BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

BPM

11-29-2019, 10:56 PM   #1
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Video question

Hey guys,

So I have the iPhone 4s media snap in adapter for my 2011 M3 w/CIC & combox. I love that I can watch movies from my 4s on the idrive screen but I recently bought the media adapter for the newer iPhones with lightning connection and it doesn't work the same. I know that there is no longer composite video out on any iPhone post iPhone 5 but is there a video converter built in to any of the new snap ins to facilitate this or does anyone happen to have the newer snap in adapter pin outs? Reason I ask is because my iPhone 10 has waaaaay more space than my 4s for movies as well as it works better with apps on CIC compared to old ass iPhone 4s. Any input would be greatly appreciated.