BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

11-10-2013, 08:57 PM   #1
Lucrecio84
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: TTE92 m3/ F10 CP M5

Vibration after X-pipe install

Just got my Dinan X-pipe installed and the second I drove it away after install, I noticed a weird vibration the with clutch pedal when I turn the steering wheel… Almost like you can feel the power steering pump working through the pedal. Is this normal???
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2013, 04:30 AM   #2
ZEEM3R
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Jaguar F-Type S AWD

I would say no its not but something similar happened to me too just last week. I had fabspeed x pipes put in but turns out the shop that did totally messed up. some brackets were either missing or loose -___- the most annoying vibration was coming from the car so I took it to my BMW dealer. they told me its the x pipe so I had them put it in correctly and now the cars running great. So you might wanna have the install checked out.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2013, 09:21 AM   #3
Imran@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: All of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucrecio84 View Post
Just got my Dinan X-pipe installed and the second I drove it away after install, I noticed a weird vibration the with clutch pedal when I turn the steering wheel… Almost like you can feel the power steering pump working through the pedal. Is this normal???
Definitely not normal. I would ask your installer to check it for you.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2013, 11:06 PM   #4
BimmerRob08
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3, Space Gray

The installers should have not messed with anything else but what is probable is that for one, they did a lazy shit job for sure, I'm guessing. Either a bracket was left off, or loose or the heat shield under the transmission is making contact with the x-pipe and so the vibration is transfered in a way that you're feeling it in the cluch pedal, which is very strange.

I installed my Encore X-pipe but I had access to a lift. I had some trimming and modifying of the heat shield of the tranny to do eitherwise it would have made contact with the x-pipe. There have been a few times, actually not long ago, I start getting a vibration clearly from the exhaust at lower rpms and it was one of the C-clamps that connect the rear section of the x-pipe to the exhaust mufflers tubing. jacked up the car, got underneath it and shook the pipes around till I found it, retorqued and good to go.

They did a crap job I'm sure, try to get in there with them to look, if they'll let you or take it to your dealer and they'll probebly fix it, but may charge you.

Good luck. Sometimes these jobs just need to be done by you if you want it done right the first time.
Appreciate 0