BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

EXXEL Distributions

05-04-2020, 03:40 PM   #23
New2Roundel
Captain
Rep
Drives: Some fun stuff

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46zhpbmw View Post
Disclaimer: I NEVER track my cars, they would be used occasionally and i drive pretty reserved at this point in my life. what would you guys say are the plus pooints of each platform and from a realistic standpoint convince me to get the e92.
Why would you want either car if you're just going to cruise around town every once in a while? If you're not going to push the cars---they were both designed for more aggressive driving---you're not getting your money's worth IMO.

Personally, I'd look for a e92 335is or any of the subsequent 340/440 models. I think those cars will be way more enjoyable for how you plan on driving. Or perhaps a non-comp version of the M2?

Edit: Just read that you bought the m3. Good luck with it.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 01:23 AM   #24
Peertwelve
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Silverstone E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [3.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46zhpbmw View Post
Hey guys,

Have been reading a lot on this forum for many years. Decided to make an account so i could pose a question to all of you. I ALSO KNOW that this topic has been discussed on this very forum and on youtube etc since time Immemorial. I am asking you to help me make a decision.

A little background: I come from a long line of BImmers, e46m3 (2 of them) a few daily e90's and currently daily a e90 328xi. With that said I am asking you guys your opinion on the comparison of these two cars. I have saved enough money to own one in the near future and am currently comparing a 2011 e92 m3 comp package, white on red interior. Approx 100 000km for $27k ish. OTOH 2013 Audi rs5 white, bang olufsen all the bits etc.. approx 32k

I know the weak points of both cars and i would address them as soon as i purchase the car (e92, rod bearings) (rs5, carbon buildup)

I Know this is a lengthy first post and understand that i am on an m3 forum. I have driven many e90 m3's hwoever have not driven the RS5.

Disclaimer: I NEVER track my cars, they would be used occasionally and i drive pretty reserved at this point in my life. what would you guys say are the plus pooints of each platform and from a realistic standpoint convince me to get the e92.

thanks in advance . Cheers
I went from a tuned 335 to a brand new 2013 S4. The s4 was comfortable but not special. I immediately regretted getting rid of the 335. S4 pushed badly on the track and in general felt numb. Traded the S4 for an E92 M3 and fell back in love with driving. The M feels alive. It communicates, and still feels special 5 years later. I've never had a better car, and if I had to replace it today I would find another just like it. Strongly suggest you go drive the cars and the decision will be easily made. Good luck with the search and have fun on the journey!

Sold- 2011 335i Sedan | 6MT | Wavetrac | Eibach Pro | CDV delete | Cobb | BSW
Sudden death - 1970 BMW 2002
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 05:57 AM   #25
anerbe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Red E90M 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peertwelve View Post
I went from a tuned 335 to a brand new 2013 S4. The s4 was comfortable but not special. I immediately regretted getting rid of the 335. S4 pushed badly on the track and in general felt numb. Traded the S4 for an E92 M3 and fell back in love with driving. The M feels alive. It communicates, and still feels special 5 years later. I've never had a better car, and if I had to replace it today I would find another just like it. Strongly suggest you go drive the cars and the decision will be easily made. Good luck with the search and have fun on the journey!
Did the same journey, and had the same feelings. Only thing I miss of the s4 was the winter traction.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2021, 11:39 AM   #26
blueliner
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 6MT - All black everything

I couldn't decide... so yeah, this happened. The M3 is garaged in the winter.

For anyone considering the two, I'll boil it down. In my humble opinion, the M3 wins everywhere except in looks... which I know is debatable but both are very beautiful cars.

The M3 feels much more exciting and engaging to drive - especially with the 6MT and no nav.

The RS5 is more "cushy" overall and has a lot more bells and whistles than I'd prefer (lane departure warning, front and rear parking sensors, DSG gearbox) and I just don't like the Audi MMI/interface. It's too complicated.

To really have some fun in both cars though you have to push them hard which is hard to do on regular roads with any traffic. I don't do track stuff and I feel like both of these cars are "too much car" most of the time - I have had fun tossing around a 5MT 2.5L VW Passat with a short throw shifter and a tune/intake.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
akkando5860.00
dparm3848.00
joe6mt65.00
      06-29-2021, 09:01 AM   #27
MPizza
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueliner View Post
M3 wins everywhere except in looks...

how dare you!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2021, 05:39 PM   #28
zhangzheng
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 MB C63 507

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueliner View Post
I couldn't decide... so yeah, this happened. The M3 is garaged in the winter.

For anyone considering the two, I'll boil it down. In my humble opinion, the M3 wins everywhere except in looks... which I know is debatable but both are very beautiful cars.

The M3 feels much more exciting and engaging to drive - especially with the 6MT and no nav.

The RS5 is more "cushy" overall and has a lot more bells and whistles than I'd prefer (lane departure warning, front and rear parking sensors, DSG gearbox) and I just don't like the Audi MMI/interface. It's too complicated.

To really have some fun in both cars though you have to push them hard which is hard to do on regular roads with any traffic. I don't do track stuff and I feel like both of these cars are "too much car" most of the time - I have had fun tossing around a 5MT 2.5L VW Passat with a short throw shifter and a tune/intake.
unfortunate i can't get both right now.. looking at an 2011 e92 and a 2014 rs5

i should be picking one or the other before the end of july
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2021, 06:35 PM   #29
blueliner
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 6MT - All black everything

zhangzheng - what did you end up with? I am considering selling my RS5 to the right buyer, it's currently listed on audizine in the classifieds.

Pizza - Yes, I know. I made sure the car couldn't see the computer when I typed that. I wouldn't want it throwing a rod bearing at me in a fit of rage.

Last edited by blueliner; 07-22-2021 at 06:42 PM..
Appreciate 0