BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

09-24-2016, 02:38 PM   #1
bhup09
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 DCT

Rearview/CF Center console viberations

Hey guys just wondering if any of you are experiencing similar issues with vibrations. YES i have searched!

My car is fully cat-less with Gintani Sport exhaust so i'm aware that there is going to be a bit of drone and of course more noise. When i'm above 2700 RPMS there is almost no rattles but anything under that seems to viberate/rattle the rear view mirror and center console alot. The center console is the OEM BMW CF piece. Is there any options to help this? I was thinking of using something like dynamat or a sound deadner on the under side of the CF center console. Looks like guys are using Dupont Krytox for rattles, im having a hard time finding it. Is there any other type of lubricants that can use? Getting sick of these rattles! Any help is appreciated, Thanks.
10 E92 M3 | JET BLACK | BLACK NOVIOLLO | DCT | PDC | NAV | ~ /IND Painted Reflectors,Side Grilles,Front Grilles/Hardwired 9500ix/Lux v4/Match Schnell Stage 2 Intake/Gintani Sport Rear Section/ AA Catless X-pipe/OEM Euro LCI/Evolve Tune
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2016, 08:45 PM   #2
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhup09 View Post
Hey guys just wondering if any of you are experiencing similar issues with vibrations. YES i have searched!

My car is fully cat-less with Gintani Sport exhaust so i'm aware that there is going to be a bit of drone and of course more noise. When i'm above 2700 RPMS there is almost no rattles but anything under that seems to viberate/rattle the rear view mirror and center console alot. The center console is the OEM BMW CF piece. Is there any options to help this? I was thinking of using something like dynamat or a sound deadner on the under side of the CF center console. Looks like guys are using Dupont Krytox for rattles, im having a hard time finding it. Is there any other type of lubricants that can use? Getting sick of these rattles! Any help is appreciated, Thanks.

I'd take a few minutes to slide under the car and check if there's any metal-to-metal contact, or if the rubber exhaust hangers are dried out.
      09-29-2016, 04:06 PM   #3
opihi5
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 m3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
My exhaust setup makes my whole car vibrate during cold start, pretty obnoxious and droney. Somewhere on the piller next to steering wheel there is very bad vibration, don't know what it is though.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2016, 04:57 PM   #4
bhup09
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by opihi5 View Post
My exhaust setup makes my whole car vibrate during cold start, pretty obnoxious and droney. Somewhere on the piller next to steering wheel there is very bad vibration, don't know what it is though.
There's a huge thread on specific rattles that guys have fixed. Take a look at the I believe there is a fix for the rattle in the pillar. My setup sounds best at around 2500-3000 RPM, no drone/vibrations at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
I'd take a few minutes to slide under the car and check if there's any metal-to-metal contact, or if the rubber exhaust hangers are dried out.
I took a look underneath yesterday, everything looks fine and no metal-to-metal contact anywhere. However I did find one rubber hanger that looks a little beat up, i will replace it this weekend. I will probably take a closer look at the rear view and center console at the same time too.
10 E92 M3 | JET BLACK | BLACK NOVIOLLO | DCT | PDC | NAV | ~ /IND Painted Reflectors,Side Grilles,Front Grilles/Hardwired 9500ix/Lux v4/Match Schnell Stage 2 Intake/Gintani Sport Rear Section/ AA Catless X-pipe/OEM Euro LCI/Evolve Tune
Appreciate 0