BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

BPM

02-06-2013, 05:43 AM   #1
NasHH
Private
Rep
Drives: e93 M3

Oem exhaust mod review

I went to Mikes Muffler in El Monte months ago and told him about the exhaust mod, he did a 335 before but never touched an m3.
Mike is a really cool dude, I showed him the pictures and told him how to do it and said I could go anytime and he would do it.

I went yesterday to drop off my muffler for him to work on it, they did a really good job on the whole thing, I would recommend this shop (my body shop even recommended me to Mikes Muffler) to anybody who want to do the oem exhaust mod locally.

I took my car to his shop to install it back for me since I felt like driving my car to his shop with no exhaust (was extremely loud lol) and I wanted him to listen to the exhaust he modded. All I can say is.. Wow this is the best and cheapest mod you can do for your car. I can really hear the v8 roar.

What's funny is I got a lot more head turns from my exhaust mod then when I was driving with no exhaust on lol.

The one thing I really like is that I found out its impossible to weld the bottom of the pipes together unless you open up both top and bottom part of the exhaust, and other places want to charge you extra/won't weld the bottom and leave a gap in the pipes if it isint flush, but mike did it with no extra charge.

Last edited by NasHH; 02-06-2013 at 05:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 02:46 PM   #2
spr
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3; e92 ESS650+ M3

Glad you like it. I heard this is the one that creates the annoying drone and is a bit too loud.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 03:27 PM   #3
NasHH
Private
Rep

Honestly, when I drive I always shift at 2 rpm and try and drive under 2 rpm. When I do, I can't even really hear my exhaust at all. You can really control it, but when you drive on the highway then yeah there is a bit drone but with music on you can't even tell.

What I like about the exhaust is just the fact that I can control how loud I want it, and it really screams just at 3 rpm, but at 2 it's not even noticeable in the car. But to each his own I suppose, I love the exhaust for the price.

In my opinion all v8's need a roaring sound, and that's what my muffler shop created!
      02-18-2013, 11:26 PM   #4
dreamspeed
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT

Nice! I've been wanting to do this mod and was wondering if mike could do it. He was the first person I thought of when I read about the mod. He did some work for me back in the days. Btw can you PM me how much you paid for this? Was it the straight through mod or replacing the middle perforated pipes
      02-19-2013, 05:10 PM   #5
NasHH
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamspeed View Post
Nice! I've been wanting to do this mod and was wondering if mike could do it. He was the first person I thought of when I read about the mod. He did some work for me back in the days. Btw can you PM me how much you paid for this? Was it the straight through mod or replacing the middle perforated pipes
Pm'd