BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-27-2008, 04:59 AM   #23
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SydneyM3Pom View Post
I don't think I'd ever say that any of the three Civic Type-R's (one of each generation) and the Integra Type R I've owned were short on passion...
I am not saying that the Civic Type-R in all it's forms were without passion but their passion is not the same as one expect to be in a supercar. The NSX as a car was technical brilliant but you couldn't say it was in the same leagues of a Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini etc, when it came to passion. The same thing can be leveled at the Veyron and for the same reason, in making it so easy to drive it's lost that element of excitement/passion.

Whether the new one will be different will have to be seen but I somehow doubt a leopard can change it's spots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEllis
You believe the GTR has passion? Most of what I have read refer to it as an instrument of speed but nothing more. I think an NA NSX with the abilities of the GTR is going to have passion....just me though
You are quite right to high light this mistake of mine, sadly it's a problem with all Japanese Supercars, technically brilliant but soulless with it.

P.S.
Out of interest, without knowing what the others will drive like but basing on who the companies are and pass experience which out of the GTR, NSX Mk2 and LA-F would you lot prefer to own?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2008, 09:41 AM   #24
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

Generally speaking (there are exceptions) Japanese cars are not quite as exciting to drive as German cars. And German cars are not quite as exciting as the Italian supercars. But to each his own.

There have been plenty of Japanese performance cars that were pretty exciting: Supra Turbo, 300ZX, WRX STI, Evo, NSX and now we have GTR, ISF and maybe soon a new NSX. They try to make these cars perfect and that is a laudable achievement. They don't give the driver the same enjoyment as some of the best (or even not so best) German cars. But they are far from soul-less. I'd take an M car or Porsche, Audi, VW, or MB over any of these Japanese cars. But I'd still take the Japanese cars over American cars.
      06-27-2008, 03:40 PM   #25
GnokGnik
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i, 997 C2S

I loved my old NSX. Weight is more important to the feel of a car than dyno numbers IMO.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2008, 03:57 PM   #26
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRDHNTR View Post
Why do people like being called T Bone? I have a friend we call T Bone, but that's only because he "T Boned" a jeep which totaled his STi. So for him it has a negative conotation.

I love the steak....no other reason. A little Montreal Steak Spice.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersin View Post
Generally speaking (there are exceptions) Japanese cars are not quite as exciting to drive as German cars. And German cars are not quite as exciting as the Italian supercars. But to each his own.

There have been plenty of Japanese performance cars that were pretty exciting: Supra Turbo, 300ZX, WRX STI, Evo, NSX and now we have GTR, ISF and maybe soon a new NSX. They try to make these cars perfect and that is a laudable achievement. They don't give the driver the same enjoyment as some of the best (or even not so best) German cars. But they are far from soul-less. I'd take an M car or Porsche, Audi, VW, or MB over any of these Japanese cars. But I'd still take the Japanese cars over American cars.

My 1999 Integra Type R had soul...the only Japanese car that I have ever owned.
      06-27-2008, 04:03 PM   #27
!Xoible
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersin View Post

something u'd hear on tv or radio. i dont think u have driven enough japanese cars to conclude that
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2008, 11:16 PM   #28
Dascamel
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 M3, 2010 e91 328i

"My 1999 Integra Type R had soul...the only Japanese car that I have ever owned."

I miss Integras also, dont see many around anymore.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2008, 12:28 AM   #29
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

They have some work to do. 11 seconds of work to do.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2008, 02:28 PM   #30
Greenspotpop
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Manual M3 and Manual Gallardo

Found this on another forum:

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2008, 03:43 PM   #31
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States