BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

09-06-2018, 05:54 PM   #89
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Post View Post

There is so much wrong with the above situation i.e. law abiding citizens or tourists needing to modify their behavior to mitigate chronic crime. You'd figure the mayor would put and end to the crime -> rather than spend public taxes on street signs. Why would the SF mayor not take decisive action to stop chronic car break-ins? Because drug addicts need a source of income (by stealing from law abiding citizens and tourists). In this way the SF mayor can keep his social welfare experiment costs lower (the city budget) except for the cost of a few road signs. Hence, the car break-ins will continue. According to Scrippy -> 85 in one night.
There is definitely city action on car break ins. Increased patrols, more plainclothes police, even seeding trap cars to try to catch thieves. The problem is, you can't have a officer on every street corner to watch for break ins. These guys aren't just some random homeless guy coming up and smashing your window. They are organized.

Most of the criminals are not from San Francisco - they come from the surrounding suburban cities and areas. They drive around in cars (with no plates) to scope out targets - usually in touristy areas. They can smash, grab and run within seconds with a driver, a look out and the person making the grab.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/news/art...e-12545144.php
      10-12-2018, 10:14 PM   #90
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
So I got my car back from the auto body shop today!!!!! So pumped to be dent free again! I now carry Lipton ice tea bottles in my glovebox for retaliation lol. Jk I'm not a douche!