BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

12-16-2017, 01:29 AM   #89
GORDON.M3
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 • F25 X3 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant Man View Post
You can. I have one. Proper CSL type induction sound.

Goke AG make them. They're a German company that make carbon fibre parts for BMW and VW Motorsport. They sell direct to UK. I assume they would sell direct to US customers or some of the resellers on this site could obtain them.

Video below doesn't really do it justice. The noise inside the car is fantastic with the Goke plenum. It has a larger volume that OEM.

http://www.carbon-goeke.de/aktuelles.html
Also how much are we looking at for the Goke plenum?

Last edited by GORDON.M3; 12-16-2017 at 11:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2017, 10:33 AM   #90
Ant Man
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Individual Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-los View Post

I think I'm going to have to buy this... I wish i could read german. Would like to know if it's a complete plenum (upper/lower) or just the upper piece...
The OEM plenun is a 2 piece design glued and bolted together. For fitment purposes, Goke use an OEM lower piece and add their carbon top.

I recall the volume is 20% larger which provides the power gains.

I paid EUR 1,400 I think last year, compared to GBP 2,000 that UK resellers wanted.

Jens Goke (owner) speaks English and their communication and service was excellent.

They lacquered over the BMW Motorsport logo in white as per my request. It looks the absolute dog's bollocks.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2017, 11:11 AM   #91
GORDON.M3
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
The OEM plenun is a 2 piece design glued and bolted together. For fitment purposes, Goke use an OEM lower piece and add their carbon top.

I paid EUR 1,400 I think last year, compared to GBP 2,000 that UK resellers wanted.

Jens Goke (owner) speaks English and their communication and service was excellent.

They lacquered over the BMW Motorsport logo in white as per my request. It looks the absolute dog's bollocks.
Thank you, I will contact Jens Goke.
Most carbon air plenums are using the OEM lower piece. This is for fitment reasons and where it straps down to the throttle bodies.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2017, 08:01 PM   #92
Dr. Dre
the doctor
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Alpine White

Anyone concerned that the lower intake on piece that comes on the Eventuri might cause water to get sucked into the engine. Not hating on the system. I actually want to buy one.

I just wonder if BMW designed the lower intake to limit the amount of water that would get in. I guess I could just not install the lower piece.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2017, 09:48 PM   #93
Grayblack
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 and G07 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dre View Post
Anyone concerned that the lower intake on piece that comes on the Eventuri might cause water to get sucked into the engine. Not hating on the system. I actually want to buy one.

I just wonder if BMW designed the lower intake to limit the amount of water that would get in. I guess I could just not install the lower piece.
There's a piece attached to the filter that blocks debris and water.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2017, 11:57 AM   #94
C-los
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dre View Post

If you don't want your lower piece, i'll buy it from you
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2017, 07:37 AM   #95
peter de la mare
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

Quote:

Hi Ant. Were you able to measure any additional power with the Goke lid? Do you track your car? I'm interested to know if you've had any drive-by noise sensor issues.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2017, 02:28 PM   #96
Ant Man
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Individual Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter de la mare View Post
Hi Ant. Were you able to measure any additional power with the Goke lid? Do you track your car? I'm interested to know if you've had any drive-by noise sensor issues.
No I didn't do a before and after dyno. Can I say that I felt any gains? I already had 450 bhp, so I'm not sure if another 10 would be easily noticeable. It did feel quicker during hard pulls but this could be in my head. The induction noise is incredible. I can play tunes with the throttle. The way the pitch and tones changes throughout the rev range, really adds to the driving experience. It is also louder but I would not have thought track noise limits would be exceeded unless the limit is low.
Appreciate 1
      02-04-2018, 08:11 AM   #97
Sammy82
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

Has anyone already compared the carbon fiber intake and the kevlar intake and can tell about differences in sound?
Will the carbon lid even improve the induction noise?

In Germany, the lid is not yet available
And before I place an order in the US or Uk and buy this thing and it brings nothing except optics, I wanted to hear / read experiences

#edit#
Instead of two seperate threats: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1425157, can a Mod please put this two threads together?
Otherwise, the overview will be lost if it is posted in two different threads on one and the same thing

Last edited by Sammy82; 02-04-2018 at 08:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 09:22 AM   #98
Sammy82
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

To push the thread up a bit and increase interest, here are some pictures

The intake kit just sounds wonderful from 5000upm upwards
The only missing part is the matching carbon lid
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2018, 11:21 AM   #99
GORDON.M3
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy82 View Post
To push the thread up a bit and increase interest, here are some pictures

The intake kit just sounds wonderful from 5000upm upwards
The only missing part is the matching carbon lid
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 08:12 AM   #100
Imran@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: All of them

It was tested a while ago but Eventuri are proud to announce that the E9X M3 Carbon Intake is now has TUV certification and is the only intake on this platform to have this certification.

Appreciate 2
GORDON.M31421.00
E92M3GT101.00