BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

GetBMWParts
View Poll Results: Are you happy with Trump's job performance?
Yes, Trump is doing a great job! 48 62.34%
No, Trump is doing a terrible job! 29 37.66%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

01-21-2020, 07:59 PM   #23
cmyx6go
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X6 ///M

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
Austin Hope Cabernet. PasoRobles Ca. Will post pic tomorrow. Sorry you had a bad day.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer18039.00

01-21-2020, 08:08 PM   #24
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Austin Hope Cabernet. PasoRobles Ca. Will post pic tomorrow. Sorry you had a bad day.
Excellent.

Thanks, love! I have FAR more good ones than bad ones so they tend to stand out. All good now!

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go3077.50

01-21-2020, 08:35 PM   #25
glennQNYC
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
More than satisfied.
Imagine how much further we'd be if the political headwinds weren't so stiff.
cmyx6go3077.50

01-21-2020, 08:51 PM   #26
hubbahubba
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
More than satisfied.
Agreed. Unfortunately he seems to have brought some of those winds on himself just by being a jacknuts on Twitter, etc...
Appreciate 3
MKSixer18039.00
Salty Dog2247.00

01-21-2020, 09:11 PM   #27
glennQNYC
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubbahubba View Post
Quote:
More than satisfied.
Agreed. Unfortunately he seems to have brought some of those winds on himself just by being a jacknuts on Twitter, etc...
I don't see any evidence to support the theory that President Trump was raped because he dressed provocatively. Kavanaugh wasn't "jacknuts on Twitter" and look what they did to him!

01-21-2020, 09:15 PM   #28
hubbahubba
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Perhaps.

I don't see any evidence to support the theory that President Trump was raped because he dressed provocatively. Kavanaugh wasn't "jacknuts on Twitter" and look what they did to him!
I don't want to argue with you, but we see this differently. Kav is a whole other story, and I totally agree with you on that.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer18039.00

01-21-2020, 09:21 PM   #29
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I don't want to argue with you, but we see this differently. Kav is a whole other story, and I totally agree with you on that.
Unfortunately Mr. Trump is in a Catch-22. He pushes back on the often false narratives of the media and bypasses the press entirely by using twitter to take his message to the people. This is both positive and negative.

Additionally, he is a street fighter and doesn't mind, 'taking it to the gravel' with anyone. Is it Presidential...probably not. Is it effective...judge for yourself. Against a serious headwind, he's made quite a bit of progress on his agenda and his stamp on the federal judgeships will last for decades.

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 3
vreihen161141.50
Salty Dog2247.00

01-21-2020, 09:38 PM   #30
hubbahubba
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Unfortunately Mr. Trump is in a Catch-22. He pushes back on the often false narratives of the media and bypasses the press entirely by using twitter to take his message to the people. This is both positive and negative.

Additionally, he is a street fighter and doesn't mind, 'taking it to the gravel' with anyone. Is it Presidential...probably not. Is it effective...judge for yourself. Against a serious headwind, he's made quite a bit of progress on his agenda and his stamp on the federal judgeships will last for decades.
Well said. Thank you for jumping in.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer18039.00

01-22-2020, 09:40 AM   #31
VisualEcho
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
If you donít discuss politics, why are you posting in the politics forum? Not trying to be an asshole but why post an opinion and then not back up with your reasoning?
It's a free country, if you hadn't noticed, and my posting implies no obligation of any subsequent discussion.
      01-22-2020, 09:53 AM   #32
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:

How much progress has he made outside of pure Executive power - which is impervious to "serious headwind" regardless?

This is just "I have a phone, and I have a pen" redux.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 10:33 AM   #33
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
How much progress has he made outside of pure Executive power - which is impervious to "serious headwind" regardless?

This is just "I have a phone, and I have a pen" redux.
Take a read. Thanks!!

https://www.heritage.org/global-poli...e-donald-trump

Appreciate 1
      01-22-2020, 10:40 AM   #34
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
So he didn't kill some treaties that the Senate ratified, which were: Two boundary treaties with Pacific Island states; extradition treaties with Serbia and Kosovo; a protocol admitting Montenegro to NATO; and a treaty to make more books available in formats the blind can read? Great.

Appreciate 1
      01-22-2020, 10:41 AM   #35
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
So he didn't kill some treaties that the Senate ratified, which were: Two boundary treaties with Pacific Island states; extradition treaties with Serbia and Kosovo; a protocol admitting Montenegro to NATO; and a treaty to make more books available in formats the blind can read? Great.

Treaties require team work. It's just an example.

Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 10:49 AM   #36
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Treaties require team work. It's just an example.
Forgive me for being underwhelmed, though I'm sure Montenegro is appropriately grateful. 2/3rds of the Senate doesn't require that much "teamwork", either.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 10:52 AM   #37
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Forgive me for being underwhelmed, though I'm sure Montenegro is appropriately grateful. 2/3rds of the Senate doesn't require that much "teamwork", either.
Ok...what's going on. Did you have some Grouchy Flakes for breakfast?

Appreciate 1
      01-22-2020, 11:30 AM   #38
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Ok...what's going on. Did you have some Grouchy Flakes for breakfast?
Nope, not at all. Just giving my opinion.

These treaties are pretty minor stuff when it comes to examples of "accomplishments" Trump has made outside of things that are 100% within his control.

Tax cuts would be a good example, though there's an argument to be made about whether those are net positive or net negative for the country.
Appreciate 1
      01-22-2020, 11:54 AM   #39
bd307
Chef
Rep
Drives: Things with wheels or no wheel

I gave this thread a 24 hours window to see how many would think Trump is doing a terrible job and 16 of you (as of this posting) ticked that option.

Would love to hear from some of these 16 people how Trump can do a better job than what he has been doing in terms of performance. Remember it is the performance OP is asking here.

To relate to a car forums we belong, it is similar to the following. Are you happy with GT500's performance or are you happy with GT3 RS' performance? All without your brand perceptions/bias.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 12:19 PM   #40
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd307 View Post
I gave this thread a 24 hours window to see how many would think Trump is doing a terrible job and 16 of you (as of this posting) ticked that option.

Would love to hear from some of these 16 people how Trump can do a better job than what he has been doing in terms of performance. Remember it is the performance OP is asking here.

To relate to a car forums we belong, it is similar to the following. Are you happy with GT500's performance or are you happy with GT3 RS' performance? All without your brand perceptions/bias.
Well, I voted "no" because I'm overall dissatisfied with Trump's presidency and that was the only applicable selection. Is he doing a "terrible" job? No. He's not doing a "good" job, either.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 12:26 PM   #41
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Terrible.

Because of crap like this:

l Trump says US has coronavirus 'totally under control' - https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-under-control
      01-22-2020, 01:11 PM   #42
gunsmoker
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

I voted no, because my perception of how he operates does not indicate that he has had an intelligent and planned approach to any of the undertakings of his administration that have turned out to be ok. What we see is that he would make a random comment in the public place that he either thinks his crowd wants to hear or it's something that his egomaniacal and narcissistic self wants to put out there and then his administration would try to turn this turd into gold and sometimes they would have reasonable success. That does not make him a good leader.
Take the wall for example. He pitched an expensive solid concrete wall at first. Unless you have lived under a rock, you would know that there are drones, ladders, shovels, and explosives invented that can get stuff to the other side one way or another. Then reality starts to set in and he starts building fencing with metal slats in some places along the border. Then a miracle happens - illegal traffic decreases in such areas - the wall is working!! Let's build more of it!! Not really, illegals just started crossing elsewhere.
To this point I'm yet to meet an intelligent person that likes Trump and wants to vote for him for a reason other than that they hate the Dem candidates, the PC, the LGBTQ emphasis, tax increases, antigun activisim... This doesn't seem like an approach that will result into electing a reasonable person for this job. Let's elect a reasonable person. We have the other branches of goverment to represent our opinions and keep the administrationhonest.p
Appreciate 5
      01-22-2020, 01:29 PM   #43
bd307
Chef
Rep
Drives: Things with wheels or no wheel

Quote:
Well, I voted "no" because I'm overall dissatisfied with Trump's presidency and that was the only applicable selection. Is he doing a "terrible" job? No. He's not doing a "good" job, either.
Fair enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoker View Post
I voted no, because my perception of how he operates does not indicate that he has had an intelligent and planned approach to any of the undertakings of his administration that have turned out to be ok. What we see is that he would make a random comment in the public place that he either thinks his crowd wants to hear or it's something that his egomaniacal and narcissistic self wants to put out there and then his administration would try to turn this turd into gold and sometimes they would have reasonable success. That does not make him a good leader.
Take the wall for example. He pitched an expensive solid concrete wall at first. Unless you have lived under a rock, you would know that there are drones, ladders, shovels, and explosives invented that can get stuff to the other side one way or another. Then reality starts to set in and he starts building fencing with metal slats in some places along the border. Then a miracle happens - illegal traffic decreases in such areas - the wall is working!! Let's build more of it!! Not really, illegals just started crossing elsewhere.
To this point I'm yet to meet an intelligent person that likes Trump and wants to vote for him for a reason other than that they hate the Dem candidates, the PC, the LGBTQ emphasis, tax increases, antigun activisim... This doesn't seem like an approach that will result into electing a reasonable person for this job. Let's elect a reasonable person. We have the other branches of goverment to represent our opinions and keep the administrationhonest.p
A lot of faults in your reasoning, but I am not here to change your view. Just simply wanting to see what some of these 16 people have to say.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 01:59 PM   #44
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd307 View Post
Quote:
Fair enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoker View Post
A lot of faults in your reasoning, but I am not here to change your view. Just simply wanting to see what some of these 16 people have to say.
Do you want to hear all his faults? That might break this forum.........