BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-18-2018, 11:39 AM   #23
ByeFelicia
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

https://jalopnik.com/two-suspects-ar...out-1822188305

Don't drop the soap
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2018, 11:50 AM   #24
Raek
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3, '17 Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by carenthuziast View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufel_Hunden View Post
"Lopez is accused of tricking out his car with a device that covers his rear license plate at the push of a button."

Lame-ass James Bond shit. LOL!
Apparently the C63 was the lead car for a pack of high powered cars as part of a car club going through manhattan. I saw a few in the background, but wondering what else was there.

BTW, I don't believe the C63 was "drifting" as the article states. It was just trying to avoid the officer who stepped in front of the car.

It just reminds me of that scene in Tokyo Drift where the car drifted around a curve packed with pedestrians.
Huh? He had already stopped doing a one wheel peel by the time he tried to move through the cop.

He wasn't trying to be polite and go around.
      01-18-2018, 11:55 AM   #25
DSilk
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Coupe

Garage List
2015 Jaguar XJ  [0.00]
2015 Jaguar XF  [0.00]
2014 VW GTI  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2007 VW Passat 2.0T  [0.00]
And when all is said and done the ticket would have been far cheaper than the repairs necessitated by him crashing into numerous cars in his bid to escape, even if that bid had been successful. His attorneys' fees will outstrip the value of his C63, and the video evidence will be hard to dispute.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2018, 11:58 AM   #26
GRUESOM3
Major
Rep
Drives: 3 NA cars and 1 Turbo car

My thing is these guys are gonna get punished but also the rest of us car guys are gonna get harassed for stupid stuff like exhaust and tints. Have you seen the other story of a guy being followed home and arrested because they thought it was him and gave him exhaust and tint tickets. Now that's messed up.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.3762858
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2018, 12:33 PM   #27
HadesM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Pair of e90's

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUESOM3 View Post
My thing is these guys are gonna get punished but also the rest of us car guys are gonna get harassed for stupid stuff like exhaust and tints. Have you seen the other story of a guy being followed home and arrested because they thought it was him and gave him exhaust and tint tickets. Now that's messed up.

That was lame! They should have admitted they made a mistake versus issuing a citation to cover their butts.

Just glad those two stupid fools were arrested. Hopefully they go to prison for a long time. From what I read they are criminals and were headed their eventually.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2018, 01:09 PM   #28
carenthuziast
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 E93 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieM3 View Post
That was lame! They should have admitted they made a mistake versus issuing a citation to cover their butts.

Just glad those two stupid fools were arrested. Hopefully they go to prison for a long time. From what I read they are criminals and were headed their eventually.
LOL!

Apparently the 20 yo was driving the 24 yo's car. How will they ever get car insurance after they complete their jail sentence!
      01-18-2018, 01:10 PM   #29
carenthuziast
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 E93 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUESOM3 View Post

That sounds dumb unless this guy they followed had tremendous damage on both sides of his car!
      01-18-2018, 01:33 PM   #30
HadesM3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Pair of e90's

Quote:
Originally Posted by carenthuziast View Post
LOL!

Apparently the 20 yo was driving the 24 yo's car. How will they ever get car insurance after they complete their jail sentence!
They could call the General!
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2018, 01:56 PM   #31
Shredicus
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieM3 View Post
They could call the General!
For a great low rate you can get online...
Appreciate 1
HadesM3134.50
      01-19-2018, 04:02 AM   #32
loveskiing
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E90

Thanks a lot! Because of these two A-holes, I might have to get rid of that special device that I installed that covers my plates when I push a button. At least the oil slick button, fog machine, dual machine gun turrets and passenger ejector seat are all still OK...
Appreciate 2
BOOF-M34450.00
ItsGary1457.50
      01-19-2018, 07:29 AM   #33
jcruiz73
Private
Rep
Drives: 328i Couple Sports PKG

Garage List
2011 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raek View Post
This is what happens when high-horsepower cars start getting cheap. Shame what's happening to our E92s.

Kids pick these things up now when they should still be acting like idiots in Civics...
The cars don't pick the drivers. These are two idiots who will be tried as an adult and will go to jail for resisting arrest and using a vehicle as a weapon, and im sure a few more charges.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2018, 08:37 AM   #34
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

I haven't read the charges but is attempted vehicular manslaughter on a police officer one of them? If so then ouch!!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2018, 08:14 PM   #35
importraceram
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
This is what happens when high-horsepower cars start getting cheap. Shame what's happening to our E92s.

Kids pick these things up now when they should still be acting like idiots in Civics...
I've seen similar comments on various threads from this guy. Are you just mad because you paid $65k for a car that someone is now owning for $25k?

Depreciation is a great thing. I'm sure there are many people on this forum, as well as other car forums, that would not be driving what they are driving if it wasn't for depreciation. But keep assuming that a younger enthusiast is irresponsible, reckless, and incapable of owning such a beautiful car.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2018, 08:36 PM   #36
Raek
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by importraceram View Post
I've seen similar comments on various threads from this guy. Are you just mad because you paid $65k for a car that someone is now owning for $25k?

Depreciation is a great thing. I'm sure there are many people on this forum, as well as other car forums, that would not be driving what they are driving if it wasn't for depreciation. But keep assuming that a younger enthusiast is irresponsible, reckless, and incapable of owning such a beautiful car.
A C63 with an open diff isn't the most beautiful of cars, cutie. Nor is the E92M. It's a cool car...but, hardly beautiful.

Anyway, it's not necessarily the monetary value of the car as it is the fact that a 20 year old *in most cases* isn't really that cultured behind the wheel. Keep in mind the fact that *in most cases* a 20 year old is still in that territory where they feel the need to prove things.

The fact that this kid has been doing this around other parts of the city proves that. As do plenty of videos of young kids in relatively high-horsepower RWD cars that have reputations.

My first car was a $100 VW Fox when I was 15. It was slow, broke a lot, and didn't have ANY reputation...but, it taught me how to turn a wrench and how to climb a ladder (which has in no way reached the top).

Now, are there instances in which a 20 year old kid has patience, responsibility and the respect to not want to show off at all times while admiring and appreciating what they drive? Sure...

...but...um...kids are eating Tide Pods...so, yeah.
      01-19-2018, 08:42 PM   #37
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
A C63 with an open diff isn't the most beautiful of cars, cutie. Nor is the E92M. It's a cool car...but, hardly beautiful.

Anyway, it's not necessarily the monetary value of the car as it is the fact that a 20 year old *in most cases* isn't really that cultured behind the wheel. Keep in mind the fact that *in most cases* a 20 year old is still in that territory where they feel the need to prove things.

The fact that this kid has been doing this around other parts of the city proves that. As do plenty of videos of young kids in relatively high-horsepower RWD cars that have reputations.

My first car was a $100 VW Fox when I was 15. It was slow, broke a lot, and didn't have ANY reputation...but, it taught me how to turn a wrench and how to climb a ladder (which has in no way reached the top).

Now, are there instances in which a 20 year old kid has patience, responsibility and the respect to not want to show off at all times while admiring and appreciating what they drive? Sure...

...but...um...kids are eating Tide Pods...so, yeah.
I'm 20, I have the patience and all that. I prefer not to show off as I don't feel comfortable doing dumb things besides maybe speed at times in a straight way with no traffic.
      01-19-2018, 08:46 PM   #38
Raek
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsGary View Post
I'm 20, I have the patience and all that. I prefer not to show off as I don't feel comfortable doing dumb things besides maybe speed at times in a straight way with no traffic.
Good deal. With forums more or less losing popularity, it would make sense that most younger people that take the time to read and learn about the cars they drive would be responsible.

However, just like the rod bearing issue, there's a lot of owners out there that aren't on these forums that bought the car because it's lit.

*I also see you did the M3 stripes on your grill, so technically you're 40 j/k
      01-19-2018, 08:49 PM   #39
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Good deal. With forums more or less losing popularity, it would make sense that most younger people that take the time to read and learn about the cars they drive would be responsible.

However, just like the rod bearing issue, there's a lot of owners out there that aren't on these forums that bought the car because it's lit.

*I also see you did the M3 stripes on your grill, so technically you're 40 j/k
Sounds like my friend who has an E92 haha.

I enjoy reading everything on here, owners range from Daily Drivers to Track stars, and a little bit of both.
BOOF-M34450.00
      01-19-2018, 08:50 PM   #40
Raek
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOF-M3 View Post
I haven't read the charges but is attempted vehicular manslaughter on a police officer one of them? If so then ouch!!
Yessir. There's a whole list of charges being thrown at them. I doubt that an attempted homicide type of charge would stick, but it's good for a plea bargain to get them to agree to the "lesser" crimes.

I see a couple of years in jail, no license like...ever, and a lot of probation/community service/etc. Our jails are too crowded up here to keep them in for the sentence they deserve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsGary View Post
Sounds like my friend who has an E92 haha.

I enjoy reading everything on here, owners range from Daily Drivers to Track stars, and a little bit of both.
Forums have gotten me out of so many sticky situations. I owe my life to vwvortex, haha...
ItsGary1457.50
      01-19-2018, 08:59 PM   #41
W Cole
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

That guy in the amg is 100% certified idiot but what was that cop thinking putting his life on the line jumping in front of the car like that. It almost looks like the cop was trying to push back at the car like he thought he could somehow stop it?

Get the plates and arrest him later.. not worth your life or those of the surrounding public when he tries to get away. Dangerous situation getting worse. And then he draws his weapon and tries to run him down on foot? What’s the plan? Shoot and kill him while he’s driving away while raining bullets on the surrounding crowd?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2018, 09:58 PM   #42
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Personally I don't question the police, right or wrong. If they tell me to "pull over" I say "yessir", he says "give me ten push ups", I ask "one handed or finger tips sir".

And Raek, you mad that your bagger is only worth $25k? Lol, then I'm mad that my E93 is only worth $23k.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2018, 10:38 PM   #43
Raek
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Personally I don't question the police, right or wrong. If they tell me to "pull over" I say "yessir", he says "give me ten push ups", I ask "one handed or finger tips sir".

And Raek, you mad that your bagger is only worth $25k? Lol, then I'm mad that my E93 is only worth $23k.
Yeah. It's one of those "oh, you have an opinion I don't agree with, you must be mad" things, haha...
      01-20-2018, 02:08 PM   #44
xander_g
Major
Rep
Drives: G30 M550i

Garage List
Quote:
No such thing as attempted manslaughter, it can either be voluntary or involuntary and generally means taking a life without intent, thus making the word "attempted" incompatible.
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34450.00