BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

BPM

12-02-2009, 07:02 PM   #1
Ben335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 Finally here

**Warning** Fastlane on Luxury 4 Play (L4P)

I just wanted to give a head ups and relay my experience so I can prevent the same thing from happening to them.

I recently attended a run planned by FastLane (Greg) of Luxury 4 Play (L4P). This was supposed to be one of the biggest event and was touted to have a ton of stuff.

-Tshirts
- Food and Drink at all locations
- Decals
- Goody Bags
- The proceeds would go to charity to help feed the homeless for Thanksgiving.

The fee for this event was $100 per person. Here was the problem:
This was one of the worst runs I have ever been to. There was no organization, no directions, and worse yet nothing that was promised was delivered on. Most of the attendees did not even pay. The Organizer himself arrives 2 hours late to his own run!
We did not get decals, there were TShirts, and there was so little food that most of the attendees had to buy their own food and there were no drinks. No Goody bags and what really gets me is the inablity for them to show that they donated the money to charity.

A refund was promised by Greg, but then he would not honor is promise.

If anyone sees an event planned by this guy, they need to RUN the other way fast. I hope this prevents someone else from getting scammed.
      12-02-2009, 07:42 PM   #2
bknight
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M Competition

wow, thanks for the heads-up.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2009, 07:44 PM   #3
Ben335
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bknight View Post
wow, thanks for the heads-up.
Hey, If I can help someone else learn from my mistake then it was worth it. Such a bad experience for me and my friends. We drove up from DC to attend this Victory Run and it was a complete disaster.
      12-14-2009, 11:27 PM   #4
MTK
Registered
Rep
Drives: Many

(I registered to make this quick post)

To: Ben and anyone else on the east coast

Greg (FASTLANE) was at one point a moderator on L4P,
he had (by his own free will) volunteered to help us manage our site,
that's it.

Anything that he did/does to promote or market our brand, he does on his own time/dime.
While we greatly appreciate his and all of our members' efforts,

the Victory Rally was not an official L4P event nor was it sponsored or cleared by L4P.com's owners!

We truly appreciate the energy and enthusiasm of ALL our members at L4P, anything i don't personally endorse is NOT an "L4P event"

the goldRUSH Rally™ is the only official Rally of Luxury4Play LLC and it takes place every summer

The advertising and use of our trademark brand(s) for gain is strictly prohibited.

- - - - - - -

Sorry this all went down, it happens
and although i'm sure Greg did not plan for it to go down like this,
Keep in mind, automotive events are hard to organize, and require careful planning and in some cases a small/experienced staff...

i'm sure w/ all the hype and the L4P name being thrown around so freely for the victory event the expectations/spirits were VERY high.
i apologize to those who did not know this was NOT and L4P.com event

one last thing . . .
don't let this event or any other bad experience discourage you from participating in future OFFICIAL L4P.com events,

THANKS
~Knick
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2009, 11:42 PM   #5
noxredna
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 M3, 1M, F10 M5

Greg and the bunch of them are a good people, i've been to the events they have organized and it was good.

Your one bad experience does not necessarily reflect other people's opinion who have partake in their other events.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2009, 06:50 AM   #6
Ben335
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
(I registered to make this quick post)

To: Ben and anyone else on the east coast

Greg (FASTLANE) was at one point a moderator on L4P,
he had (by his own free will) volunteered to help us manage our site,
that's it.

Anything that he did/does to promote or market our brand, he does on his own time/dime.
While we greatly appreciate his and all of our members' efforts,

the Victory Rally was not an official L4P event nor was it sponsored or cleared by L4P.com's owners!

We truly appreciate the energy and enthusiasm of ALL our members at L4P, anything i don't personally endorse is NOT an "L4P event"

the goldRUSH Rally™ is the only official Rally of Luxury4Play LLC and it takes place every summer

The advertising and use of our trademark brand(s) for gain is strictly prohibited.

- - - - - - -

Sorry this all went down, it happens
and although i'm sure Greg did not plan for it to go down like this,
Keep in mind, automotive events are hard to organize, and require careful planning and in some cases a small/experienced staff...

i'm sure w/ all the hype and the L4P name being thrown around so freely for the victory event the expectations/spirits were VERY high.
i apologize to those who did not know this was NOT and L4P.com event

one last thing . . .
don't let this event or any other bad experience discourage you from participating in future OFFICIAL L4P.com events,

THANKS
~Knick
Thanks for the clarification. However, L4P did not do anything to make the situation right, besides delete the original thread and let the 2nd thread degrade to a circus and leave over 7 of us unhappy when refunds were promised. Shame really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxredna View Post
Greg and the bunch of them are a good people, i've been to the events they have organized and it was good.

Your one bad experience does not necessarily reflect other people's opinion who have partake in their other events.
I have actually been to a previous event also, but that had no charge, although had it's own issues, but when you don't pay, you don't have rom to complain. I have a problem when people are asked to pay and then you invite a bunch of your friends who do not pay, PROMISE a refund and a bunch of other stuff and then deliver nothing and the hide behind your boys while they talk a bunch of BS. I hope everyone had a great time with the money.
      12-15-2009, 10:54 AM   #7
MTK
Registered
Rep
Drives: Many

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben335 View Post
Thanks for the clarification. However, L4P did not do anything to make the situation right, besides delete the original thread and let the 2nd thread degrade to a circus and leave over 7 of us unhappy when refunds were promised. Shame really.
REALLY?

FYI -
Original thread is still up (it's a sticky)
we did NOT issue refunds because it was NOT our event

instead, the owners of L4P and L4P's members collectively and as a community raised money and made a charitable donation to Shriner's Children's Hospital

so actually shame on you for trying to make L4P take responsibility for something we knew nothing about until afterwards . . .

again, i don't think it was Greg's intent to fumble up the event-
i have been on many rally's and i have my own
i "man up" when i have to, my reputation in and throughout the automotive lifestyle industry is one of honesty, integrity and respect.
ask anyone from Ferrari (in Italy) to HRE wheels about their direct dealings with me....

whatever 10$ arrangement/agreement w/ greg is your business-
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2009, 12:36 PM   #8
Ben335
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
REALLY?

FYI -
Original thread is still up (it's a sticky)
we did NOT issue refunds because it was NOT our event

instead, the owners of L4P and L4P's members collectively and as a community raised money and made a charitable donation to Shriner's Children's Hospital

so actually shame on you for trying to make L4P take responsibility for something we knew nothing about until afterwards . . .

again, i don't think it was Greg's intent to fumble up the event-
i have been on many rally's and i have my own
i "man up" when i have to, my reputation in and throughout the automotive lifestyle industry is one of honesty, integrity and respect.
ask anyone from Ferrari (in Italy) to HRE wheels about their direct dealings with me....

whatever 10$ arrangement/agreement w/ greg is your business-
I would fully expect you to defend L4P as you are a owner of the site. You also might want to get your facts straight before posting them public. Your own admin RAW deleted the first thread. The thread as you see it now is the second thread not the first one as you claim.

My gripe really is not with L4P as it is directly with Greg. Although you have to see how easy it is for people to relate L4P to the Victory Run. It was promoted heavily on the site by one of your moderators. Everything related to it including all video teasers have L4P all over it as well as many participants giving the 4 fingered L4P "salute" Although it was not your run, pressure could have been put on Greg to do some basic customer service and make the people happy. Instead, the first thread was deleted and then attention diverted to the Shriners donation, which is great, but took attention away from the original topic which was the unhappy people. You wil notice also, I stopped posting after that as it just didn't make sense anymore.

I have a strong sense of honesty and integrity also, so this matter turned into a matter of principle and not about the money anymore. Although it may not have been Greg intent to mess things up, if he had integrity and honesty then he would have done the right thing and made things right. He did NOTHING of the sort. It was so bad, even sponsors were complaining. Many spoke to me privately also after posting their thoughts.

By having Greg continue to represent L4P does nothing for your reputation either.
      12-16-2009, 06:48 AM   #9
Sellotape
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2C, GLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben335 View Post
I would fully expect you to defend L4P as you are a owner of the site. You also might want to get your facts straight before posting them public. Your own admin RAW deleted the first thread. The thread as you see it now is the second thread not the first one as you claim.

My gripe really is not with L4P as it is directly with Greg. Although you have to see how easy it is for people to relate L4P to the Victory Run. It was promoted heavily on the site by one of your moderators. Everything related to it including all video teasers have L4P all over it as well as many participants giving the 4 fingered L4P "salute" Although it was not your run, pressure could have been put on Greg to do some basic customer service and make the people happy. Instead, the first thread was deleted and then attention diverted to the Shriners donation, which is great, but took attention away from the original topic which was the unhappy people. You wil notice also, I stopped posting after that as it just didn't make sense anymore.

I have a strong sense of honesty and integrity also, so this matter turned into a matter of principle and not about the money anymore. Although it may not have been Greg intent to mess things up, if he had integrity and honesty then he would have done the right thing and made things right. He did NOTHING of the sort. It was so bad, even sponsors were complaining. Many spoke to me privately also after posting their thoughts.

By having Greg continue to represent L4P does nothing for your reputation either.
MTK,

Can you explain where the money is now?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2009, 05:31 PM   #10
RAWMEAN
Registered
Rep
Drives: Maserati GT, GMC, Denali, MBZ

Just wanted to clarify the situation and answer any questions members might have.

We currently have over $3000 contributed by members and the L4P ADMIN, the charity will be open until end of January and all proceeds will be donated to Shriners Hospital that helps children with special needs get the help they need free.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2009, 08:55 AM   #11
Ben335
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWMEAN View Post
Just wanted to clarify the situation and answer any questions members might have.

We currently have over $3000 contributed by members and the L4P ADMIN, the charity will be open until end of January and all proceeds will be donated to Shriners Hospital that helps children with special needs get the help they need free.

Applaud the effort for the Shriners..

But...what happened with the money from the Victory Run? Is there any proof it was actually donated?
      12-17-2009, 09:16 AM   #12
Donbona
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 DCT 2008

reeeefund!!!!
M3 E93 DCT, Space Grey,BC HB29 Forged Deep Concave Wheels, Ericsson Amuse F/R Bumper, Evolve Full Exhaust System, INTRAX Coilovers, STOPTECH BBK, Performance Steering Wheel,Custom Red/Black Leather Seats,///M3 ||Bimmerpost M3 Car Of The Month May - 2010SOLD
2010 R35 GTR
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2009, 09:24 AM   #13
Ben335
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donbona View Post
reeeefund!!!!
      12-21-2009, 11:15 AM   #14
Sellotape
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2C, GLS

Refund seems in order. The 'donating the money to charity' line is often used in these situations to try to get the person seeking a refund to stop looking for it.

Either give the money back, OR get agreement from the person looking for the money that it should go to charity.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2014, 12:47 PM   #15
NlckyBlack
Captain
Greece
Rep
Drives: Too many cars

Did anybody ever get back the refunds? What ever happened to Fastlane greg?
Appreciate 0