BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

EXXEL Distributions

12-14-2018, 12:25 PM   #1
rugger09
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 Frozen Blue Individual

Canadian Suppliers - Mod Parts

Hey folks, I'm on the east coast and looking to add some carbon fiber parts on my 2013 ZCP Frozen Blue M3. I'm really hoping to find some replica parts that mimic popular brands for a front splitter, rear diffuser, high kick trunk lip, kidney grills and mirror caps (to start). Can anyone recommend a Canadian supplier for these parts? I know of Extreme Parts in the GTA, are there any others in Canada? Also, I will have my headlights modded too. Has anyone had good luck with GTA Retrofits or make any other recommendations for headlight modifications?

Many Thanks

Shannon
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 01:18 PM   #2
s2kdan
Rep
Drives: Honda S2000

Alpha motorsports
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 01:27 PM   #3
MaximusB
Major
Rep
Drives: 13 Frozen White E92

There aren't many suppliers in Canada unfortunately. There are a few but their selection is not very good.

Since you're on the east coast, look into iND Distribution. They are specialized in European cars and have good selections.

As for CF parts, I bought my front splitter, rear diffusers, skirt and bumper extensions from JL Motoring. The fit is pretty good for replica parts. As for the spoiler, I've tried ones from JL and JB Speed, none of them fit 100%. So I bite the bullet and bought the BMW CF spoiler, the fit is spot on. Main difference is replica CF spoilers are solid and don't have recess for the double sided tape. Genuine spoiler from BMW is hollow (way lighter) and have a recessed channel for the double sided tape. When installed replica spoiler will have gaps and you can see the edge of the tape, whereas the genuine BMW one sits perfectly flat and the tape is hidden.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 02:29 PM   #4
rugger09
Canada
Rep

Thanks for the tip on the trunk spoiler. I have looked at iND and they do have a good selection. It just burns me every time I have to pay duty and inflated shipping.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 02:41 PM   #5
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 6MT

Ship your headlights to Oneighty in NY. You won't be disappointed.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 03:08 PM   #6
MaximusB
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugger09 View Post
Thanks for the tip on the trunk spoiler. I have looked at iND and they do have a good selection. It just burns me every time I have to pay duty and inflated shipping.
Yup I know that feeling. On several occasions I have paid more on duties and shipping than the part itself. Too bad you're not close to the US border, otherwise you can do ship to an receiving place in the US and go pick it up yourself. I used to do that but it still about 45 minutes drive one way for me.

Depends what you buy, some cosmetic stuff like CF trims and emblems are actually shipped from Asia. Like JB Speed, most of their stuff are oversea so it doesn't matter if you're in the US or Canada.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2018, 05:32 PM   #7
Banma
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage16, tdotperformance, racing bees, uniq carbon. All Canadian but each has pros and cons
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2018, 07:01 PM   #8
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugger09 View Post
You are going to pay it weather a company imports it for you, or you do it yourself.

If you ever spend any time in the US, trying to time your trips and bringing them back is one way yo save on duties.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2018, 08:23 PM   #9
GO-RAN
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

Most times ive gotten parts from the US and shipped with USPS ive avoided duties.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2018, 07:59 PM   #10
kasimmmmm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M

Alpha Motorsports
      01-03-2019, 05:53 PM   #11
bing240sx
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C /// E90 M3 ESS-VT2

i have some stuff left over from when i was importing and selling this kind of thing. i believe i have a set of carbon kidney grilles BNIB and a few used lips. located in hamilton.
      01-07-2019, 05:24 PM   #12
brodiem
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW E92 M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
PM me if you're interested in front splitters. I have a set that I never installed since I went with a GTS style lip instead. I'm located in NB
      01-20-2019, 11:45 AM   #13
Rizvi
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E90 M3, SilverstoneII

Garage List
Hey guys, I'm an industrial designer. I work for a fairly large international furniture manufacturer, but I'm launching my own business making custom carbon fiber panels by hand. If anyone is interested, let's talk.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2019, 02:00 AM   #14
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

shoutout to when we crossed back with over $700usd worth of goods that we declared and didn't have to pay duties on it
      02-11-2019, 01:14 PM   #15
rugger09
Canada
Rep

An update on the topic. Hopefully this can assist other Canadians that find themselves outside of major urban centres.

AM Tuning in Toronto – Fair prices with good shipping price with GST applied, very prompt and professional interactions. Parts come well packaged and quality was as expected.
• CF Mirror Caps
• CF Side Skirt Extensions
• CF Rear Bumper Small Side Splitters
• CF Performance Style Trunk Spoiler
• CF Front Lip – GT4 Style with Air Ducts

Uniq Carbon in Vancouver with fair prices but high shipping charges. They are dealing with shipping across country and the size of the packages increase the costs. Good folks to talk to and they understand the shipping cost issues but say there is not much they can do about it which is 100% true. I did receive the wrong part (kidney grills) but they responded very quickly to resolve. (Update to come)
• Rear Diffuser GTS-V Style
• CF Kidney Grills

JBSpeed – Good Prices and fantastic shipping cost with no duty. Parts arrived quickly, well packaged with quality as described.
• CF Shift Paddles
• CF Hood Vents
• CF Side Gill Trim
• CF License Plate Frame
• Matte Black M3 Badge

GTA Retrofits in Toronto – Good prices and very responsive. Josh seems very knowledgeable and is very good to discuss options and get the project moving from a distance. He is quite no-nonsense and knows what works and what doesn’t. I appreciate that quality. (Update to come: Have not done the work yet but will do so soon.)
• Planning for full mod of the headlight assemblies including Bavgruppe ¾ DTM Halos, CF Switchback Eyebrows, demon eyes and blacked out interior chrome.

Alpha Motorsports in Toronto – Good price, not exposed to duty. It seems like my order got misplaced but will hopefully arrive soon (Update coming soon).
• Macht Schnell intake

Mod Bargains – Fair price but shipping cost is an issue. They were able to reduce a bit but remained very high for a very small and light package. Will not likely use again due to prohibitive shipping costs. The rest of the customer experience was fine.
• CF Front Bumper Reflectors

Attempted Racing Bee in Toronto – They did not want my business because they would have to ship (their words).
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2019, 02:02 PM   #16
MaximusB
Major
Rep

How do you find the fit from AM Tuning and Uniq Carbon? I bought from JB Speed and JL motoring, and the fit of their stuff is okay at best. Needed some trimming to fit right.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2019, 08:10 AM   #17
rugger09
Canada
Rep

My M3 is in external storage right now. Over the next month I will likely be able to get it out and will follow up with comments on fitment. I anticipate all the big aero parts will need some TLC before installation but hope it is minimized. Does anyone know if the guy at Alpha Motorsport is on vacation?
Appreciate 0