BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

03-13-2018, 07:36 PM   #45
ChadB
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09GTR 13 RDX 15 TLX 15 M3

SIC. Love the wheels. Got any vids?
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2018, 04:57 PM   #46
Exclusivs
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadB View Post
SIC. Love the wheels. Got any vids?
Thanks for kind words, unfortunately no "vids."

Update of sorts:

Have been exploring subtle ways of reducing some unnecessary weight, specifically with the option of OEM style/Fit Carbon trunk I have in mind. More of a priority to me is supportive seating (entirely different topic).
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2018, 09:01 AM   #47
Exclusivs
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Update ;

Some TLC Original spark plugs changed. Although only @ 32k miles, has been high priority. Inspected when removed, not horrible but a good time.

New shoes too At 18.9lbs who is to complain? Forged, lightweight, and some nice detail - These are pretty cool!

Appreciate 1
      11-08-2018, 09:33 PM   #48
vitalsigns
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exclusivs View Post
New shoes too At 18.9lbs who is to complain? Forged, lightweight, and some nice detail - These are pretty cool!

Nice. What rims are these?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2018, 11:23 PM   #49
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalsigns View Post
Nice. What rims are these?
Looks like the Bimmerworld TA16s
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2018, 02:51 PM   #50
vitalsigns
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
Cheers
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2018, 09:45 PM   #51
HELROTM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1995 e36 M3

Quote:
To replace the Volk's?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 04:13 AM   #52
Exclusivs
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Indeed they are! Thanks for answering that Derbo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELROTM3 View Post
To replace the Volk's?
Just to change it up. There are very few wheels that can replace Volks. Its a timeless wheel I may go back to in a different shade possibly? But FWIW I really do like the Bimmerworld TA16's. Just don't think they get as much public forum "glam"

Some new small updates : Changed spring rates front & rear on the KW Clubsport. Not enough time driven yet, but initial test says its a go! Picked up set of genuine OEM performance splitters. Scheduled to bring car to dealer to finally have the TAKATA Air bag recall done. The OEM Electronic Performance wheel has been tempting + perfect time to swap it when @ the dealer for airbag. Only thing I don't like about it is the white stitching. Pictures soon!

Thanks again everyone for the kind words , and IND, Performance Tech & Jeff @ Essex for the continued support. Hats off to all those involved, and continue to fine tune this project.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 10:25 AM   #53
mlee4984
Slow M3 Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 ZCP

Nice build bud! Post more pix!

2014 Citrin Schwarz Metallic M5
2005 Interlagos Blau Metallic M3
Appreciate 1
Exclusivs540.50
      06-05-2019, 05:11 PM   #54
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:

Just to change it up. There are very few wheels that can replace Volks. Its a timeless wheel I may go back to in a different shade possibly? But FWIW I really do like the Bimmerworld TA16's. Just don't think they get as much public forum "glam"

Some new small updates : Changed spring rates front & rear on the KW Clubsport. Not enough time driven yet, but initial test says its a go! Picked up set of genuine OEM performance splitters. Scheduled to bring car to dealer to finally have the TAKATA Air bag recall done. The OEM Electronic Performance wheel has been tempting + perfect time to swap it when @ the dealer for airbag. Only thing I don't like about it is the white stitching. Pictures soon!

Thanks again everyone for the kind words , and IND, Performance Tech & Jeff @ Essex for the continued support. Hats off to all those involved, and continue to fine tune this project.

I thought you were selling the TA16s?
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2019, 11:31 AM   #55
Exclusivs
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I thought you were selling the TA16s?
I am. Too much wheel hoarding going on at the moment. They'd look great on your E90!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2019, 12:06 PM   #56
e90///M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELROTM3 View Post
To replace the Volk's?

Always Been a fan of this build. Whats the reason to change the springs on the CS? What rate?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2019, 01:44 PM   #57
SoCalRPM
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Nice photos!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 12:07 PM   #58
italyix
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3

How do the AP brakes compare to the Brembos, in terms of pedal feel and overall consistency? I have the brembos and really do not like how the pedal feel is too soft, have to pump a few times to get a stiff feel (TWSS). Also, PTech has only ever touched my car, including multiple flushes to the brakes using Motul 600 and now I'm on Endless fluid. Same pedal feel.

The APs are on my list but want to make sure I justify the price tag. Car is mostly a track toy at this point, hardly sees street.
      06-13-2019, 05:03 PM   #59
Exclusivs
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90///M3 View Post
Always Been a fan of this build. Whats the reason to change the springs on the CS? What rate?
Appreciate the comment and glad you have been following
The KW CS have been fantastic. Main reason for spring change = freedom of wider wheel/tire (square) setup without spacers when desired. Second): KW went to a softer rate rear late in production cycle. Took the opportunity with suspension out to see how the stiffer rears would behave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRPM View Post
Nice photos!
Thanks, all the talented work of Photographer Courtney Cutchen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by italyix View Post
How do the AP brakes compare to the Brembos, in terms of pedal feel and overall consistency? I have the brembos and really do not like how the pedal feel is too soft, have to pump a few times to get a stiff feel (TWSS). Also, PTech has only ever touched my car, including multiple flushes to the brakes using Motul 600 and now I'm on Endless fluid. Same pedal feel.

The APs are on my list but want to make sure I justify the price tag. Car is mostly a track toy at this point, hardly sees street.
Both have been great! Not able to provide an accurate contrast. Brakes remain largely a (driver) preference. Without knowing details of your car/kit (mileage, maintenance history, rotor type, pad type) impossible to say. Check for air in the lines, or damage to the hardlines.

You are in good hands with Joe & the gents at Performance Technic!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 03:50 PM   #60
Exclusivs
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Whats up guys! Revisiting my journal, because I somehow skipped an entire sequence of events. My apologies…life has been busy the last few months to say the least.

First off was the transport back, completed by Intercity Lines. Fantastic job. These guys are top notch professionals, a pleasure to work with. Accompanied on the trip by a brand new AMG GTR, in it’s unholy ‘Green Hell Magno’ finish. This was my first time ever seeing one, they’re remarkable. The details are exquisite. Fully functional carbon fiber aero spoiler, huge carbon ceramic brakes, above average AMG snarl. This is one car, I’m not sure pictures do justice. Please forgive the iPhone photos…

Appreciate 1