BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

08-17-2012, 10:58 AM   #89
ILC32
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1993 Porsche RSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzentruber View Post
I recall maybe 5 years ago an instructor flipping or almost flipping his students Z06 at RA, probably totalling it.
I was there that day, and the owner of the Z06 was part of the group I was hanging with. He had done a lot of work on the car over the winter and was looking forward to tracking it with his new engine mods. The instructor flipped the Z06 during the first lap of the day, when he was supposed to be getting a feel for the car to better instruct the car's owner. The instructor gassed it too much, before the PSCs had any heat (it was a cold and blustery day). The car did roll. Fortunately the car had a full cage and no one was hurt.

There has been a significant off with big $ damage just about every time I've been to RA for an event with the BMWCCA. The first time I was there, a guy with a new Elise lost it in the kink, totalling his car. Another time, a dude with a E30 M3 went into the wall.

RA is no joke, and the Windy City chapter (my home chapter) used to go there in April when rain and cold conditions are common.

I haven't been there for a DE since I got the RSA. If I go back, it will be with track insurance.
Appreciate 0