BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

03-26-2024, 10:40 PM   #1
charliev68
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw m3

Main Bearings

So I finally finally opened up my Main Bearings, getting ready to take them to WPC for treatment. The Thrust MBs are Glyco, as expected. The rest of the MB shells are unfamiliar, to me. Does anyone know who the maker of them are? I’m not excited to know they are made in Poland!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 05:52 AM   #2
PaulGros
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliev68 View Post
So I finally finally opened up my Main Bearings, getting ready to take them to WPC for treatment. The Thrust MBs are Glyco, as expected. The rest of the MB shells are unfamiliar, to me. Does anyone know who the maker of them are? I’m not excited to know they are made in Poland!
If they are Poland they are very likely Glyco. Don't judge by the country of origin, I'd take Polish Glyco over Glyco manufactured in some other countries any day of the week
Appreciate 2
      03-27-2024, 11:47 AM   #3
PaulGros
Private
Rep

Quote:
As a side note, that logo with the B in a circle is common on all BMW bearings now, regardless of manufacturer. Here's a screen grab of two parts from different manufacturers showing the same marking
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 01:15 PM   #4
charliev68
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw m3

Good thing to know. I thought they started using some “no name” company to start making their bearings!
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 02:43 PM   #5
PaulGros
Private
Rep

Quote:
Good thing to know. I thought they started using some “no name” company to start making their bearings!
Understandable, it confused me to! Not sure if that logo is used on other parts, or just bearings? The pic is a Glyco (right) and MAHLE (left). Neither part has manufacturer markings on them. The Glyco is also from Poland and purchased via BMW, the MAHLE is a preproduction part sample.

I'm only aware of Glyco producing in Poland for OEM, so a fair assumption they are they source for any BMW bearings with that origin.
Appreciate 1