BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-17-2019, 06:29 PM   #1
obe100
Lieutenant
obe100's Avatar
United_States
183
Rep
456
Posts

Drives: on the weekendsÖ
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Planet Earth

iTrader: (1)

For those without primary cats GA??

What are you doing to pass emissions?

Re-installing stock x pipe? Or, other?

Appreciate your feedback.

Thx!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2019, 01:37 PM   #2
M3MPH1S
Captain
M3MPH1S's Avatar
United_States
489
Rep
730
Posts

Drives: 2010 E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (8)

Yep. I've got my stock xpipe in my outdoor storage closet and I throw it back on, clear the codes, drive around for a few miles (I think like 40? triggers readiness) then swing by an emissions tester.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2019, 01:06 PM   #3
obe100
Lieutenant
obe100's Avatar
United_States
183
Rep
456
Posts

Drives: on the weekendsÖ
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Planet Earth

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3MPH1S View Post
Yep. I've got my stock xpipe in my outdoor storage closet and I throw it back on, clear the codes, drive around for a few miles (I think like 40? triggers readiness) then swing by an emissions tester.
thanks bro. I'll be swapping pipes here soon.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2019, 01:37 PM   #4
dkallen21
New Member
dkallen21's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
23
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 Silverstone
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Nashville, TN

iTrader: (0)

Iím TN, not GA, so not sure if you all have stricter places/tests. But I was worried about the same.
I have primary cats deleted on OEM setup and have an engine tune. I pass without having to change anything. Car passes all OBDII tests. The inspectors barely wave the mirror at the car so the visual inspection is rarely a concern.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 10:12 PM   #5
ToddinTN
Both Feet In
117
Rep
148
Posts

Drives: 2011 SG DINAN E93 M3
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Nashville, Tennessee

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 BMW E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkallen21 View Post
Iím TN, not GA, so not sure if you all have stricter places/tests. But I was worried about the same.
I have primary cats deleted on OEM setup and have an engine tune. I pass without having to change anything. Car passes all OBDII tests. The inspectors barely wave the mirror at the car so the visual inspection is rarely a concern.
Stage 1 or stage 2 (catless) tune? Iím due and would love not swapping my challenge hi flo cat for the oem.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2019, 08:07 PM   #6
ToddinTN
Both Feet In
117
Rep
148
Posts

Drives: 2011 SG DINAN E93 M3
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Nashville, Tennessee

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 BMW E93 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddinTN View Post
Stage 1 or stage 2 (catless) tune? Iím due and would love not swapping my challenge hi flo cat for the oem.
Not that it helps in GA, but I just passed in TN with a Challenge X-Pipe with 2 hi-flo cats and an Alpine Stage 2 tune. No O2 readiness, but rest passed and I got the smiley face of approval.

So thankful I don't have to spend 3 hours swapping the x-pipe twice to pass.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2019, 08:12 PM   #7
M3MPH1S
Captain
M3MPH1S's Avatar
United_States
489
Rep
730
Posts

Drives: 2010 E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (8)

Lucky TN folks...GA checks full readiness
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:20 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST