BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

07-10-2015, 11:54 AM   #67
SheaButter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3CP F86 X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manda Mew View Post
Haha are you guys are ridiculous!! He tells people we're already married because it sounds better than fiance.
Seriously this is not the reaction I was expecting.

I'm getting tired of trying to convince anyone I'm real. I mean really this is getting ridiculous.
Nah I'm pretty sure every1 knows you're real. I think it's more of a "it's his car and there is a hot girl posing next to it pretending it's hers". But then again, who care what people think. There are plenty of girls on this board that don't get hated on. There is a BMW dinner up in Pasadena tonight. Maybe start there?

E93 M3 AC Schnitzer Carbon Fiber - Fully Gutted Exhaust and muffler delete | 2007 DB9 Bone Stock | 2016 428i
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 11:55 AM   #68
digitalpersona
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 M3 Blk/Blk

FWIW, I take everything on these forums with a grain of salt. Some could be real, some could be fake. Regardless, its a bunch of faceless people talking about their (and others') cars.
Until the day i meet any of you face to face, this is just mindless entertainment with a touch of perhaps useful information to satiate my desire to become more knowledgable, particularly when it comes to a large investment, which is my m3.

People, let's keep it civil, please.
Appreciate 1
      07-10-2015, 11:56 AM   #69
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3

Quote:
I saved some opti coat to do my wheels when I powder coat them. Where are you buying these syringes? Are you talking about opti gloss coat or regular OC 2.0?

Honestly if I could go back in time, I probably wouldn't opti coat it since I really do like applying glaze, sealant and wax to my car. And by putting anything on it then you lose all the awesome water beading features you get from OC. If you are really into detailing, I wouldn't recommend it (but it is perfect for wheels since you have to use a wheel brush). I'm probably going to polish it off in about a year or two.
Does the red feel more porous than the yellow pad that came with the tube? I think the red will do just as good, hell even the yellow one it comes with is good enough, anything better is just a bonus.
Opti gloss. I'm assuming this coating isn't as resilient? I definitely enjoy detailing, but being self employed doesn't leave me much time. If this makes washing my car easier with less long term damage, I'll take it.

Also. Yeah it's kinda porous :/

BMWCCA:518970
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 11:56 AM   #70
Shredicus
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Damn, do mine next
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 11:59 AM   #71
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 DCT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheaButter View Post
Nah I'm pretty sure every1 knows you're real. I think it's more of a "it's his car and there is a hot girl posing next to it pretending it's hers". But then again, who care what people think. There are plenty of girls on this board that don't get hated on. There is a BMW dinner up in Pasadena tonight. Maybe start there?
I see. So girls can't own M3's? I'm not a feminist by any means but this sounds a little condescending.
I'll be in San Diego tonight.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 12:00 PM   #72
duk
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW/FR 6MT E92

Damn I am in love
      07-10-2015, 12:01 PM   #73
SheaButter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalpersona View Post
FWIW, I take everything on these forums with a grain of salt. Some could be real, some could be fake. Regardless, its a bunch of faceless people talking about their (and others') cars.
Until the day i meet any of you face to face, this is just mindless entertainment with a touch of perhaps useful information to satiate my desire to become more knowledgable, particularly when it comes to a large investment, which is my m3.

People, let's keep it civil, please.
Agreed 100%. I have actually been making an effort to meet more and more of the members here. And so far, every single M3 guy and gal I have met up from this forum has been an awesome enthusiast.

E93 M3 AC Schnitzer Carbon Fiber - Fully Gutted Exhaust and muffler delete | 2007 DB9 Bone Stock | 2016 428i
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 12:02 PM   #74
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirsm3 View Post
Opti gloss. I'm assuming this coating isn't as resilient? I definitely enjoy detailing, but being self employed doesn't leave me much time. If this makes washing my car easier with less long term damage, I'll take it.

Also. Yeah it's kinda porous :/
Ohhh okay. I remember reading somewhere that opti-gloss application is far easier than OC. You'll be fine no matter what, as OG is a step further away from a professional only product compared to OC. Will you be doing a paint correction too? Its definitely easier that it seems. This was my first time buffing a car actually.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 12:03 PM   #75
thekurgan
Bad Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by |||||||||| View Post

Regardless, I'll play along (though I remain skeptical that this is a real thread). Again, welcome, and congrats on the car. Car is beautiful, you're beautiful, your fiance is a lucky guy. That's all, enjoy, or keep playing us all for fools. Whatever the case may be.
[you're/your] used correctly in a sentence (twice). Bravo!
      07-10-2015, 12:04 PM   #76
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep

Is there a list somewhere here that shows all the upcoming meets? How are you guys hearing about them?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 12:06 PM   #77
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3

Quote:
Ohhh okay. I remember reading somewhere that opti-gloss application is far easier than OC. You'll be fine no matter what, as OG is a step further away from a professional only product compared to OC. Will you be doing a paint correction too? Its definitely easier that it seems. This was my first time buffing a car actually.
Thankfully, my paint is already corrected. I just need to wash, clay and wash again then hit the car with 15% IPA. Same with my wheels. They're fresh from the powder coater, so I don't think I'll need to correct them. Are you going to do your barrels or just the wheel faces?

BMWCCA:518970
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 12:07 PM   #78
SheaButter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I see. So girls can't own M3's? I'm not a feminist by any means but this sounds a little condescending.
I'll be in San Diego tonight.
I think you probably read that wrong. maybe go re-read it. I was simply explaining why some of the comments were pretty negative. I even put it in quotes rather than stating it as a fact from me.

I don't think anything I have said has had a tone of condescension in it. If you do a search through every single M3 owner that has ever introduced them self, your post is pretty unique, and that's where all of the 'doubt" comes from. There are plenty of meets, I'm sure you'll cozy up eventually. I'll be in SD this weekend too at the Safari tour (not my choice, but I hope it's entertaining). Cheers.

Appreciate 1
      07-10-2015, 12:09 PM   #79
stiles
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '11 e92 M3

lol jk, congrats
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 12:09 PM   #80
STooK
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

Congrats on your purchase! It's funny how people are always so quick to say everything they see on the web is fake…

Oh, and I think you've just convinced me to change out my stock angel eyes…looks great!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 12:11 PM   #81
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheaButter View Post
I think you probably read that wrong. maybe go re-read it. I was simply explaining why some of the comments were pretty negative. I even put it in quotes rather than stating it as a fact from me.

I don't think anything I have said has had a tone of condescension in it. If you do a search through every single M3 owner that has ever introduced them self, your post is pretty unique, and that's where all of the 'doubt" comes from. There are plenty of meets, I'm sure you'll cozy up eventually. I'll be in SD this weekend too at the Safari tour (not my choice, but I hope it's entertaining). Cheers.
Ah sorry. Feeling a bit defensive with all these posts. I see what you mean. Haha enjoy the safari tour! I've been wanting to go to the zoo forever but I never get taken *cough cough*. Any meets in San Diego this weekend?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 12:12 PM   #82
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thankfully, my paint is already corrected. I just need to wash, clay and wash again then hit the car with 15% IPA. Same with my wheels. They're fresh from the powder coater, so I don't think I'll need to correct them. Are you going to do your barrels or just the wheel faces?
I'm going to do the full barrels! That would be the easiest part if the wheels are already off so why not? What color did you pick?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 12:21 PM   #83
Manda Mew
Dog Lover
United_States
Rep

Guys I'll just drive around with this sticker:
http://www.amazon.com/Chihuahua-Viny...uhahua+sticker
Then you'll have to believe me lol
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 12:22 PM   #84
SheaButter
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ah sorry. Feeling a bit defensive with all these posts. I see what you mean. Haha enjoy the safari tour! I've been wanting to go to the zoo forever but I never get taken *cough cough*. Any meets in San Diego this weekend?
No worries I get it. No idea about meets in SD, I am in Newport Beach. LOL print out a flyer for the zoo and leave it on the counter, I'm sure he'll get the hint!

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 12:23 PM   #85
digitalpersona
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E93 M3 Blk/Blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by STooK View Post
Congrats on your purchase! It's funny how people are always so quick to say everything they see on the web is fake…

Oh, and I think you've just convinced me to change out my stock angel eyes…looks great!
Stook, you're defintely behind the 8 ball on upgrading AEs. Do IT!
BTW, speaking of meets, there's one in Garden City tonight, I might be going. drop by if you can.

Sorry for
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 12:30 PM   #86
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekurgan View Post
[you're/your] used correctly in a sentence (twice). Bravo!
lol, thanks. I hate it when people misuse the yours and there's and whatnot. Pisses me off

Manda Mew: To be totally and 100% honest, I couldn't care less if you were being 100% honest in your OP, or were lying through your teeth. I don't know you, and never will. For your sake, I hope you are telling the truth, because lying on an internet forum (for any reason) is lame as phuck. If you are telling the truth, again, I apologize for "calling you out", and welcome to the boards. But again, I don't care one way or the other. You being real or not doesn't change the way my breakfast is going to taste in the morning I enjoy the pics, and it was a cool story to read, and I look forward to reading more of what you have to share (if you are on the up and up), but beyond that, this is a pretty trivial thread to me.

That said, don't take offense. No one is saying a female can't own an ///M car. Plenty of females own ///M cars, and they are just as welcome here as any guy (probably more so). This thread just seems too good to be true, and the Instagram plugs definitely seem a tad too convenient. You even have an Instagram advertisement under your username You made an account on here and posted a very LOOONG thread with fairly "sexy" pictures of you detailing the car everyone on here loves. The best way to market to a particular crowd is to appeal to them with things they are infatuated with (in this case, M3's and girls). The photos are very staged looking, and the whole thing just seems like a huge advertisement, like you are selling something. Then there are the very conveniently placed Instagram pitches all over the place. You should be able to see why we are skeptical.

Again, don't take it the wrong way, and if you are being honest, I apologize for giving off the wrong impression. Here is an idea: If you are honestly telling the truth, and you are a real person, post a picture of you in front of the car wearing a red shirt giving a peace sign with one hand a thumbs up with the other. That way we know at the least you are a real person and these are actually your pictures. Of course, it doesn't prove your true intentions of making your account or posting this thread, but hey, at least then we will know we are actually talking to a female and not some fat middle aged hairy guy named Butch..
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rat3d_m/

Last edited by Rat3d ///M; 07-10-2015 at 12:35 PM..
Appreciate 2
      07-10-2015, 12:32 PM   #87
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:

I remember my married days. My ex wife hated my cars, hahaha.
...and now your hookers love them?
      07-10-2015, 12:33 PM   #88
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

I have never seen so much virtual leg humping since Bimmette went on youtube and Sara504 went shoulderless in her photos. Keep it classy folks.