BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

10-29-2009, 05:25 AM   #221
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
Ok guys I haven't read the whole thing, just read the beginning when he first posted and was like WTF?

So... what is this BIG NEWS?

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 06:06 AM   #222
savage.ulm1
Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Giulia Q.

Just few comments today. If I would have known the huge results of my Thread with the high percentual of negative feeling as a feedback, probably I would not have written anything. I apologise with all the people that feel stressed, bored or worried about this possible new. I just wanted to share what I know and what (accept it or not) I can't still share. I was thinking that to share something that to me seemed so interesting would have been a good thing. I repeat it was probably a mistake. I am not telling today that I start to be worried since probably your reaction against me could be terrible after next week I am not worried about this, I am just telling that "really" it could be a good week the next one, for the "real" lovers of Motorsport and expecially for M3 lovers. I am receiving many privat requests by people asking me if they have to sell their car or to renounce to an incoming one. Pls don't ask me details now. I can't reply and like I always wrote I still can't know it the car will be presented officially as I was told. So how can I know if it will be sold or not in Usa? For these guys writing to me...I feel even worse. And let me say that when I replied to one of them (kindly), I didn't get any "thanks". So pls don't write me anymore privatly.I can't help. If something really will arrive soon, I don't think I have to feel responsible for your choices.
Netxt week as I wrote to someone, will be interesting. For your reactions. Against me or congratulating with me (who knows). What I know is that I am not joking but eventually only apologising for my bad idea to share my informations.You could ask me: which info if you don't tell anything? simple: the info that something is coming. No more at the moment.I can't. I hope it is clear that I can't. Pls also don't forget I don't speak my language. So if you feel I speak like a child or like an illiterate, is probably due to the poor English I know. If you prefer I can use my language:-) just joking ok?
I am thinking to share the list of the details I know on 3 November. Just the same day or just before the date the new should be released officially by BMW (they told me 3-4 November for the presse). So still not so far from now...Sorry for all the stress I caused.It was not my intention.
And last thing for today. If nothing will be confirmed feel free to tell me everything, but pls don't start to offend me as an Italian. This will not be tolerated.Only offend me as a person ok? tksThis will be acceptable......
Regards
      10-29-2009, 06:25 AM   #223
x838nwy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: nothing right now...

^ Dude, don't worry about it! On my part, I'm mainly playing aroud - I'm really looking forward to whats' coming (or not).

People will have their views and neither you nor I can stop that. Personally I don't see why if someone happens to think this is bs that they feel they ought to write about it. But that's just me.

IMHO, if this turns out to be just a load of hot air, then it's really no harm to anyone. At least you're kind enough to share whatever it is you think is going to happen.

I'm looking forward to the 3rd... or the 8th anyway
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 06:37 AM   #224
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.ulm1 View Post
Just few comments today. If I would have known the huge results of my Thread with the high percentual of negative feeling as a feedback, probably I would not have written anything.

I just wanted to share what I know and what (accept it or not) I can't still share. I was thinking that to share something that to me seemed so interesting would have been a good thing. I repeat it was probably a mistake.
Savage,

I don't think it was a mistake to share. However, it was a mistake to do so in the way you did, unfortunately. Generally, its best not to mention that you actually know more than you can say. The reason is that doing so serves no purpose, and is sure to get negative reactions. It would be like if someone came up to you and said that they knew you were going to get kicked in the nads today, but they couldn't tell you when or by whom. All that does is cause unneeded anxiety. Well I guess you could stay home and lock yourself in the closet, but then probably the assailant will still find you and kick your balls even harder then, right?

So, what you should have done and should do in the future IMHO is simply say you heard vague rumors of something M3 related, and then ask the forum if they know any more details. This way you don't come off sounding like someone who is just looking for attention (which I know was not your intent), and you don't give the impression that you are just jerking everyone's chain.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 06:49 AM   #225
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Savage, you know my feelings on the matter and I don't have to repeat them on here you know you have my support.

I honestly didn't expected such a reaction from some members of the group, still blows me away their react.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 07:07 AM   #226
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Savage,

I don't think it was a mistake to share. However, it was a mistake to do so in the way you did, unfortunately. Generally, its best not to mention that you actually know more than you can say. The reason is that doing so serves no purpose, and is sure to get negative reactions. It would be like if someone came up to you and said that they knew you were going to get kicked in the nads today, but they couldn't tell you when or by whom. All that does is cause unneeded anxiety. Well I guess you could stay home and lock yourself in the closet, but then probably the assailant will still find you and kick your balls even harder then, right?

So, what you should have done and should do in the future IMHO is simply say you heard vague rumors of something M3 related, and then ask the forum if they know any more details. This way you don't come off sounding like someone who is just looking for attention (which I know was not your intent), and you don't give the impression that you are just jerking everyone's chain.

Cheers
Unfortunately that's how things are in this game, you are told things in confidence and may be told to release this bit of info but leave that bit out for possibly later on.

The truth will come out eventually.

The reaction that Savage received was both uncalled for, I wouldn't be at all surprised if in the future he picks and chooses the people with who he share what he knows, instead of going public.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 07:13 AM   #227
Lemans_Blue_M
Automotive Industry Insider
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lemans Blue M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Savage,

Cheers
+1

Savage,

You seem like a nice guy so I'll offer you some good advice...

The next time you hear something 'top secret' (or what you think is top secret), either throw it out there as a vague rumor no no specific details or acknowledgment that you know more than you are saying, or just keep it to yourself. You have to admit that you completely miscalculated how this was going to play out on the forums. The general public does like to be teased to a certain extent, but the whole "I KNOW ALL THE DETAILS...BUT I M NOT GOING TO TELL YOU" thing isn't going to elicit many favorable or kind words.

I suggest that you take this situation for what it's worth (since you opened this can of worms), and use it as a valuable learning experience for the future.

I think the next time you get a bit of inside information that has not been made public yet (if there is a next time), you'll handle the situation a little better than you did this time around.

As someone who is constant hearing rumors or inside secrets about upcoming (or existing products) from a number of major manufacturers, I can tell you from personal experience that the information should be parsed out very carefully. If there is a source you don't want to reveal (for fear that individual will suffer repercussions from their employer), then just throw it out there under an alias, or lob it out there as a rumor if you want to inform the public for whatever reason. That way, you don't come off looking like a guy who is mocking or teasing people too much, or as mkoesel said, "looking for attention".

If that's not what you were doing here, then you may want to modify your approach to this kind of thing the next time around.

Just a friendly tip.

Take Care.
      10-29-2009, 07:14 AM   #228
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
Unfortunately that's how things are in this game, you are told things in confidence and may be told to release this bit of info but leave that bit out for possibly later on.
Understood footie, but even if so I fully maintain that there is still no reason to share that you know more than you are revealing at any given time.

There is a word for this. We call it tact.

Quote:
The truth will come out eventually.
Exactly. And so there is no need for one to share that they know this truth in advance of that eventuality.

Quote:
The reaction that Savage received was ... uncalled for...
Agreed. However, at the same time it was not unexpected if one keeps track of how these things go. There is a legitimately observable pattern here, and one can choose to circumvent that pattern if one so chooses

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 07:53 AM   #229
turb934
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Street version of M3 GT4
08 E92 Interlagos blue, AFE filter, AA X-Pipe & HFC, AA pulley, AA software V1.5, Eisenmann race, M Performance Steering Wheel II, Pagid RS19's, Stoptech SS brake hoses, RAC RG63 Silver, Motul 600, E93 front & rear stablizer bars, M3 Competition Package Carbon Fiber Rear Lip Spoiler, Vorsteiner GTS3 carbon fiber front bumper & vented hood.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 08:14 AM   #230
savage.ulm1
Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Giulia Q.

lesson understood...

I understood the mistake guys.Really I accept without any problems your concern and suggestions. But I would say the bigger mistake was to use my cultural approach and philosophy , forgetting that I was not writing into an Italian or French Forum where I normally write very often but into an American one. And since I am not American I was not able to guess the reactions. My mistake sorry.
Just to show what I mean let me say that the reactions to similar discussions in those two Countries (very similar between them for historical reasons) were totally different and much more friendly. Here everything seems to turn too seriously. And I created to you problems. I hope not too many...This doesn't mean that you are wrong, pls don't misunderstand also this intention. This means that I am wrong since "I" decided to write in the wrong place for me" and I was not able to perceive what could have been caused by my Thread.....Nothing more.So excuse me ok?
So how to solve First avoiding these mistakes in the future. But since I made the mistake really unintentionally and sure "not thinking" that all this "caos" would have been caused, and since I sure will not be able in the future to protect you from any new mistakes...the only way is simple: "to leave" asap the Forum.. Sure not a big damage I know (before that someone will remember to me...) About the news, don't worry. South will decide when to publish and if to publish them because I will not publish anything more from now.. This is not a child speaking. This a passionate that made the mistake to share something in the wrong place but only for PASSION!!!. A presumptuous passionate because I was not really thinking what my words could create to others. My biggest apologies guys. The lesson is learned. I am sure no one here,will loose the health for my mistake, so the mistake could be condoned right?
South sorry to have putted you on troubles now. You can even not publish anything. Noone will accuse you. The job was mine so if you doesn't feel, let the time tell the true without to imply yourself...
Sorry again guys. I really made a mistake, but honestly the problems in the life are others , right? smile if possible...:-) I am doing the same...To make mistakes is human attitude right?
Regards
      10-29-2009, 08:34 AM   #231
gr8000
Major
Greece
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 - DCT

I say let us try to make something good out of this thread istead of getting back with offensive comments or advise to the OP as to what he should / could have done etc.

Shall we all post what we think this is going to be? Then whoever guesses it gets the pleasure of.... well becoming the winner!

I am kicking off by saying it will be the green / hybrid M3! I said it above, I am repeating / sticking to it again now.
(I hope this is not something that has already been released! )

Anyone else?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 08:59 AM   #232
///FCB
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 GTR

my honest opinion is that I support savage and don't think his post should have created so much negative reactions because there really is nothing negative about what he says and it's understandable if he doesn't want to upset his source by revealing the info...however at the same time I think that since this is a M3 forum, where registered users are M3 owners, BMW customers...who are really into their cars, and since his information apparently is about an M3 and BMW product, then perhaps we could be the priveleged ones to know the information before the entire world will...especially if one of the forum members is the one know could share it and help other forum members, because after all, forums are for people to help eachother on common issues...IMO!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 09:02 AM   #233
x838nwy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: nothing right now...

Like I said before, mate: Flux Capactor.

Or may be it has some groovy green/hybrid tech, which I must admit is more likely. Or perhaps it's less tech but just plain old added hp and reduced weight which will do me just fine...

Whatever it turns out to be, I truly hope the pricing is not stratospheric...
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 09:05 AM   #234
AMOCHOSTO
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: IB BB E90 M3

Quote:
Just few comments today. If I would have known the huge results of my Thread with the high percentual of negative feeling as a feedback, probably I would not have written anything. I apologise with all the people that feel stressed, bored or worried about this possible new. I just wanted to share what I know and what (accept it or not) I can't still share. I was thinking that to share something that to me seemed so interesting would have been a good thing. I repeat it was probably a mistake. I am not telling today that I start to be worried since probably your reaction against me could be terrible after next week I am not worried about this, I am just telling that "really" it could be a good week the next one, for the "real" lovers of Motorsport and expecially for M3 lovers. I am receiving many privat requests by people asking me if they have to sell their car or to renounce to an incoming one. Pls don't ask me details now. I can't reply and like I always wrote I still can't know it the car will be presented officially as I was told. So how can I know if it will be sold or not in Usa? For these guys writing to me...I feel even worse. And let me say that when I replied to one of them (kindly), I didn't get any "thanks". So pls don't write me anymore privatly.I can't help. If something really will arrive soon, I don't think I have to feel responsible for your choices.
Netxt week as I wrote to someone, will be interesting. For your reactions. Against me or congratulating with me (who knows). What I know is that I am not joking but eventually only apologising for my bad idea to share my informations.You could ask me: which info if you don't tell anything? simple: the info that something is coming. No more at the moment.I can't. I hope it is clear that I can't. Pls also don't forget I don't speak my language. So if you feel I speak like a child or like an illiterate, is probably due to the poor English I know. If you prefer I can use my language:-) just joking ok?
I am thinking to share the list of the details I know on 3 November. Just the same day or just before the date the new should be released officially by BMW (they told me 3-4 November for the presse). So still not so far from now...Sorry for all the stress I caused.It was not my intention.
And last thing for today. If nothing will be confirmed feel free to tell me everything, but pls don't start to offend me as an Italian. This will not be tolerated.Only offend me as a person ok? tksThis will be acceptable......
Regards
Savage;

I am sure that most of the people reading this thread appreciate your heads up about potential upcoming information from BMW, but aren't motivated to write some positive feedback. People with nothing but negative to say like to post just so they can feel a little bigger.

I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next week and I thank you for your posts.

Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 09:50 AM   #235
JC919
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: CSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by x838nwy View Post
Right now, i'm guessing flux capacitor...
Traveling into the future would produce a seriously quick lap time.
2002 M5, SSII/Blk and bone stock. In storage back home in TX
2008 M3, AW/Blk 6MT, lots of track stuff SOLD
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 09:58 AM   #236
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
I think some of us will have to rule ourselves out of this competition for one reason or another.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 10:02 AM   #237
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

curious to see where this goes on November 3rd.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 10:04 AM   #238
B.Hallowell
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 E39 M5

I'm going to quote another Italian for you Savage. "It is better to act and regret it than not to act and regret it." Thank you for your post and I await the news eagerly!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 11:30 AM   #239
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

This looks interesting;
http://www.tyresmoke.net/forum/bmw-c...ml#post1447075
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 11:41 AM   #240
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
May I suggest you read between the lines.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 11:47 AM   #241
r53s65e90
United_States
Rep
Drives: r53 s65e90

Quote:
... the bigger mistake was to use my cultural approach and philosophy , forgetting that I was not writing into an Italian or French Forum where I normally write very often but into an American one. And since I am not American I was not able to guess the reactions. My mistake sorry...
Why is it a mistake? No need to be sorry about anything.

What you exercised is called "Free speech" for a reason: You don't need to worry about peoples' reactions. Why do you let them get to you? The nice thing about the US is that you learn to not fear expressing your opinion because of other peoples reactions. I know first hand this is slightly different in your region.

People can say what they want: "Ban this freak", "Delete this thread". [CENSORED] them multiple times.

Already the E60 M5 CSL was one of the rumors in this thread that came out to be true.

Regards.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 11:51 AM   #242
///FCB
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 GTR

its been mentioned, but I think this is what will come..csl or gt4 street

http://www.motoradictos.com/bmw/en-m...-m3-csl-cazado

sorry for the spanish!!
Appreciate 0