BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)
Closed Thread

12-07-2009, 06:13 PM   #23
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Honda S2000 TT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonmartin View Post
Well no one is stopping AA from posting up their own numbers and the way they do "custom" tunes they don't even touch the car so how much better is it gonna be?
They don't even touch the car eh. Well I guess I wasted a 10 hour drive and all my money when I went to AA and had my car custom dyno tuned by them. I definitely didn't see him touch my car. The fact is this is a Houston GB Dyno Charts post and he posted 2 plots that had NOTHING to do with the Houston GB. He took two cheap shots at AA, and I stand by what I said.
2009 BMW M3 Coupe: Sold e92.ridedomain.com
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 06:25 PM   #24
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
They don't even touch the car eh. Well I guess I wasted a 10 hour drive and all my money when I went to AA and had my car custom dyno tuned by them. I definitely didn't see him touch my car. The fact is this is a Houston GB Dyno Charts post and he posted 2 plots that had NOTHING to do with the Houston GB. He took two cheap shots at AA, and I stand by what I said.
Congrats you're the first I've heard of so what were the results? I guess you call him showing the difference between their tune and AA tune cheap shots In other words no one should post their before and after results because it would be a cheap shot toward AA lol.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 06:34 PM   #25
QTRM3
Second Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 2008 6MT

Thanks Mike for the great help and it was the first version (1.0) of AA tune.

I did not get the update because no one at AA return my calls and the 6 weeks late email reply that I got from them.

I was busy the last few weeks but I will dyno the car again by the end of the month to proof the numbers.

Remus Race Exhaust, AA X-Pipe Castles, AA SSK, AA ECU Tune, Evo Sport Pulleys, AFE Filter & Air Scope, HRE P40 20, H&R Springs ...
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 06:41 PM   #26
DoNDoN
Colonel
Thailand
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 AW

I had my car dynoed by Fabspeed the day I had my HFC and X Pipe installed. Jeremy read the dyno and asked me if I had an AA tune. I said yes and i asked him how he knew. He said that the numbers were lower than some stock cars he has dynoed. He said that every car he has dynoed with the AA tune has had lower HP/TQ number then stock. I really didnt believe him until my friend dynoed his stock car there with the HFC and X Pipe and had 20+ more HP than me. I will be willing to do a dyno with the AA tune and then with the Powerchip tune to see which has more HP/TQ.
      12-07-2009, 06:45 PM   #27
powertrip
Scared money don't make money.
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
That is the exact response I got from AA....NOTHING .

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTRM3 View Post
Thanks Mike for the great help and it was the first version (1.0) of AA tune.

I did not get the update because no one at AA return my calls and the 6 weeks late email reply that I got from them.

I was busy the last few weeks but I will dyno the car again by the end of the month to proof the numbers.

Yep, with the AA tune my car was down 20whp from where it should have been. It was okay with just a pulley and secondary cat delete, but no bueno with HFC's and an axle back.

DoNDoN I had my car dynoed by Fabspeed the day I had my HFC and X Pipe installed. Jeremy read the dyno and asked me if I had an AA tune. I said yes and i asked him how he knew. He said that the numbers were lower than some stock cars he has dynoed. He said that every car he has dynoed with the AA tune has had lower HP/TQ number then stock. I really didnt believe him until my friend dynoed his stock car there with the HFC and X Pipe and had 20+ more HP than me. I will be willing to do a dyno with the AA tune and then with the Powerchip tune to see which has more HP/TQ.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 06:49 PM   #28
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNDoN View Post
I had my car dynoed by Fabspeed the day I had my HFC and X Pipe installed. Jeremy read the dyno and asked me if I had an AA tune. I said yes and i asked him how he knew. He said that the numbers were lower than some stock cars he has dynoed. He said that every car he has dynoed with the AA tune has had lower HP/TQ number then stock. I really didnt believe him until my friend dynoed his stock car there with the HFC and X Pipe and had 20+ more HP than me. I will be willing to do a dyno with the AA tune and then with the Powerchip tune to see which has more HP/TQ.
Thats what I heard the thing that gets me is how people think its just because we all have a bad agenda against AA somehow I mean by now theres been quite a number of people that have made the switch and are all reporting similar results. So what gives? I mean it would be one thing if it was not backed up, but all of a sudden people just have no class and just don't like AA for no reason because the results have ended up in Powerchips favor in every case c'mon now?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 08:09 PM   #29
powertrip
Rep

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
If Omar really stands behind their tune he should offer a refund to those who lost power with their tunes (with proof of course). The first thing Powerchip told me was that if I wasn't pleased with my tune that my money would be refunded. How about it OMAR?? Step up man .
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 10:09 PM   #30
BPMSport
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Harrop M3 / F10 M5 / F82 M4

Garage List
2000 BMW M5  [0.00]
1990 BMW 735i Turbo  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [7.50]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2015 BMW M5  [0.00]
I personally stand behind every customer that goes through me. That means that whether I work with Powerchip or not, I will go out of my way to make sure my customers are happy - Period.

There's nothing wrong with standing by a product that you believe in and use every day

It seems from reading the posts above that there is a bigger picture here....

-----| Like us on Facebook | Instagram || Tuning Information | Remote Coding |-----
----Visit us at www.BPMSport.com - Emotion. Driven. | Toll Free: (888) 557-5133----
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 10:59 PM   #31
QTRM3
Second Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 2008 6MT

I 'm not holding grudge against AA because I really like there products. I had the AA tune on May 2009 and I really liked it but Powerchip is the next level.

Remus Race Exhaust, AA X-Pipe Castles, AA SSK, AA ECU Tune, Evo Sport Pulleys, AFE Filter & Air Scope, HRE P40 20, H&R Springs ...
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 11:28 PM   #32
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

AA still has a few fanboi's around...

King Tut didn't like LMB because he called out AA on their products too.
All AA has to do is prove people wrong... which they can't seem to do anymore.

Now they complain about anyone who bashes their products but have NOTHING to prove these people wrong.

And they spam for Jordan and ADV. That pretty much says it all for me.

I remember back in the E36 days when they were king and gave great service. I didn't have the cash to get their stuff back then. Now I've got the cash, and wouldn't touch their stuff.

My how the mighty have fallen.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."

Last edited by aus; 12-08-2009 at 12:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 03:02 AM   #33
Dannys M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jaguar F Type R

Garage List
2008 M3  [10.00]
I've watched AA closely and their support and development on the 335i tunes was less than acceptable to me, I see a repeat performance.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 03:36 AM   #34
TheKosherStogie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 DCT AW/Red

i dont know AA well, and i hate to talk shit, but i got to say, when this many people on here are saying the same about them, it says something. AA should chime back in. If people were saying something about my company and it wasnt true i would prove it. Otherwise its safe to assume everyone is right
BW C13 - 1:57:2
ACS - 1:49:6
WSIR - 1:30:6
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 09:59 AM   #35
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyrusso View Post
i dont know AA well, and i hate to talk shit, but i got to say, when this many people on here are saying the same about them, it says something. AA should chime back in. If people were saying something about my company and it wasnt true i would prove it. Otherwise its safe to assume everyone is right
They would prefer to whine and get members banned.

And again, I'm someone who always respected AA and wanted to, and did buy their products. But things started going bad with the N54 tune, like Danny said. Now you lose power with the S65 tune (at least the original tune).
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 11:46 AM   #36
powertrip
Rep

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
Hmmm, still no response Omar?? So, I take it that I'll be ignored again ....wow this just speaks volumes about your lack of concern for customers' happiness.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 11:56 AM   #37
Omar@ActiveAutowerke
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrip View Post
If Omar really stands behind their tune he should offer a refund to those who lost power with their tunes (with proof of course). The first thing Powerchip told me was that if I wasn't pleased with my tune that my money would be refunded. How about it OMAR?? Step up man .
What makes your car different from the hundreds of other cars have we done, what about the guys that have provided before and after dyno charts on this forum. The community is supposed to go off of a claim from another vendor trying to compete for a spot. Listen I have known Mike Benvo for a couple years now and this is nothing new to me. I have offered a upgrade at no charge to all customers with our software and hundreds have taken advantage of this, there is obviously a cost to AA but we need to support our product.

Quote:
Hmmm, still no response Omar?? So, I take it that I'll be ignored again ....wow this just speaks volumes about your lack of concern for customers' happiness.
Like I said before, not here to argue with you. Our version 1 software was sold to several hundred cars. I can go through the whole deal of explaining how to dyno the car, etc and how it can be manipulated but I dont feel the need.

As far as supporting customers goes, that is priority on my list. I can always be reached via phone and I reply to everyone via PM or email regardless of time and place. If one or two slip through the cracks or spam I am here 5 days a week.

Our newest updates, version 1.5 have been offered to all customers free of charge. We will continue to offer any upgrades at no cost. We have spent a lot of time with R&D on our E9x M projects and are pleased with what we see.

We have never been one to enter claimed HP 'wars' and will not do that now, IE N54 market. The support is here and it will continue to be here. We had the pleasure of doing a custom tune on King Tut's car and that worked out well.

Active Autowerke has several different fronts that we need to address on a daily basis. I hope you guys can understand this.

If there are any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact me directly via PM or via phone. Thank You.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 12:01 PM   #38
powertrip
Rep

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
So, is that a "NO" to us customers who deserve a refund for your "Bimmerfest Special?" Also, I left you THREE messages, and never got a call back. I'm pretty sure that confirms that I did my part about contacting you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar@ActiveAutowerke View Post
What makes your car different from the hundreds of other cars have we done, what about the guys that have provided before and after dyno charts on this forum. The community is supposed to go off of a claim from another vendor trying to compete for a spot. Listen I have known Mike Benvo for a couple years now and this is nothing new to me. I have offered a upgrade at no charge to all customers with our software and hundreds have taken advantage of this, there is obviously a cost to AA but we need to support our product.

Like I said before, not here to argue with you. Our version 1 software was sold to several hundred cars. I can go through the whole deal of explaining how to dyno the car, etc and how it can be manipulated but I dont feel the need.

As far as supporting customers goes, that is priority on my list. I can always be reached via phone and I reply to everyone via PM or email regardless of time and place. If one or two slip through the cracks or spam I am here 5 days a week.

Our newest updates, version 1.5 have been offered to all customers free of charge. We will continue to offer any upgrades at no cost. We have spent a lot of time with R&D on our E9x M projects and are pleased with what we see.

We have never been one to enter claimed HP 'wars' and will not do that now, IE N54 market. The support is here and it will continue to be here. We had the pleasure of doing a custom tune on King Tut's car and that worked out well.

Active Autowerke has several different fronts that we need to address on a daily basis. I hope you guys can understand this.

If there are any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact me directly via PM or via phone. Thank You.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 12:08 PM   #39
Omar@ActiveAutowerke
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
So, is that a "NO" to us customers who deserve a refund for your "Bimmerfest Special?" Also, I left you THREE messages, and never got a call back. I'm pretty sure that confirms that I did my part about contacting you.
You obviously have it out for me or AA. Myself or our engineering department contact all customers who leave messages.

Powertrip, I am going to spend time debating dyno charts, etc. We have several guys with gains from our software and they have proved it with those charts on the forums.

We have a new upgrade, 1.5 that is also offered at no cost to the consumer. This is software we are talking about, we didnt begin doing this yesterday. We were one of the first on the market for this car and continue to learn different things through our FI program. We never stop working on any of our projects because we are never satisfied. To answer your question, if there is anyone with an issue regardless of version 1 or 1.5, we will support the product until your are satisfied.

On the N54 program we decided to take the safer route and we are still very active with our N54 products.

To come on here making these claims based on another companies 'dyno' run is unfair. Manipulating dyno charts is one of the easiest things to do and is definitely a cheap shot.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 12:51 PM   #40
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You obviously have it out for me or AA. Myself or our engineering department contact all customers who leave messages.

Powertrip, I am going to spend time debating dyno charts, etc. We have several guys with gains from our software and they have proved it with those charts on the forums.

We have a new upgrade, 1.5 that is also offered at no cost to the consumer. This is software we are talking about, we didnt begin doing this yesterday. We were one of the first on the market for this car and continue to learn different things through our FI program. We never stop working on any of our projects because we are never satisfied. To answer your question, if there is anyone with an issue regardless of version 1 or 1.5, we will support the product until your are satisfied.

On the N54 program we decided to take the safer route and we are still very active with our N54 products.

To come on here making these claims based on another companies 'dyno' run is unfair. Manipulating dyno charts is one of the easiest things to do and is definitely a cheap shot.
Ya I'm not sure calling people that got poor results with your software liars is gonna work..
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 12:54 PM   #41
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Honda S2000 TT3

Quote:
Congrats you're the first I've heard of so what were the results? I guess you call him showing the difference between their tune and AA tune cheap shots In other words no one should post their before and after results because it would be a cheap shot toward AA lol.
What I said is this is the wrong place to do it. He made a thread under the illusion of it being about the Houston GB dyno day and then posted two completely unrelated plots. That is a cheap shot. I still have yet to even see the guys from Houston come in this thread or anyone ask questions about the plots. I'm not here to defend AA, and I don't want to continue this argument. I trust AA's tuning ability which is why I used them. If you want to see my results here you go:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316265

You saw the results and posted in my thread by the way. I haven't gotten back to a Dynojet yet though.
2009 BMW M3 Coupe: Sold e92.ridedomain.com
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 01:03 PM   #42
Omar@ActiveAutowerke
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Ya I'm not sure calling people that got poor results with your software liars is gonna work..
Jon,

Never called anyone a liar my friend. This thread seems like it will continue going until i begin to bleed part of the industry i guess... We all dish it out so I can accept it sometimes, just have to clarify what needs to be clarified.

We will continue to support our software and all upgrades through our dealers or through AA directly. Thank you to everyone for your opinions on this matter.

I will gracefully bow out.

Best,
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2009, 01:16 PM   #43
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

hug it out.

I am not a big fan of AA anymore but honestly, a lot of this stuff should be kept to PM or phone.
      12-08-2009, 01:24 PM   #44
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Jon,

Never called anyone a liar my friend. This thread seems like it will continue going until i begin to bleed part of the industry i guess... We all dish it out so I can accept it sometimes, just have to clarify what needs to be clarified.

We will continue to support our software and all upgrades through our dealers or through AA directly. Thank you to everyone for your opinions on this matter.

I will gracefully bow out.

Best,
Well your saying these folks are going based on another companies "manipulated dyno plots" and taking a cheap shot I mean I've been around those guys while tuning a bunch of cars and I've never seen anything to make me think they're shady so it is what is and I guess you're accepting it. But don't think its some kind of conspiracy to damage AA's rep without cause or evidence.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread