BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

10-16-2013, 12:05 PM   #23
Sales@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiln View Post
A evolve non intercooled kit is available?
We can do this very easily.

The upgrade will be very easy to intercooled.

We may be able to reduce the cost further by staying 6 rib as the supercharger will be under spun to and therefore represent very little load on the belt drive.

So the upgrade to inter cooled will include the 8 rib pulley conversion, intercooler, aluminium link pipes, boost hoses, brackets, supercharger pulley and tune.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 12:09 PM   #24
kiln
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal@Evolve View Post
We can do this very easily.

The upgrade will be very easy to intercooled.

We may be able to reduce the cost further by staying 6 rib as the supercharger will be under spun to and therefore represent very little load on the belt drive.

So the upgrade to inter cooled will include the 8 rib pulley conversion, intercooler, aluminium link pipes, boost hoses, brackets, supercharger pulley and tune.

will you be releasing this option to the public with pricing or will I need to contact you privately?
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #25
Sales@Evolve
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiln View Post
will you be releasing this option to the public with pricing or will I need to contact you privately?
It's already something we can supply. We would just need to work out the pricing for it which can be done in a day or so.

We just do not like the idea of non inter cooled kits due to their inconsistent behaviour. As long as people understand the limitations of non inter cooled kits and do not have unrealistic expectations we are more than happy to offer it.

Many many people want something as high quality as this and this allows more people to come on board with a direct upgrade path to the fully engineered product.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2013, 07:40 AM   #26
jayzF30
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 335i, '09 M3

Are you planning on higher hp options with this kit and when?
      10-24-2013, 03:53 PM   #27
Verify
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Evolve Supercharger Kit - Rotrex Air-to-Air Intercooled
95mm Pulley Dynojet Session Results
6.7 PSi

The results below show various dyno pulls from a DCT car (Steven) run in 4th gear running 93 Octane Fuel.

We are also showing the first run which is always the lowest due to the DME not hitting the set ignition targets straight away. Even that first run is highly respectable I am sure you will all agree.

We are also showing consecutive runs until maximum power has been reached and then falls off slightly due to rising intake air temperatures.
Normally only one 'best' graph is shown. In this case we are showing the range of power that can be achieved based on the number of runs and the effects of heatsoak all in one.

The boost levels of this production kit has been under question and this will be the second time we show dynojet graphs indicating our quoted 6.5-6.7 PSi.

This dyno has had Steven's car on it from the very beginning when it was stock.
To begin with here are 8 stock runs vs 1 supercharger run. We can see lowest to highest numbers made and it's very much there with the rest of the good powered stock S65's.

8 Consecutive Runs Stock vs Evolve Supercharger

Power vs Torque SAE 504-539 rwhp

Power vs Boost SAE with conditions

Power vs AFR SAE

Power vs Torque Uncorrected - 517-551 rwhp

Power vs Torque STD Correction 518-553 rwhp

Thats good ,strong, smooth power you have there.
Perfect curves, doesn't look like it has any trade-offs or compromises.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 11:47 AM   #28
SECOND2NONE
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Turbo e46 m3, 2005 e55 amg

Any options to add a meth kit and increase boost to say 8 psi
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 02:29 PM   #29
M-powerMode
Private
Rep
Drives: E92M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal@Evolve
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-powerMode View Post
Cool power gains and consistency 👍
What do the AFR's look like ?
Here you go:

Afr's look good too , on the lean side but from what I've gathered everyone's do when supercharged , is there a reason for it ? More power ?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 06:11 PM   #30
Verify
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Any 60-130 times yet? With all the racing that car is doing I would think it has something to share, no?
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 06:37 PM   #31
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickeM3 View Post
Any 60-130 times yet? With all the racing that car is doing I would think it has something to share, no?
Agreed, let's get some on the list.

Good #'s Sal.
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.14s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690WHP/463WTQ
Shift-S3ctor E92 M3 - 1/2 Mile Trap Speed WR - 174.13 MPH
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2013, 09:38 PM   #32
MilehighM3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop E90 M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [6.50]
Good numbers and decent looking kit. I'm not digging all of the angles in that intercooler or it's gigantic silicone couplers though. Is this made by TTS?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 06:07 AM   #33
Sales@Evolve
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECOND2NONE View Post
Any options to add a meth kit and increase boost to say 8 psi
Hi,

sorry for the late reply.

You can have 8PSi and more very easily.

6.7 is plenty enough as you can see.

The one thing that is very little understood is real world thermal efficiency.

Keep the temperatures down and you will have high power all of the time even when under hard drag racing conditions with run after run.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 06:15 AM   #34
Sales@Evolve
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmw135er View Post
Good numbers and decent looking kit. I'm not digging all of the angles in that intercooler or it's gigantic silicone couplers though. Is this made by TTS?
Thanks.

We did not dig the angles either when we first had that made.

We tested the intercooler outside of the car (so in front of the bumper) against the same core with the regular kind of end tanks.

Didn't do anything at all.

Due to packaging constraints and how we had to change the shapes of the tubing we learnt an awful lot about what does and does not make a difference.

Even the core manufacturer was surprised because they never tried anything like this and initially said we would ideally need cast end tanks which were smooth.

Many of the kit parts are built by different companies. TTS supply the superchargers and make some of the components for us.

Some aspects of the kit may change as it's a little over engineered and maybe a little over the top. We are exploring ideas of carbon plenums, simpler bracket setup and taking production of certain parts to the USA.

Performance wise we have definitely named it wrong as it's competing with the market leading higher HP kits. The naming was based on our own dyno dynamics numbers.

It's been a really enjoyable journey for us personally here at Evolve making this kit and those that are paying the slightly higher price tag are being rewarded with a very top of the line production and some very nice torque/response on the road.

Our daily driver has the 6.7 PSi kit setup and we absolutely love driving it.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 08:53 AM   #35
SECOND2NONE
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Turbo e46 m3, 2005 e55 amg

Nevermind....

Last edited by SECOND2NONE; 11-14-2013 at 09:08 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 09:08 AM   #36
Sales@Evolve
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECOND2NONE View Post
Just pmed you, im guessing higher boost would increase thermal.. So would adding and tuning for a water/meth kit help keep it down if i choose to run higher boost. I think this will be the route i take
The supercharger is even more efficiency with the 8 PSi Pulley.

We ran that kit on our car for some time and the temperatures were almost identical.

It's only once you start spinning the blower really hard that the heat starts rising.

Steve added methanol to his kit and it made hardly any difference.
This is most likely due to our low ignition targets and the intercooler doing a fantastic job.

We would always say start with the 6.7 PSi kit. The cost of a pulley is small and we will retune for a minimal amount.

The 8 PSi kit is brutal with it's power delivery even as low as 3500rpm. You can short shift this kit and still go very very fast.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 09:12 AM   #37
rev9k
Banned
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

Quote:
Thanks.

We did not dig the angles either when we first had that made.

We tested the intercooler outside of the car (so in front of the bumper) against the same core with the regular kind of end tanks.

Didn't do anything at all.

Due to packaging constraints and how we had to change the shapes of the tubing we learnt an awful lot about what does and does not make a difference.

Even the core manufacturer was surprised because they never tried anything like this and initially said we would ideally need cast end tanks which were smooth.

Many of the kit parts are built by different companies. TTS supply the superchargers and make some of the components for us.

Some aspects of the kit may change as it's a little over engineered and maybe a little over the top. We are exploring ideas of carbon plenums, simpler bracket setup and taking production of certain parts to the USA.

Performance wise we have definitely named it wrong as it's competing with the market leading higher HP kits. The naming was based on our own dyno dynamics numbers.

It's been a really enjoyable journey for us personally here at Evolve making this kit and those that are paying the slightly higher price tag are being rewarded with a very top of the line production and some very nice torque/response on the road.

Our daily driver has the 6.7 PSi kit setup and we absolutely love driving it.

I still think the FMIC looks great, but the big silicone charge pipes gotta go.. Just look cheap IMO. You can easily use couplers and hard piping and still allow for the engine movement w/ no issues.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #38
Sales@Evolve
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughs65e90 View Post
I still think the FMIC looks great, but the big silicone charge pipes gotta go.. Just look cheap IMO. You can easily use couplers and hard piping and still allow for the engine movement w/ no issues.
Silicone hoses are used in all applications and there is a reason why we use them.
If we use a hard pipe it's going to be aluminium. Look where those hoses sit - right above the radiator and between the engine.

In aluminium they get very hot. In silicone they remain extremely cool.

While sometimes not everything looks 'expensive' there is a reason for it.

The silicone used is not just normal, it is reinforced with rung wire.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 09:35 AM   #39
rev9k
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Silicone hoses are used in all applications and there is a reason why we use them.
If we use a hard pipe it's going to be aluminium. Look where those hoses sit - right above the radiator and between the engine.

In aluminium they get very hot. In silicone they remain extremely cool.

While sometimes not everything looks 'expensive' there is a reason for it.

The silicone used is not just normal, it is reinforced with rung wire.
yeah you can tell it's reinforced; however, there's really nothing wrong w/ aluminum charge piping and its location on this car.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 09:51 AM   #40
Sales@Evolve
Rep

Quote:
yeah you can tell it's reinforced; however, there's really nothing wrong w/ aluminum charge piping and its location on this car.
Heat is wrong.

Also, adding couplers and a hard pipe increases two additional oncoming hard pipe edges. This disrupts airflow.

These silicone pipes do not look cheap in real life. No one has ever complained about this before.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 09:53 AM   #41
WayneM3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90M5

I actually like the look of the silicone hoses and the fact that they are the strange shapes which makes them look very custom.

I have the kit and had to put my snow tires on on Tuesday and now my DSC light comes on all the time. The extra power from the colder weather is very noticeable.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 10:06 AM   #42
Sales@Evolve
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneM3 View Post
I actually like the look of the silicone hoses and the fact that they are the strange shapes which makes them look very custom.

I have the kit and had to put my snow tires on on Tuesday and now my DSC light comes on all the time. The extra power from the colder weather is very noticeable.
Hi Wayne,

supercharger + snow. Should be interesting.

Cool ambient air with a front mount intercooler is a combination.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #43
rev9k
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Heat is wrong.

Also, adding couplers and a hard pipe increases two additional oncoming hard pipe edges. This disrupts airflow.

These silicone pipes do not look cheap in real life. No one has ever complained about this before.

I have never seen an issue regarding intake temps using hard piping and some of the fastest cars I know are also using aluminum charge piping. The upset air flow is really a non issue (aren't your test pipes slip fit ) also the piping is super tight against the connectors and wouldn't be an issue and is only on one side as the other would be slip fit into it.

Either way it looks good and seems to work real well
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #44
Sales@Evolve
Rep

Quote:
I have never seen an issue regarding intake temps using hard piping and some of the fastest cars I know are also using aluminum charge piping. The upset air flow is really a non issue (aren't your test pipes slip fit ) also the piping is super tight against the connectors and wouldn't be an issue and is only on one side as the other would be slip fit into it.

Either way it looks good and seems to work real well
The upset of airflow using a Rotrex is very real as the airspeed is very very high.
Everything we post about has testing behind it.

Nothing is done without reason, maybe some areas were taken too far.
Appreciate 0