BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

Mporium BMW

04-09-2008, 11:12 AM   #23
gorun
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: W166 ML63 PP

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
This might make me fall out of favour with some other members but I couldn't agree more this your comments, I have watched the RS4 being beaten by cars which are nothing more than equals, the M5 and M6 defeating things which should clear win with ease and this too seem to be another occasion when the result differs from what should be expected.

Until this event loses it's BMW status it will always be seen as favoring the Munich brand.
bs!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 11:15 AM   #24
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorun View Post
bs!
Sorry you disagree and I hope there is no hard feelings for myself holding a different opinion. I love the thought of my M3 walking a 997S but I somehow don't hold the same faith that the result would be matched else where.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 11:30 AM   #25
gorun
Lieutenant
Rep

you are a killjoy, admit it
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 01:36 PM   #26
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
you are a killjoy, admit it
Not a killjoy, just a realist.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 02:41 PM   #27
hipvspec
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: you crazy

i cant help but to think the porsche is better to drive still...
      04-09-2008, 04:48 PM   #28
gorun
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Not a killjoy, just a realist.
So the 911 driver wasnt giving it all? please.. M3 is the faster car and video proves it
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 06:33 PM   #29
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

Quote:
So the 911 driver wasnt giving it all? please.. M3 is the faster car and video proves it
The video doesn't prove anything except that car enthusiasts enjoy watching street racing videos on YouTube.

I am a killjoy tooooooooooo!!!!

IMO these videos just illustrate that anything can happen when you put any two cars against each other in fairly random "real world" conditions (like you would find on the street, not in a magazine or on the internet) So buy what you like, regardless of what the car rags and YouTube videos would have you think. The only thing that matters is that you enjoy driving and owning the car.
      04-09-2008, 09:10 PM   #30
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo View Post
Nothing against Gustav, but it does seem that he will find an M that will beat just about everything.
Quote:
This might make me fall out of favour with some other members but I couldn't agree more this your comments, I have watched the RS4 being beaten by cars which are nothing more than equals, the M5 and M6 defeating things which should clear win with ease and this too seem to be another occasion when the result differs from what should be expected.

Until this event loses it's BMW status it will always be seen as favoring the Munich brand.

You guys are timid souls with nothing to offer but criticism about something you know nothing of. Why don't you guys actually go do instead of trying to knock down the videos. It is pathetic conjecture.

Why don't you ask fellow members here like Per who actually ran his V2 335i if the videos are rigged.

Just remember:

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat."
THEODORE ROOSEVELT
(Paris Sorbonne,1910)
      04-09-2008, 10:28 PM   #31
E394KEN
M3//4KEN
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 & E90 335i (Woosh!)

B.S. Put em on a track and lets settle this llike men. A few things, Porsche needs to stop counting its profits and start serious development or it will be remembered for what it once stood for. Second, the 998 better be something very, very special. Third, E92 FTW.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2008, 10:35 PM   #32
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I don't have a tremendous knowledge of these videos. I do know Gustav is trying to make them into a business though, not that this means any bias at all. They seem to just be a bunch of owners driving their own cars. The egos involved in such an event very likely make for a comparable level of effort. I highly doubt there is any purposeful deception or riging of results. Can someone who has watched many/most of the videos provide a list of major upsets in test results vs. magazine results?
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 07:04 AM   #33
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bimmers & Porsches

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
You guys are timid souls with nothing to offer but criticism about something you know nothing of. Why don't you guys actually go do instead of trying to knock down the videos. It is pathetic conjecture.

Why don't you ask fellow members here like Per who actually ran his V2 335i if the videos are rigged.

Just remember:

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat."
THEODORE ROOSEVELT
(Paris Sorbonne,1910)
Hey Jack Ass,

Yeah, I called you a JACK ASS! Anyway, if you took the time to actually read my response you would clearly see that I gave credit to the M. As far as Gustav goes, many have seen some of his vids which appear less than genuine. I have no idea if this one was. It just does not look quite right. (It is not surprising that the M wins, however.) I am choosing the 911 because it is a more satisfying car to me; even if Gustav shows a John Deere beating it in a 150 mph run.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 07:09 AM   #34
M-Maika
First Lieutenant
Portugal
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 AW

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E92  [10.00]
Quote:
Hey Jack Ass,

Yeah, I called you a JACK ASS! Anyway, if you took the time to actually read my response you would clearly see that I gave credit to the M. As far as Gustav goes, many have seen some of his vids which appear less than genuine. I have no idea if this one was. It just does not look quite right. (It is not surprising that the M wins, however.) I am choosing the 911 because it is a more satisfying car to me; even if Gustav shows a John Deere beating it in a 150 mph run.
Chill out dude.

Best Regards, Maika
      04-10-2008, 10:18 AM   #35
gorun
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hey Jack Ass,

Dont get touchy dude, there is always someone faster. You've made a good choice, be happy.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 10:23 AM   #36
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Hey Jack Ass,

Hey Chickenshit,

Yeah, I called you Chickenshit. Don't play the game where you make some lame accusations that the videos are fixed. Have the balls to call them bullshit outright instead of the passive aggressive "It just does not look quite right".

Have the balls to take a position. If you choose to say bullshit, I am sure members here can give you an education about these runs.
      04-10-2008, 11:16 AM   #37
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dont get touchy dude, there is always someone faster. You've made a good choice, be happy.
I am happy. It does not matter that the M is faster. That was evident in my first post. Besides, I am not getting "touchy" with you, so relax.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 11:30 AM   #38
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hey Chickenshit,

Yeah, I called you Chickenshit. Don't play the game where you make some lame accusations that the videos are fixed. Have the balls to call them bullshit outright instead of the passive aggressive "It just does not look quite right".

Have the balls to take a position. If you choose to say bullshit, I am sure members here can give you an education about these runs.
If you haven't noticed I don't have a problem taking a position. I don't know if Gustav did anything wrong. Nonetheless, the run does not look right to me. In the end it does not matter as the M SHOULD be faster.

Again, read my first post. I gave a lot of credit to the BMW.

I do not have faith in Gustav's credibility. I have said this before. I also do not KNOW if this vid is fixed. But, I will say again, it does not look right.

Gustav has posted suspicious vids before. Like the one where the stock M5 easily beat the heavily modded 996tt w/X50. It produced somewhere between 550-600 hp, if memory serves me well. Yeah, nothing suspicious there.

You simply do not want to consider another's point of view.

Just so we are clear. I do not have faith in the accuracy and credibility in every one of Gustav's vids, whether or not this one is accurate.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 11:59 AM   #39
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
If you haven't noticed I don't have a problem taking a position. I don't know if Gustav did anything wrong. Nonetheless, the run does not look right to me. In the end it does not matter as the M SHOULD be faster.

I do not have faith in Gustav's credibility. I have said this before. I also do not KNOW if this vid is fixed. But, I will say again, it does not look right.

Gustav has posted suspicious vids before. Like the one where the stock M5 easily beat the heavily modded 996tt w/X50. It produced somewhere between 550-600 hp, if memory serves me well. Yeah, nothing suspicious there.

Just so we are clear. I do not have faith in the accuracy and credibility in every one of Gustav's vids, whether or not this one is accurate.

Good, now we can attack you straightup....

Is the 996TT X50 vs. M5 video you are talking about?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...31980506&hl=en

if it is, the 911 won so is your memory faulty? Are you just sore that the 911 is getting whooped at these events?? The 911 was nice in the 1970's...not so much anymore.

Per / Just_me, do you guys want to comment on Gustav's video?
      04-10-2008, 12:22 PM   #40
SteelTorque
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335xi

Quote:

Wow! A troll with over 1000 posts! You don't see that every day.
      04-10-2008, 12:24 PM   #41
SteelTorque
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335xi

Quote:

if it is, the 911 won so is your memory faulty? Are you just sore that the 911 is getting whooped at these events?? The 911 was nice in the 1970's...not so much anymore.

Don't worry about it T-Bone.
This is just like the Audi guys...If they lost then the video/magazine etc. must have been fake or fixed.
      04-10-2008, 12:50 PM   #42
RandyB
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '03 330i, '09 M3 Coupe

Conspiracy theories abound...
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 01:10 PM   #43
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Other than my lack of respect for Gustav, what is it about my M3 comments that offend you? Did I say that the 911S was faster?

What I find curious is how the M can whoop the 911 that badly. I am not even saying that it can't whoop it that badly, it just looks suspicious at first glance. Mag. reviews do not seem to support this. We saw the GT3 absolutely kick the M's ass in a straight line. The 911S is not that much slower than the GT3 in a straight line.

Look at my first post. I clearly gave credit to BMW for having a faster car. I am buying what I like, not what some one else likes, even if it is slower.

Now you are resorting to knocking the 911. Did I knock the M in this thread? I have no problem stating that the M's engine is a much better product than what Porsche's delivers, but I prefer the 911 to the M. I will likely get an M later after seeing how the DCT thing pans out, but it will be for my DD.

As far as these other mopes that want to call me a troll, so be it!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2008, 01:22 PM   #44
devo
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTorque View Post
Wow! A troll with over 1000 posts! You don't see that every day.
My household owns two 3 series BMWs: 335 xi coupe and a 328 xi coupe. I am waiting for M-DCT to determine if I will trade the 335. Tell me, how does that simple mind of yours -that has no business responding to this banter- determine that I am a troll.
Appreciate 0