BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Mporium BMW

11-05-2011, 03:57 PM   #375
alms211
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by erio View Post
No dick swinging here, but you have no clue what kind of cars I currently have or have had in the past. Don't assume. We don't all list everything we drive.

You are defining supercar by it's price tag. One example:

The Power Board

1:15.1 - Ariel Atom V8 500
1:16.2 - McLaren MP4-12C
1:16.5 - Lamborghini Aventador
1:16.8 - Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
1:17.1 - Gumpert Apollo S
1:17.3 - Ascari A10
1:17.6 - Koenigsegg CCX (with Top Gear Wing)
1:17.7 - Noble M600 (cold)
1:17.8 - Nissan GT-R (2012)
1:17.8 - Pagani Zonda Roadster F
1:17.9 - Caterham Seven Superlight R500 (cold)
1:18.3 - Bugatti Veyron 16.4
1:18.4 - Pagani Zonda F
1:18.9 - Maserati MC12
1:19.0 - Lamborghini Murciélago LP670-4 SuperVeloce
1:19.0 - Enzo Ferrari
1:19.1 - Ferrari 458 Italia
1:19.5 - Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4
1:19.5 - Porsche 997 GT2
1:19.5 - Ariel Atom 2 300

video: http://bcove.me/i0dd6r06

Edit: I see you edited your post after this was posted. Good one.
edited what post?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 04:01 PM   #376
alms211
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 997GT3 View Post
This argument has degenerated into sematics.
Everyone seems to have a different definition of what a "supercar" is.
Frankly if the GTR isn't one then a Gallardo, LFA and a 458 aren't either.
Sorry man....a GT-R is not in the same league from an exotic standpoint as a Lambo or Ferrari. Performance? yes......exotic intangibles? not even close.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 04:02 PM   #377
erio
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 JB M3, 2012 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
That's right...it is just a Nissan and the M3 is just a BMW.........neither one of them is something to go swinging your dick about. Go buy an exotic, then swing your dick. And don't be one of those that throw out solely performance numbers. You really think the guy driving the F430 Ferrari, the Gallardo Superleggera, the LP560, the Porsche GT2 gives two shits if a Nissan beats him in a race? They don't and they shouldn't because they all have a better car. End of story
Quote:
edited what post?
First one above. It doesn't show "edited" if the editing was done soon after the origninal post. It was edited to include those cars that are included on the Top Gear list.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 04:03 PM   #378
alms211
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I think they give a sh*$...at least a little bit . It's part of the reason why a lot of "those" same people also own GTRs. You threw out brand names so I threw out some numbers.
Those that do own both most certainly do..and they are few and far between. Those that don't, don't give a shit. Otherwise, they'd own one.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 04:06 PM   #379
erio
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Those that do own both most certainly do..and they are few and far between. Those that don't, don't give a shit. Otherwise, they'd own one.
They are not few and far between by a long shot . Have a good look over on Nagtroc and maybe that will enlighten you.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 04:25 PM   #380
alms211
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
They are not few and far between by a long shot . Have a good look over on Nagtroc and maybe that will enlighten you.
Go to Ferrari chat and see how they destroy the car. In case ya didn't know...most people that own real supercars (and I know about 20 personally) and about 5 of them are on car forums and not a single one owns a GTR. Sorry man, there are not that many. It may seem that way when you look at something like Nagtroc. Hardly an indication of those that own both.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 04:44 PM   #381
erio
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Go to Ferrari chat and see how they destroy the car. In case ya didn't know...most people that own real supercars (and I know about 20 personally) and about 5 of them are on car forums and not a single one owns a GTR. Sorry man, there are not that many. It may seem that way when you look at something like Nagtroc. Hardly an indication of those that own both.
I honestly think it depends on the particular subset demographic of owners you are talking about. The GTR tends to draw a younger crowd and newer money. Many dedicated/diehard Ferrari and Lambo owners are an older group that are often less open minded and more on the snooty side so to speak. They wouldn't be caught dead in a "Nissan." I could care less. I own a few cars myself and have friends who are also heavy car enthusiasts, but I'm not on here to advertise myself (or swing a dick as you call it).

Last edited by erio; 11-05-2011 at 05:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 05:08 PM   #382
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFX View Post
While the GT-R may have super car numbers, it is NOT a SUPERCAR.

Sorry buddy.
+1
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 05:25 PM   #383
mattixxg
MKIV
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Sorry man....a GT-R is not in the same league from an exotic standpoint as a Lambo or Ferrari. Performance? yes......exotic intangibles? not even close.
You sort of contradicted yourself there....

Quote:
Quote:
I dunno...from my personal experience and I live in SoCal, and on NAGTROC, like it was said before, they also own other exotics. Maybe where youre from its far and few in between, but MD doesnt encompass the entire planet..especially SoCal.

BTW would love for you to link me to ferrari chat destroying the car..im assuming on the fact that its a nissan correct? Or is it performance?

Quote:
I honestly think it depends on the particular subset demographic of owners you are talking about. The GTR tends to draw a younger crowd and newer money. Many dedicated/diehard Ferrari and Lambo owners are an older group that are often less open minded and more on the snooty side so to speak. They wouldn't be caught dead in a "Nissan." I could care less. I own a few cars myself and have friends who are also heavy car enthusiasts, but I'm not on here to advertise myself (or swing a dick as you call it).
Its funny because you get the same EXACT mentality of die hard ford or corvette fans. Apparently these ferarri guys who possibly think they are "above" everyone else are almost identical to the old school, "lowly" ford/corvette/buy only American mentality.

Theyre all idiots if you ask me--i give a flying f__k what you drive.

Its sort of like high school...but for adults. My cars better than yours.
But you know, somethings got to be said about that jock who, may not have all the money, but hell repeatedly embarrass you on the field, on the track, or in the octagon regardless of how much money you have.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 06:00 PM   #384
991GT3
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ford Raptor

Quote:

I love it. You can't even define supercar. It all comes down to "exotic intangibles".
And what are exotic intangibles? Low production high priced badge whore exclusivity snob appeal?

-2016 Macan Turbo(GF vehicle)
-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 06:02 PM   #385
991GT3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
That speaks volumes about the PEOPLE not the CARS. Get the difference?

-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 07:22 PM   #386
Nine
Banned
Rep
Drives: Not ZCP, FML.

Quote:
I love it. You can't even define supercar. It all comes down to "exotic intangibles".
And what are exotic intangibles? Low production high priced badge whore exclusivity snob appeal?
Exactly, super car is not just performance, a turbo civic would be a super car if this were true.

There is no logic by basing this argument soley on performance numbers, that would lead us to saying that a Corvette ZR1 or a Viper ACR is a super car, or any car with similar numbers would be a 'super car', I don't recall the EVO FQ400 being considered a super car, now was it??*

Quote:

This is an interesting point, I think what speaks volumes is how insecure some of the GT-R owners are, and even their fans. Spending hours on the M3forums, just to prove a GT-R is a great car, and if to project that M3 owners couldn't sneeze and buy a GT-R tomorrow.

I'm half tempted to but a GT-R and come to M3 forum and post about how I want my M3 back, oh wait, there already a handful of these type of members.

What is even more annoying is -=Hot|Ice=-, this guy is a real character, calling the M3 "pathetic", how can this be Hot|Ice, for the last 2 years, your avatar stated you would be getting a 2011, then 2012 M3, "Soon to come" yet, you seem to jump on the train and say that the M3 is a 'wannabe' and 'pathetic'

Either the M3 is a great car or it isn't, which is it?

Last edited by Nine; 11-05-2011 at 07:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 07:28 PM   #387
alms211
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Yes it does and I do not condone those that trash the GT-R. I also do not condone those on NAGTROC that think they are driving the best car on the planet and one that should be compared to a 458, Aventador, etc. I think you will find every post I have made about the GT-R to be positive in giving the car the credit it deserves from a perfromance standpoint. It just is not a Supercar and that is what I've said all along. A supercar has to have performance AND exoticness. The GT-R has one of those. When I said....at the end of the day, an M3 is still just a BMW and a GT-R is still just a Nissan is not degrading either car. I'm merely saying that BMW and Nissan do not make exotic cars.

Last edited by alms211; 11-05-2011 at 07:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 08:34 PM   #388
991GT3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post
Exactly, super car is not just performance, a turbo civic would be a super car if this were true.

There is no logic by basing this argument soley on performance numbers, that would lead us to saying that a Corvette ZR1 or a Viper ACR is a super car, or any car with similar numbers would be a 'super car', I don't recall the EVO FQ400 being considered a super car, now was it??*

Again, semantics. Thats your opinion. Its not shared by everyone. Most car reviewers think the GTR is a supercar(as do I).

Quote:
This is an interesting point, I think what speaks volumes is how insecure some of the GT-R owners are, and even their fans. Spending hours on the M3forums, just to prove a GT-R is a great car, and if to project that M3 owners couldn't sneeze and buy a GT-R tomorrow.
Really? What I see is unhinged GTR bashing whenever the car is brought up and GTR owners merely defending it. Most of the threads aren't even started
by GTR owners.
And the reason I spend time on an M3 forum is that I've owned one(and a few other M cars) and like the vehicle. Plus given the number of M3s out there it usually is a little more active than other performance car sites.

-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 08:40 PM   #389
991GT3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Yes it does and I do not condone those that trash the GT-R. I also do not condone those on NAGTROC that think they are driving the best car on the planet and one that should be compared to a 458, Aventador, etc. I think you will find every post I have made about the GT-R to be positive in giving the car the credit it deserves from a perfromance standpoint. It just is not a Supercar and that is what I've said all along. A supercar has to have performance AND exoticness. The GT-R has one of those. When I said....at the end of the day, an M3 is still just a BMW and a GT-R is still just a Nissan is not degrading either car. I'm merely saying that BMW and Nissan do not make exotic cars.
Again semantics.
The GTR in stock form runs with 458s, Gallardos, LFAs, etc.
If those are supercars so is a GTR( and ZR1s, Viper ACRs too)

-2017 Ford Raptor
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 09:00 PM   #390
alms211
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Again semantics.
I tell ya what...you keep thinking the GT-R is a supercar. I know it will help your ego and let you sleep better at night.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2011, 09:27 PM   #391
mattixxg
MKIV
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine View Post

I'm half tempted to but a GT-R and come to M3 forum and post about how I want my M3 back, oh wait, there already a handful of these type of members.

What is even more annoying is -=Hot|Ice=-, this guy is a real character, calling the M3 "pathetic", how can this be Hot|Ice, for the last 2 years, your avatar stated you would be getting a 2011, then 2012 M3, "Soon to come" yet, you seem to jump on the train and say that the M3 is a 'wannabe' and 'pathetic'

Either the M3 is a great car or it isn't, which is it?
Dude..WTF is your problem?
I can go list COUNTLESS ignorant posts by not only yourself, but your select few arrogant fanboys here. It is NOT JUST GTR owners like you are putting here. Your ignorance leaves me in awe.

You apparently have a vendetta on GTR owners for some reason (small "wang" syndrome?) when several people are simply inquiring about the damn car. It actually "offends" you lol!

Even the OP is simply asking for pros and cons on here and look at the absolute trash you type here....you picked hot ice out of all the intelligent posts about the gtr on here....just looking for a reason.

Get over yourself.

PS, The GTR doesnt need to "prove" its a great car, it speaks for itself.

Quote:
You dont pay attention to the media much do you?
That all started with the 911 turbo. But then whoever out there decided to test it against other higher end cars and guess what? they publicized it. Youtube, Car and driver, Top Gear...and im sure a few other magazines that youll conveniently call, "bias" has.

But its clear, a car, to be an "exotic" has to cost at LEAST 150k and be European, correct?
So is a gallardo an exotic?
You can get em 90k used.

Quote:
Again, semantics. Thats your opinion. Its not shared by everyone. Most car reviewers think the GTR is a supercar(as do I).

Really? What I see is unhinged GTR bashing whenever the car is brought up and GTR owners merely defending it. Most of the threads aren't even started
by GTR owners.
This.

Quote:
I tell ya what...you keep thinking the GT-R is a supercar. I know it will help your ego and let you sleep better at night.
Several reviewers called the GTR /placed the GTR in supercar status--what Magazine do you review? What shows do you have or host?

wait....none huh?....damn...sucks to be you.

What was interesting about Top Gear, is that they actually praised...were impressed with the GTRs performance, and they drive more cars than...sorry to say..you probably ever will. So...id definitely take their word for it as opposed to anonymous internet guy. And usually the Brits hate and tend to look down on Japanese cars. Its not often they give praise to them. And thats just one example...there are just so many more of others saying the same about the GTR being in super car territory.

I guess well call it..hybrid? Semi exotic?

BTW, i addressed you before..scroll up.

Feel free to log on to nagtroc and post the same as you did here. Youll finally come across others whose stables arent with just a lone GTR.
But somehow, i dont think you will.

Cliffs:

GTR people arent the only ones who believe their car is a supercar.
Numerous famous others who review vehicles for a living believe so also based off of its performance.

Last edited by mattixxg; 11-05-2011 at 09:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 08:47 AM   #392
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Again semantics.
NO. This is only taking one category, performance, into account. If I make my mustang hang with a 458 then it becomes an exotic. Its not running with them that's important its being them that is.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 09:02 AM   #393
alms211
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszeh View Post
Quote:
Again semantics.
NO. This is only taking one category, performance, into account. If I make my mustang hang with a 458 then it becomes an exotic. Its not running with them that's important its being them that is.
Precisely
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 09:30 AM   #394
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattixxg View Post
Dude..WTF is your problem?
I can go list COUNTLESS ignorant posts by not only yourself, but your select few arrogant fanboys here. It is NOT JUST GTR owners like you are putting here. Your ignorance leaves me in awe.

You apparently have a vendetta on GTR owners for some reason (small "wang" syndrome?) when several people are simply inquiring about the damn car. It actually "offends" you lol!

Even the OP is simply asking for pros and cons on here and look at the absolute trash you type here....you picked hot ice out of all the intelligent posts about the gtr on here....just looking for a reason.

Get over yourself.

PS, The GTR doesnt need to "prove" its a great car, it speaks for itself.

You dont pay attention to the media much do you?
That all started with the 911 turbo. But then whoever out there decided to test it against other higher end cars and guess what? they publicized it. Youtube, Car and driver, Top Gear...and im sure a few other magazines that youll conveniently call, "bias" has.

But its clear, a car, to be an "exotic" has to cost at LEAST 150k and be European, correct?
So is a gallardo an exotic?
You can get em 90k used.

This.

Several reviewers called the GTR /placed the GTR in supercar status--what Magazine do you review? What shows do you have or host?

wait....none huh?....damn...sucks to be you.

What was interesting about Top Gear, is that they actually praised...were impressed with the GTRs performance, and they drive more cars than...sorry to say..you probably ever will. So...id definitely take their word for it as opposed to anonymous internet guy. And usually the Brits hate and tend to look down on Japanese cars. Its not often they give praise to them. And thats just one example...there are just so many more of others saying the same about the GTR being in super car territory.

I guess well call it..hybrid? Semi exotic?

BTW, i addressed you before..scroll up.

Feel free to log on to nagtroc and post the same as you did here. Youll finally come across others whose stables arent with just a lone GTR.
But somehow, i dont think you will.

Cliffs:

GTR people arent the only ones who believe their car is a supercar.
Numerous famous others who review vehicles for a living believe so also based off of its performance.
19 posts and you're already an a$$? Your argument doesn't make a GTR a super car, imo. It performs like one yes (And, it is a great car), but falls short in other categories; and I'm not talking price. Regardless, the description "supercar" is subjective. Anyone who tracks a GTR knows the issues they have with limp mode and overheating when pressed for extended or semi-extended periods on the track. Maybe you should return to NAGTROC as they drink the same kool-aid as you.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 09:37 AM   #395
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
Precisely
ditto.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2011, 11:34 AM   #396
s4awd
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 GT3RS, 08 E92 M3, 06 Evo IX

I had an M3, a GTR and a 997.2 GT3RS. I didn't fall in love with the GTR as I did with the RS but there is no denying it. It's the fastest of all three. To get supercar status and speed you'd have to get a GT2RS but as all porsche guys know, it doesn't get the love the 3RS's do so you can never win. Go with the first few responses. Life is short. Get it and move on. You'll be moving fast too You can always come back I'll always miss my E92 given it gave me a bit of everything but always made me want other cars. I now only have the 3RS and my daily is a prius. Polar opposites. Each car makes me happy I have the other.
Appreciate 0