BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications
 
BPM
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-18-2018, 03:09 PM   #111
groovetek
Enlisted Member
11
Rep
49
Posts

Drives: AW E92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by environment2012 View Post
Please refer to this document for several brands of measurement data.
http://wiki.rcollins.org/core/index....5_Rod_Bearings

But I have decided to choose to use H-STD, I have already purchased the delivery.
Clearance is a deep learning, I decided to choose the best-selling H-STD to replace the Rod bearing of the engine.
Haha... And we end back at the very same source data from a single set of H-STDs. Classic.

I hope one of these days one of the workshops here who sells and installs multiple HX-STD and H-STD can measure a few sets each with post some data.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 06:06 PM   #112
Abdul@mpowermotorsports
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
52
Rep
86
Posts


Drives: e39 m5 and e92 m3
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovetek View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by environment2012 View Post
Please refer to this document for several brands of measurement data.
http://wiki.rcollins.org/core/index....5_Rod_Bearings

But I have decided to choose to use H-STD, I have already purchased the delivery.
Clearance is a deep learning, I decided to choose the best-selling H-STD to replace the Rod bearing of the engine.
Haha... And we end back at the very same source data from a single set of H-STDs. Classic.

I hope one of these days one of the workshops here who sells and installs multiple HX-STD and H-STD can measure a few sets each with post some data.
I'll do that. Just give me sometime. Really backed up with my throttle actuator orders.

I'll send you a PM answering your other question.
__________________
"Throttle Actuator Specialist"
https://www.mpowermotorsports.org
Appreciate 1
Majdi18.00

      07-19-2018, 04:54 AM   #113
wingzee
Enlisted Member
wingzee's Avatar
Australia
0
Rep
39
Posts

Drives: 2011 E92 M3 DCT Competition
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdul@mpowermotorsports View Post
I'll do that. Just give me sometime. Really backed up with my throttle actuator orders.

I'll send you a PM answering your other question.
Looking forward to your responses mate. TIA

I been holding back my purchase just to be sure.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2018, 03:31 AM   #114
Helmsman
Brigadier General
Helmsman's Avatar
Sweden
1533
Rep
3,965
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

iTrader: (0)

So had my bearings replaced with ACL HX. Details in the official bearing change thread: https://www.m3post.com/forums/showth...253084&page=34
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2018, 12:35 PM   #115
Helmsman
Brigadier General
Helmsman's Avatar
Sweden
1533
Rep
3,965
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

iTrader: (0)

After a number of cold start after the RB replace I can't help to think the engine runs smoother. Although my shells had very moderate wear hence no metal to metal noise can have been present, the engine run with less tick/noise right from start up. Very nice indeed!
Appreciate 1
      07-24-2018, 12:40 PM   #116
///M Power-Belgium
Major General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
16892
Rep
9,977
Posts

Drives: ///M3-DCT- E92 Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
After a number of cold start after the RB replace I can't help to think the engine runs smoother. Although my shells had very moderate wear hence no metal to metal noise can have been present, the engine run with less tick/noise right from start up. Very nice indeed!
That's really nice
Meanwhile..How's your oil level reading ?
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT software update & Servotronic & coding///Alpine HID Angeleyes///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2018, 01:20 PM   #117
Helmsman
Brigadier General
Helmsman's Avatar
Sweden
1533
Rep
3,965
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
That's really nice
Meanwhile..How's your oil level reading ?
It is a nice feeling Phil, planning to keep your baby you should try it some day...

Haven't done much mileage since coming back from the shop but level stays still for now. At 3/4 with around 9.6 liters onboard (maybe even a tad more, I'll measure the remainings in the bottle later). Again, drained dry for close to 24h so could still make sense without consumption, we have to see.
Appreciate 1
      07-24-2018, 02:43 PM   #118
environment2012
New Member
0
Rep
11
Posts

Drives: 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: TAIWAN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsman View Post
It is a nice feeling Phil, planning to keep your baby you should try it some day...
I am looking forward to your follow-up sharing, thank you
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2018, 09:21 PM   #119
Honda
Major
Honda's Avatar
178
Rep
1,295
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: US

iTrader: (22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by environment2012 View Post
I am looking forward to your follow-up sharing, thank you
Did you end up installing the H-STD ?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2018, 09:34 PM   #120
environment2012
New Member
0
Rep
11
Posts

Drives: 2012 E92 M3
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: TAIWAN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by environment2012 View Post
I am looking forward to your follow-up sharing, thank you
Did you end up installing the H-STD ?
At present, it is more inclined to install H-STD, but since it is waiting for ARP bolts, H-STD or HX-STD can also be changed!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:46 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST