hell wud not buy a honda or something used for him... like i said its the way you are brought up... if he did end up getting a honda when his parents are worth billions i would be pretty awed...

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 12:11 PM   #36
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
oh n' your generalizing the situation... i'm pretty sure not all young teens driving bmws are all pricks.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 12:14 PM   #37
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

I was 19 when I got my car and everyone thought I was 35

Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 12:20 PM   #38
Taittinger
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue E92

Garage List
2007 335i Cpe  [0.00]
35?!?

'07 Monaco Blue 335i ordered 9/4 built 9/21 shipped 9/28 arrived 10/12 at dealership 10/18 vroom 10/19 christened 11/3...
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 12:24 PM   #39
Master Deep
Captain
Rep
Drives: 06 325xi

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Well I'm 18 and my dad just bought it for me as my first car in July. I had to work my ass off in school to get it. 4.0 through senior year w/ a few AP classes and I lose it if I don't keep my college GPA over a 3.7 and I'm doing pre-med. But since I've been a BMW enthusiast since middle school and I had to work hard (IMO) to get it so I appreciate it and love it to death. A perfect driving record prolly helped too. lol It seems rare these days to find a teen w/o any tickets.

There are some cool kids and there are some pricks. You just ran into the wrong type of kid.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 12:28 PM   #40
pauly1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Nikes

HTML Code:
and all teens with these bmws are spoiled... including me... but its not really up to you to say whether or not they deserve it... this topic has been covered so many times on so many threads. its just the way you were brought up... and if you cant accept that fact then keep arguing about this and it'll never get anywhere... 

i have a friend who's first car was a e90... his parents have assets worth billions... they have a ferrari and a lambo... the guy is smart and goes to berk, and does he deserve a new car just by studying and doing well in school? probably not. but his parents can afford it and his parents sure as hell wud not buy a honda or something used for him... like i said its the way you are brought up... if he did end up getting a honda when his parents are worth billions i would be pretty awed...
What's wrong with a brand new Honda, for a 17 year old who's primary concern should be learning to drive and staying out of an accident. Are mommy and daddy really that concerned that Julian or Conner , will tarnish their image so terribly? I don't care how much I was worth, whether or not I buy my child a car or not will be based on how in touch I feel they are with reality and how much they genuinely appreciate what I'm doing for them. The day my kid feels that he or she is "entitled" to a brand new vehicle, just because they are "them", I've failed miserably as a parent.

Teenage boys are "Generally speaking", an accident waiting to happen. I don't have a enough fingers to the count the amount of time I should of been dead or thrown in jail, and that was a driving a $2,800 1988 ,Chevy Beretta that I busted my ass to buy. It's a maturity factor for "most" people, and a BMW or any fast car for that matter, usually doesn't help. By the way I'm 28.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 12:29 PM   #41
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
where u going pre med? east coast has so many pre med programs... i was trying to get into emory's... but i got into the general chemistry program ;(

Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 12:33 PM   #42
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauly1
HTML Code:

What's wrong with a brand new Honda, for a 17 year old who's primary concern should be learning to drive and sating out of an accident. Are mommy and daddy really that concerned that Julian or Conner , will tarnish their image so terribly? I don't care how much I was worth, whether or not I buy my child a car or not will be based on how in touch I feel they are with reality and how much they genuinely appreciate what I'm doing for them. The day my kid feels that he or she is "entitled" to a brand new vehicle, just because they are "them", I've failed miserably as a parent.

Teenage boys are "Generally speaking", an accident waiting to happen. I don't have a enough fingers to the count the amount of time I should of been dead or thrown in jail, and that was a driving a $2,800 1988 ,Chevy Beretta that I busted my ass to buy. It's a maturity factor for "most" people, and a BMW or any fast car for that matter, usually doesn't help. By the way I'm 28.
then thats you right? i honestly can see your point of view really clearly... but your not getting what i say... in the end it is the parent who chooses the car... not the kid... the kid can dream all he wants but the parents pull the trigger. just because you weren't given a bmw as a teen does not make it WRONG for a parent to give their teen a bmw. it is only wrong to you because you werent given one in your youth. and its not always about image as i said... its about how you were raised up and what you are used to... u havent commented on that point at all.

Appreciate 0
      11-22-2006, 12:38 PM   #43
BuckJon
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbz
blame the parents not the kids

OK I still probably fit into the same category as what all you people hate, I don't really care I paid for my shit on my own and always have, but for those of you who are frustrated maybe reading this will make you feel better...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...highlight=ugly

and if that does makes you feel better

Regardless of age there are always idiot drivers, the important thing I think is just to have parents who teach responsibility to their kids. There is nothing wrong with buying your kid a nice car as long you just make sure they have a good head on their shoulders. Just like buying a gun for your kid, you wouldn't do it unless you had taught them everything about gun safety first. (and hopefully were a hunting family)
      11-22-2006, 12:43 PM   #44
BuckJon
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki
I was 19 when I got my car and everyone thought I was 35

Talk about growing up fast. People still think I'm 19 at 25.