BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Wheels and Tires Items

11-29-2018, 08:00 PM   #1
MMMM3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 f80 6mt

Project Kics R40 Racing Nut composite set of nuts and studs

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Super light-weight thin-wall contruction using strong light-weight OEM quality materials.
Oversized and taper seat to ensure best contact.
External drive by popular 17mm hex for easier installation.
Full stud engagement and can accomodate long racing studs.
Reliable and stronger than aluminum racing nuts.
Japan patented (No. 1192260) and USA patent applied.
Lug body produced by Cold-Forged SCM-435 material.
Attached rotating taper-seat made with A7075-T6 aluminum and ultra-hard alumite finish.
Kit contains - 20 Lug Nuts- 4 of which use the special included tool, 1 Wrench Adapter, Classic Black Finish AND 20
Macht Schnell 3" studs

This kit/set was gently used for a few years and does show signs of the anodized finish being worn

$150.00 plus shipping and fees

Attached Images

Last edited by MMMM3; 12-01-2018 at 09:55 AM.. Reason: price
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2018, 11:18 AM   #2
MMMM3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

How about an offer??????
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 10:46 AM   #3
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Studs are a wear item and should be replaced periodically. Depending on use it's every 1 to 2 years. I know this post might frustrate you but I think that's why you aren't getting offers and why you don't see many people trying to sell used studs. It's a safety thing. Mine go in the trash after being used.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 08:50 AM   #4
MMMM3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

If studs are a wear item, then bolts are a wear item.... When was the last time a non-race owner simply replaced bolts, like tires?

Any facts to back up your claim?
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2018, 11:31 AM   #5
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMM3 View Post
If studs are a wear item, then bolts are a wear item.... When was the last time a non-race owner simply replaced bolts, like tires?

Any facts to back up your claim?

This is common knowledge in the track world. There are numerous stories about wheels falling off, or simply studs breaking at the track. Not racing - just track days. Bolts that are removed and reinstalled over time wear out. This isn't a controversial thing. I know you are likely frustrated that I posted. However I wouldn't sell used lugs, studs or bolts to anyone. A recent thread on the topic of studs in link below but I didn't dig to find more. If you search you will find more discussion. The service life depends on type of use, frequency of use, and conditions. A stud used on a pure street car with a few wheel changes certainly isn't as fatigued as that same stud after 50 wheel changes. Another example is a stud used in CA where there is zero salt or chemical exposure would last longer than something used in an environment that has that sort of exposure (resulting in corrosion).

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1100963
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0