BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

Mporium BMW

03-05-2010, 09:11 AM   #1
m3nova
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Sedan

Help - A Few Questions

Have to complete my order for my M3 sedan by Monday and am struggling with a few things. Advice would be greatly appreciated:

a. Comp Package and 19s in general: I live in Nova Scotia where the roads are less than ideal. Do those who have the 19s still find the daily rides comfortable? Do you also have EDC?

b. Are those without EDC happy with the daily ride?

c. Colours - Jerez Black or Space Grey. I plan to drive the car in the winter so not sure how much work JB would be to keep car looking nice. Thoughts?

d. Wife is pressing for DCT but I am a bit concerned with all of the lag issues that have been noted on this board. Does anyone know if this has been resolved in MY10/MY11 cars?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 09:32 AM   #2
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

I have 19's & find the ride quite acceptable if I run my EDC in the softest setting.I would order the 19's & EDC for sure as it really does allow you to tailor the ride for your needs.I have the Jerez Black and if I was doing it again Space Grey would be the colour of choice if the car was winter driven.Personally I would not go the M-DCT because of the ongoing issues,even though my wifes new E93 335is will have it.

Last edited by Gearhead999s; 03-05-2010 at 09:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2010, 09:35 AM   #3
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Congrats on the order.

A) Get the comp package, i am sure 19's will be just fine! If your worried about it get EDC.
B) I dont have edc and ride is great. I am however getting coil overs for improved ride for road and track and have some adjust-ability.
C) Both are great, but i personally would do Space Grey - wont look as dirty in winter. But JzB looks amazing when clean!
D) Just say no to DCT! LOL - i think it has been resolved for the most part - i am sure if you search the forum you can get better answers. I test drove a DCT and its not for me. I much prefer the third pedal. I briefly considered it so the wife could drive it, if I bought an E93 I may have been more inclined as I am sure she would like to drive that from time to time.

Tough problems to have
Appreciate 0