BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

04-10-2021, 10:08 AM   #23
GTresan
Registered
Rep
Drives: Spec e30

Good talk yesterday! Seriously considering a quick trip to Dallas to test both cars in the area. Can't find the other one you mentioned. Looking.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2021, 11:26 AM   #24
dbyrd
DSC Off!
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 6MT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTresan View Post
Good talk yesterday! Seriously considering a quick trip to Dallas to test both cars in the area. Can't find the other one you mentioned. Looking.
Looking forward to it! Kelsey's car would be a great choice, too.
MCS 1WNR with 600/900 spring rates / Vorshlag camber plates / Apex ARC-8s with MSI studs / Stoptech Trophy ST-60/ST-40 / Cantrell Motorsports Brake Duct Kit / Cobalt Friction XR1, XR2s or PFC-11 pads / UUC Corsa axle-back with Fabspeed HFC and x-pipe / Schroth Quick Fit Pros / HANS Sport II / AA green filter / Coolshirt with large bag / Aim SoloDL with SmartyCam / CSF Radiator
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2021, 03:13 PM   #25
dbyrd
DSC Off!
Rep

Since I posted my number, I've had three individuals asking if I'll take a cashier's check. When I ask them to call me, they all say that they are hearing impaired and refuse to communicate further. Seems like these are scams so sellers beware.

Luckily, I've had several more seemingly legitimate folks express interest.
MCS 1WNR with 600/900 spring rates / Vorshlag camber plates / Apex ARC-8s with MSI studs / Stoptech Trophy ST-60/ST-40 / Cantrell Motorsports Brake Duct Kit / Cobalt Friction XR1, XR2s or PFC-11 pads / UUC Corsa axle-back with Fabspeed HFC and x-pipe / Schroth Quick Fit Pros / HANS Sport II / AA green filter / Coolshirt with large bag / Aim SoloDL with SmartyCam / CSF Radiator

Last edited by dbyrd; 04-13-2021 at 03:19 PM..
Appreciate 1
Kelse921131.50
      04-13-2021, 11:22 PM   #26
SpaceFox007
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbyrd View Post
Since I posted my number, I've had three individuals asking if I'll take a cashier's check. When I ask them to call me, they all say that they are hearing impaired and refuse to communicate further. Seems like these are scams so sellers beware.

Please DM me. Interested.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 10:07 AM   #27
dbyrd
DSC Off!
Rep

It's fine to text me at 214-755-9684. I'm happy to DM or e-mail as well if you prefer.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 01:45 PM   #28
dbyrd
DSC Off!
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFox007 View Post
Quote:

Please DM me. Interested.
DM'd you.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 02:36 PM   #29
janspants11
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 MW/SO F80 M3 / 13 Raptor

How bad is the road drivability with the monoball bearings and stock suspension? I just unloaded my e46 m3 track car because it was unbearable on the street and so I never drove it

Is this something you could daily drive? Beauty of a color combo and the right upgrades.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 06:13 PM   #30
bugg
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3 / '95 993

The car sounds fantastic in the videos. If only it were an E90 - I'd have jumped on this.
Appreciate 1
dbyrd304.00
      04-16-2021, 02:16 PM   #31
dbyrd
DSC Off!
Rep

I have a buyer coming tomorrow to complete the sale. I actually shed a tear yesterday when my wife asked me if I was going to miss the car. I've been in an e9x M3 for the last 12 years. My e90 got me started down the track/racing path.

I'm excited about going to an e36 S54 race car, but I'll miss my e92 terribly. This was a great fucking car!

I'll wait until the sale is final to close out this thread.
Appreciate 3
Kelse921131.50
911r891.00
      04-16-2021, 11:05 PM   #32
dbyrd
DSC Off!
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by janspants11 View Post
How bad is the road drivability with the monoball bearings and stock suspension? I just unloaded my e46 m3 track car because it was unbearable on the street and so I never drove it

Is this something you could daily drive? Beauty of a color combo and the right upgrades.
Very streetable with or without the MCS dampers and stiffer springs.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 09:15 AM   #33
dbyrd
DSC Off!
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by janspants11 View Post

I just reread your question. Even though my car is basically sold, I see a lot of first time forum users asking questions. And you might use this as you continue your searches. The e90 and e92 M3 is a fantastic platform for street, dual-duty and track!

You'll find that this forum has a huge range of threads and topics with many being discussed multiple times over the last 13-14 years. There's a good search engine, but no reason that I can't try to give you the quick and dirty. Everyone has an opinion so you need to test this info yourself to come to your own conclusions. That said, I'm mostly right.

I think one of your questions was about the solid rear subframe bushings. These are big hunkin pieces of aluminum that replace the metal and rubber OEM bushings. You would think that solid metal would create a ton more NVH, but they don't. They just solidify the subframe to the frame. The suspension pieces work even better since some of the slop from the subframe bushings is removed. This is one of the few things BMW should have included in the e9x platform.

Now differential bushings, transmission mounts and motor mounts are a different story. They all can introduce additional NVH. Unless you get very serious about tracking, stick with OEM for these. I updated the diff bushings to a slightly stiffer bushing, but you really can't hear it. Although I enjoy the strong metallic whine of a solid diff bushing, it would drive me (and the wife) crazy on the street.

Stiffer springs may add a stiffer feel, but a good damper, like MCS, can handle this well for street driving. It takes 60 seconds to adjust all four dampers to street settings. All potential buyers that have test driven my car, have commented on the excellent street manners and feel. For street, I'm running 6 clicks from full soft on front and 9 clicks from full soft on rear.

Don't hesitate to forward more questions - even after the car is gone. This forum has been my home for the last 12 years and will continue to be my home. I have learned more from this forum than any other source. I'm sure I'll be back to this platform someday.

Cheers,
Daniel
Appreciate 3
bugg23.50
Kelse921131.50
      04-18-2021, 12:24 PM   #34
bugg
Private
Rep

Quote:
I just reread your question. Even though my car is basically sold, I see a lot of first time forum users asking questions. And you might use this as you continue your searches. The e90 and e92 M3 is a fantastic platform for street, dual-duty and track!

You'll find that this forum has a huge range of threads and topics with many being discussed multiple times over the last 13-14 years. There's a good search engine, but no reason that I can't try to give you the quick and dirty. Everyone has an opinion so you need to test this info yourself to come to your own conclusions. That said, I'm mostly right.

I think one of your questions was about the solid rear subframe bushings. These are big hunkin pieces of aluminum that replace the metal and rubber OEM bushings. You would think that solid metal would create a ton more NVH, but they don't. They just solidify the subframe to the frame. The suspension pieces work even better since some of the slop from the subframe bushings is removed. This is one of the few things BMW should have included in the e9x platform.

Now differential bushings, transmission mounts and motor mounts are a different story. They all can introduce additional NVH. Unless you get very serious about tracking, stick with OEM for these. I updated the diff bushings to a slightly stiffer bushing, but you really can't hear it. Although I enjoy the strong metallic whine of a solid diff bushing, it would drive me (and the wife) crazy on the street.

Stiffer springs may add a stiffer feel, but a good damper, like MCS, can handle this well for street driving. It takes 60 seconds to adjust all four dampers to street settings. All potential buyers that have test driven my car, have commented on the excellent street manners and feel. For street, I'm running 6 clicks from full soft on front and 9 clicks from full soft on rear.

Don't hesitate to forward more questions - even after the car is gone. This forum has been my home for the last 12 years and will continue to be my home. I have learned more from this forum than any other source. I'm sure I'll be back to this platform someday.

Cheers,
Daniel
Appreciate your candid and helpful attitude. I can echo your experiences w/subframe and better dampers from my experience with my 993. The car's not on anything super fancy (Bilstein B16/PSS10) but I'd qualify the ride as definitely stiff but not crashy.

I did find that monoball camber plates increased NVH and made bumps echo through the cabin. In your experience, does this carry over to a more modern platform like the E9X?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 01:05 PM   #35
dbyrd
DSC Off!
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugg View Post
Quote:

Cheers,
Daniel
Appreciate your candid and helpful attitude. I can echo your experiences w/subframe and better dampers from my experience with my 993. The car's not on anything super fancy (Bilstein B16/PSS10) but I'd qualify the ride as definitely stiff but not crashy.

I did find that monoball camber plates increased NVH and made bumps echo through the cabin. In your experience, does this carry over to a more modern platform like the E9X?
The Vorshlag camber plates convey no additional NVH - just as quiet as stock - you hear nothing. I've heard other camber plates are not as quiet. I've seen a few threads about this so maybe search for camber plates and NVH. Go with Vorshlag.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 01:17 PM   #36
dbyrd
DSC Off!
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Cheers,
Daniel

One more thing - I had Vorshlag camber plates on OEM dampers on my e90 M3. I couldn't discern any additional NVH despite what Vorshlag says in the thread below.

Vorshlag Camber Plates & NVH https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1582882
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 02:10 PM   #37
bugg
Private
Rep

Quote:
The Vorshlag camber plates convey no additional NVH - just as quiet as stock - you hear nothing. I've heard other camber plates are not as quiet. I've seen a few threads about this so maybe search for camber plates and NVH. Go with Vorshlag.
Good to know, thanks for the knowledge drop
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2021, 03:25 PM   #38
russiamutha
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F80 M3

Quote:
Good to know, thanks for the knowledge drop
+1 on Vorshlag plates. Had GC and Vorshlag plates on my E36 and E46 - huge difference. Go with Vorshlag plates and don't look back. Also, I drove Daniel's car and immediately ordered a set of Turner monoball arms. No additional NVH but tighter steering.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2021, 08:15 AM   #39
dbyrd
DSC Off!
Rep

Car is sold to buyer near Houston!
Appreciate 2
Kelse921131.50
      04-24-2021, 11:12 AM   #40
J-DubM3///
Rep
Drives: Audi S4

Quote:
Car is sold to buyer near Houston!
Congrats, Daniel. Awesome seller and car—good deal all around.