BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
INDustry distribution
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-26-2016, 01:17 PM   #67
whats77inaname
Native Texan
United_States
649
Rep
3,412
Posts

Drives: when at all possible
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tx

iTrader: (25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Properstyle View Post
please tell me what it's like to own a lambo....
Expensive. And I don't have to own one to tell you that
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2016, 01:24 PM   #68
shu5892001
Second Lieutenant
shu5892001's Avatar
Canada
52
Rep
249
Posts

Drives: GS-F
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Damn... I would of bought a IS-F if I knew the tune would be cracked, the 2011+ models have really became a close competitor with the M3. It drove like a luxury sedan below 4k and it's a absolute monster above 4k. I also see lots of IS-F with 100+ miles running without a hiccup, IS-F owner keeps their car for a long time compare to M and AMG, which do tell a lot . No rod bearing nightmare either...
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2016, 02:35 PM   #69
davcrz5
Private First Class
davcrz5's Avatar
32
Rep
190
Posts

Drives: X5 M Sport 2011, ISF 2011
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

I'm not sure I would really worry about a all motor tune on a isf when the doing a 100 shot works so well on it.[/QUOTE]

I can only speak for myself but Nitrous is cool if you like drag racing or doing highway pulls thats fun but to me Nitrous has some limitation, you can only use at W.O.T,.
I like having power on tap through out my power band not just WOT.

Most of my driving is done on streets, I live in suburbs of NYC with traffic, cops etc, it becomes difficult to do WOT pulls unless late at night or on back roads. Add the cost and hassle of getting tanks filled plus it seem you never have full bottle when you need it lol

Prior to this tune being released I was going to go Nitrous route, I currently have I/H/E the only option left was to go on bottle if I wanted more power. The ECU on ISF are adaptable and learn quickly they have no problem running 200 shot with I/H/E but now with Tune available I rather go SC than Nitrous any day.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2016, 03:36 PM   #70
ISFPOWER
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: Lexus ISF
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davcrz5 View Post

I can only speak for myself but Nitrous is cool if you like drag racing or doing highway pulls thats fun but to me Nitrous has some limitation, you can only use at W.O.T,.
I like having power on tap through out my power band not just WOT.

Most of my driving is done on streets, I live in suburbs of NYC with traffic, cops etc, it becomes difficult to do WOT pulls unless late at night or on back roads. Add the cost and hassle of getting tanks filled plus it seem you never have full bottle when you need it lol

Prior to this tune being released I was going to go Nitrous route, I currently have I/H/E the only option left was to go on bottle if I wanted more power. The ECU on ISF are adaptable and learn quickly they have no problem running 200 shot with I/H/E but now with Tune available I rather go SC than Nitrous any day.

same here. i had nitrous on the ISF and it was fast. was just as fast as a stock GTR . but im glad a supercharger is coming out for the ISF this summer because of this tune . I like the look and sounds of an aftermarket FI system while driving.

Last edited by ISFPOWER; 01-26-2016 at 03:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 08:50 PM   #71
TrevorM3
Major General
1380
Rep
6,081
Posts

Drives: 6.3 AMG
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shu5892001 View Post
Damn... I would of bought a IS-F if I knew the tune would be cracked, the 2011+ models have really became a close competitor with the M3. It drove like a luxury sedan below 4k and it's a absolute monster above 4k. I also see lots of IS-F with 100+ miles running without a hiccup, IS-F owner keeps their car for a long time compare to M and AMG, which do tell a lot . No rod bearing nightmare either...


funny was looking at prices of the F and this is absolutely true. lots of high mileages ones out there. says alot.

i actually like the car in that blue. fing gorgeous.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 02:15 AM   #72
davcrz5
Private First Class
davcrz5's Avatar
32
Rep
190
Posts

Drives: X5 M Sport 2011, ISF 2011
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
funny was looking at prices of the F and this is absolutely true. lots of high mileages ones out there. says alot.

i actually like the car in that blue. fing gorgeous.
I normally DD my ISF 62k mile , except when it snow especially 27in lol, but my wife needed X5 so I used F today. Down by Freedom Tower in NYC, after work to my favorite hand car was then home.

Name:  2016-01-28 01.56.24-1600x900.jpg
Views: 1343
Size:  344.4 KB

Name:  2016-01-28 01.53.52-1600x900.jpg
Views: 1234
Size:  225.7 KB

Name:  2016-01-28 01.58.47-1600x900.jpg
Views: 1257
Size:  287.1 KB
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2016, 11:17 AM   #73
davcrz5
Private First Class
davcrz5's Avatar
32
Rep
190
Posts

Drives: X5 M Sport 2011, ISF 2011
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Just wanted to let the m3 community know that there's been improvements in other areas as well for ISF In addition to the tune there also has been some major improvements in aftermarket suspension and braking components that have helped improve even further than the 2011 suspension update for ISF. Here a few of my favorite suspension and braking components currently available for the F from one of favorites.

Revised LCA bushings from RR Racing and FIGS that not only improves camber and caster but one of the biggest benefits increase steering feel. An area that the M3 has excelled in. Now the F with this component has drastically steering feel of ISF.

Penske and Ohlins now both offer coilover setups for the ISF these are top notch race proven companies. You have another company like figs engineering that offers its mega control arms and other suspension components.
You have several companies producing even better calipers and rotors it then the factory brambles ranging in price from $800 - $16,000.

Name:  2016-01-28 10.43.31.png
Views: 1280
Size:  353.2 KB

Name:  2016-01-28 10.42.30.png
Views: 1327
Size:  246.5 KB

Name:  2016-01-28 10.41.14.png
Views: 1270
Size:  324.7 KB

Name:  2016-01-28 10.44.58.png
Views: 1250
Size:  382.6 KB

Name:  2016-01-28 10.48.16.png
Views: 1340
Size:  956.3 KB

Name:  2016-01-28 10.52.03.jpg
Views: 1252
Size:  772.0 KB
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 02:12 PM   #74
Z K
Brigadier General
Z K's Avatar
United_States
1397
Rep
4,826
Posts

Drives: E90 M3, F30 328i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan37Tz View Post
I think you're a bit over exaggerating with the front end. In real life it's much more subtle than you describe, I personally think the regular IS250/350 has a pretty short nose that gives it a stubby look.

The ISF is over 3 inches longer, also wider, about 1 inch wider actually (Z K should go look up exterior dimensions before posting), with a powerdome hood, it's lower and the vents are all functional, I think it really evens out the look and make it look a ton better than the regular "frumpy" looking IS. Again this is all subjective though.
That extra inch of width you are talking about is from the front fenders and the sideskirt. Both of which stick out like some aftermarket pep boys special. The rear fenders and rest of the car is the same as the regular car. So the car has a wide front and narrow rear... I'm sure that's great for RWD.

I feel quite the opposite is true. I find the regular IS very refined and sporty without looking like it's trying too hard. The ISF is just trying too hard. I'm sorry but it's really over the top. The bulge and round front really ruins the sleek look of the car. The round bulging front bumper reminds me of this:


The IS with X package is done very nicely. It has a nice lip spoiler, 5 spoke wheels and comes 1/2 inch lower from the factory than non X package IS cars. It also has a more aggressive sport suspension and stiffer ride. It's angular with sharper edges and looks like a 4 door S2000.

__________________
Auto Detailing Enthusiast!

Last edited by Z K; 01-29-2016 at 02:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 04:40 PM   #75
husks002
Lieutenant
husks002's Avatar
United_States
34
Rep
559
Posts

Drives: E92 M3, Cayman GT4
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (3)

I'm trying to understand why Lexus fanboys are on M3post just trying to pick fights and try to prove the IS-F is a fantastic car?

No one here cares.....

Also every single one of those examples of exhaust tailpipes are not 1 pipe going into 2. They are usually 1 into 1 or 2 into 1. Anyone and everyone can agree it looks like a retarded mutant of a car and the exhaust tips are laughable at best.....

P.S. I owned a Lexus IS250 and it was a fantastic car for a daily driver....but no M car.
Appreciate 1
      01-29-2016, 06:12 PM   #76
Da Hapa
Second Lieutenant
United_States
18
Rep
248
Posts

Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Dana Point, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by husks002 View Post
I'm trying to understand why Lexus fanboys are on M3post just trying to pick fights and try to prove the IS-F is a fantastic car?

No one here cares.....

Also every single one of those examples of exhaust tailpipes are not 1 pipe going into 2. They are usually 1 into 1 or 2 into 1. Anyone and everyone can agree it looks like a retarded mutant of a car and the exhaust tips are laughable at best.....

P.S. I owned a Lexus IS250 and it was a fantastic car for a daily driver....but no M car.
Defensive much?

Most folks here on M3post are car enthusiasts first, M enthusiasts second. I would argue that many of us actually do care and are happy and enthusiastic about discussing multiple cars. I don't think anyone is "trying to pick fights" as you suggest.

Plus, why isn't it ok to discuss a competitor for the E9X M3 in the "M3 vs..." section of this forum?

Finally, nobody, even the most steadfast Lexus fan would argue that an IS250 is an "M car". And if you'[re somehow drawing the corollary that an IS 250 is the same as an ISF, your logic is every bit as flawed as people who inaccurately compare a 328i to an M3.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 06:58 PM   #77
FFM
Sell me your wheels
FFM's Avatar
United_States
59
Rep
282
Posts

Drives: 11 ISF | 06 V70R
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bellingham, WA

iTrader: (0)

Lol. I kind of want both really. Likely picking up a comp package E92 next month from the sounds of it, but would like to take my wife's commoner300 as a daily and buy her an ISF.

Besides the fact that looks are subjective, performance is hard to not acknowledge. If the 2011 updates came factory in 08 I think the M3 and ISF would have been a much closer match up from the start.
__________________
Current: 11 ISF | P2 V70R
Past: 14 C300 AMG Sport+ | E46M | S40 T5 | NA1 NSX | Acura TL | LS-T DC4
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 07:06 PM   #78
cmo_93
Lieutenant
cmo_93's Avatar
191
Rep
490
Posts

Drives: 981 Cayman GTS
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: GA

iTrader: (0)

Wow, that took forever! Glad to see the aftermarket is growing for the ISF, though. I personally, from a reliability stand point trust the Lexus a bit more than the M3. But, I also chose to buy the M3, so there you go. (Partially, bc my daily is a Camry and I figured that would be too close). The Lexus sounds purely orgasmic with the right exhaust setup, however and while I feel the tranny is slower than my m3, it is fine for daily duties and occasional fun. I love the car.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 09:33 PM   #79
PizzaHut
Enlisted Member
PizzaHut's Avatar
29
Rep
33
Posts

Drives: 1995 Nissan 300ZX TT
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
The IS with X package is done very nicely. It has a nice lip spoiler, 5 spoke wheels and comes 1/2 inch lower from the factory than non X package IS cars. It also has a more aggressive sport suspension and stiffer ride. It's angular with sharper edges and looks like a 4 door S2000.

I respect your opinion but I would have to disagree completely, while the regular IS250/350 is a handsome car, it has always looked a bit stubby in my eyes.

To me, the ISF just looks better proportioned and much more muscular. Here is an ISF from the same angle of your X Package IS350. I don't see any of the "Pep Boys" special flaring that you speak of.

Last edited by PizzaHut; 01-29-2016 at 11:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 09:38 PM   #80
WiFiGuy
Geeky Pedels
WiFiGuy's Avatar
17
Rep
201
Posts

Drives: '11 E90 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Road Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Hagen View Post
Somewhat relevant to this community as I know others, including myself, cross-shopped IS-F's. It was the lack of aftermarket potential that deterred me from the IS-F. Looks like a flash is now available, and makes impressive results.

As of 1/20/2016, their test mule is making 405whp/389tq on a DynoJet without aftermarket headers. Another test car with full headers is in queue, which typically add +30hp/tq on their own.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't envious of the power with just some simple bolt-ons.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-v...e-finally.html

Dyno of before/after flash (Sorry for the large image):
My preferred shop in my neck of the woods has "tuned" the S65 through the software and produced similar gains on a fellow E90 owners test car. Nothing more than MS Test Pipes, MS Intake, Pully's I believe and exhaust. I would be interested to see both setup's on a road course and see what's up then. Stock suspenders and such. Just tune and bolt on stuff. I'd put my dollar on the M.
__________________
Turner, Gintani, MS
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2016, 09:51 PM   #81
PizzaHut
Enlisted Member
PizzaHut's Avatar
29
Rep
33
Posts

Drives: 1995 Nissan 300ZX TT
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFiGuy View Post
My preferred shop in my neck of the woods has "tuned" the S65 through the software and produced similar gains on a fellow E90 owners test car. Nothing more than MS Test Pipes, MS Intake, Pully's I believe and exhaust. I would be interested to see both setup's on a road course and see what's up then. Stock suspenders and such. Just tune and bolt on stuff. I'd put my dollar on the M.
While I agree I'd put my money on the M also if it was compared to an early 08-09 ISF, for 2011+ Lexus gave it a full suspension and steering overhaul, the 2011+ ISF is actually about 9 seconds faster PER LAP at VIR compared to the 2008-2009 ISF.

2011+ ISF is actually quicker than an E92 M3 and more than a second quicker than the C63 AMG on Car and Driver's Lightning Lap test. It also made it on Car and Drivers top 10 Fastest Sedans in Lightning Lap History. The E90 M3 did not make the list.

An E92 M3 Competition Package equipped on Pilot Sport Cup+ track tires tied the 2011+ ISF's VIR lightning lap time which btw the ISF was running on regular summer tires.


As far as power gains are concerned, ISF puts down about 400whp with just header and exhaust. The guys over on CL are getting baselines before the tune and they're around 405-410WHP DynoJet, 440-450whp with I/H/E and tune is what they are estimating.

What's ironic is they're doing all their dyno testing at EAS.

Last edited by PizzaHut; 01-29-2016 at 11:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2016, 01:24 AM   #82
ISFPOWER
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: Lexus ISF
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by husks002 View Post
I'm trying to understand why Lexus fanboys are on M3post just trying to pick fights and try to prove the IS-F is a fantastic car?

No one here cares.....

Also every single one of those examples of exhaust tailpipes are not 1 pipe going into 2. They are usually 1 into 1 or 2 into 1. Anyone and everyone can agree it looks like a retarded mutant of a car and the exhaust tips are laughable at best.....

P.S. I owned a Lexus IS250 and it was a fantastic car for a daily driver....but no M car.
because some of us are unbiased enthusiasts who can appreciate what cars are good and not have bias brand loyalty.

e92 was my first pic but was too slow for daily driving. torqueless.

m6 felt a lot better. ISF is just a rocket around town.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2016, 07:33 PM   #83
TrevorM3
Major General
1380
Rep
6,081
Posts

Drives: 6.3 AMG
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan37Tz View Post
While I agree I'd put my money on the M also if it was compared to an early 08-09 ISF, for 2011+ Lexus gave it a full suspension and steering overhaul, the 2011+ ISF is actually about 9 seconds faster PER LAP at VIR compared to the 2008-2009 ISF.

2011+ ISF is actually quicker than an E92 M3 and more than a second quicker than the C63 AMG on Car and Driver's Lightning Lap test. It also made it on Car and Drivers top 10 Fastest Sedans in Lightning Lap History. The E90 M3 did not make the list.

An E92 M3 Competition Package equipped on Pilot Sport Cup+ track tires tied the 2011+ ISF's VIR lightning lap time which btw the ISF was running on regular summer tires.


As far as power gains are concerned, ISF puts down about 400whp with just header and exhaust. The guys over on CL are getting baselines before the tune and they're around 405-410WHP DynoJet, 440-450whp with I/H/E and tune is what they are estimating.

What's ironic is they're doing all their dyno testing at EAS.



9 seconds? that is nuts. i didn't know the 11's were so much better. time to do some reading. that is some major upgrading. i'd hate to own an early car only to find out the updated one is SO much better.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2016, 07:35 PM   #84
TrevorM3
Major General
1380
Rep
6,081
Posts

Drives: 6.3 AMG
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISFPOWER View Post
because some of us are unbiased enthusiasts who can appreciate what cars are good and not have bias brand loyalty.

e92 was my first pic but was too slow for daily driving. torqueless.

m6 felt a lot better. ISF is just a rocket around town.




if you like torque around town, there's only one car to get.



AMG baby. I'm sure my spine is slightly tweaked everytime i yank through first and second gear in that thing.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2016, 08:59 PM   #85
PizzaHut
Enlisted Member
PizzaHut's Avatar
29
Rep
33
Posts

Drives: 1995 Nissan 300ZX TT
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
9 seconds? that is nuts. i didn't know the 11's were so much better. time to do some reading. that is some major upgrading. i'd hate to own an early car only to find out the updated one is SO much better.
Yeah it's pretty crazy how much they improved using the same chassis.

Here's a video where the reviewer gives the basic lowdown on the changes to the 2011+

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2016, 09:21 PM   #86
TrevorM3
Major General
1380
Rep
6,081
Posts

Drives: 6.3 AMG
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

interesting vid, thanks for posting. wouldn't mind seeing how an 8 speed feels.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2016, 09:44 PM   #87
dparm
World's greatest HPDE driver
dparm's Avatar
United_States
2227
Rep
7,181
Posts

Drives: C7 Corvette Grand Sport
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by husks002 View Post
I'm trying to understand why Lexus fanboys are on M3post just trying to pick fights and try to prove the IS-F is a fantastic car?

No one here cares.....

Some of us do. Feel free to stop reading this thread if you aren't interested in the IS F.
__________________
Now: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
Past: 2011.5 M3 sedan ZCP
Appreciate 1
      01-31-2016, 01:25 AM   #88
8600RPM
Lieutenant Colonel
599
Rep
1,752
Posts

Drives: e92 m3
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: AZ

iTrader: (0)

Both my fbo e92 m3 dcb put acouple bus lengths on roll races on an isf so I'm glad they are finally catching up. From a roll a stock e92 m3 pulled on the thing so it's torque only offers an advantage in higher gears at low revs like around town if you are unwilling to downshift.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:04 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST