BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

04-13-2020, 12:57 PM   #1
jester3653
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 Convertible

Comfort Access at Drivers Door

Hey Folks -

New user, new M3 owner here having just picked up a 2013 M3 Convertible about a month ago.

Question I wanted to pose here is an issue with Comfort Access at the Drivers door. The car came with one key fob. That key fob works at the passenger door for CA. Meaning, I can walk up to the passenger door and grab the handle and the door will unlock and I can open it. I can also touch the pad on the handle and lock the doors back on the passenger side.

However, I cannot do any of this on the Drivers side. I have to lock/unlock manually with the key fob. But, when I do get in the car I can start the car without having to put the fob in the port.

To me, this sounds like something is wrong with the door handle itself. I was planning to figure out how to remove the interior door panel so I can poke around on the inside of the door handle to ensure there is not a wiring issue or something unplugged, perhaps.

I was curious if this was a coding issue, but given the key fob works on the passenger door seems to shoot that down in my mind and point to maybe more of a drivers door handle issue.

I did get a second key fob for the car and I understand the CA feature has to be programmed for that new fob. That's a bummer I suppose.

Appreciate any thoughts anyone has on the drivers door issue.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 06:03 PM   #2
mapster37
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

pretty common issue for the CA door handles to stop working. You can remove the outer handle without taking off the door panel, pretty easy, search the forums for more info....
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2020, 07:45 PM   #3
nycplumber
Major
Rep
Drives: slow

The sensor goes bad. Open it up to see if theres water damage corrosion that can be cleaned. If not find a used one on eBay and switch the insides out because depending on your paint color it could be hard to find yours. This one is cheap https://www.ebay.com/itm/06-13-OEM-B...0AAOSws~NeZ2-m
Appreciate 0