BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

BPM

07-11-2015, 12:45 AM   #155
k3silk
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 M3 & 14 M5

Well got some cant wait to tackle this project.
Appreciate 2
      07-11-2015, 06:33 AM   #156
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3silk View Post
Well got some cant wait to tackle this project.
Please let me know .

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2016, 01:24 AM   #157
kamber
E90
Rep
Drives: '08 M3

Resurrecting this thread to pose a question to you guys who have done this!

Have any of you gentlemen used the rejuvenator oil/process while leaving alcantara upholstery or pieces in the car exposed? Does it clog it up or make the alcantara sticky/gunky after you let the rejuvenator oil do its thing on the leather for a day or two in the sun?

To clarify; I'm aware that this isn't for use on Alcantara, I was just wondering if it was safe to use it while leaving alcantara pieces exposed in the car since the residue and film gets everywhere by the end of the process. Debating on whether I should seran wrap my OEM performance steering wheel when I do this next week.

Thanks much!
Appreciate 1
      08-23-2016, 04:14 AM   #158
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamber View Post
Resurrecting this thread to pose a question to you guys who have done this!

Have any of you gentlemen used the rejuvenator oil/process while leaving alcantara upholstery or pieces in the car exposed? Does it clog it up or make the alcantara sticky/gunky after you let the rejuvenator oil do its thing on the leather for a day or two in the sun?

To clarify; I'm aware that this isn't for use on Alcantara, I was just wondering if it was safe to use it while leaving alcantara pieces exposed in the car since the residue and film gets everywhere by the end of the process. Debating on whether I should seran wrap my OEM performance steering wheel when I do this next week.

Thanks much!
Just wrap your steering wheel, kinda playing safe ..
Pull a plastic bag over it , and you can start with the treatment .
Let me know how it was with Leatherique ...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2016, 09:28 PM   #159
kamber
E90
Rep

Yeah, was thinking the same. Any other parts you recommend be wrapped up or covered? I was thinking about taping off all the speakers too.

Last edited by kamber; 08-24-2016 at 09:35 PM..
Appreciate 1
      08-25-2016, 05:04 AM   #160
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamber View Post
Yeah, was thinking the same. Any other parts you recommend be wrapped up or covered? I was thinking about taping off all the speakers too.
No ,I did the treatment 5 x over the years and I never had a problem with the speakers .
You can touch also plastics parts with the Rejuvenator oil , that's no problem .
No worries...You will be fine and happy with the result

Appreciate 0
      08-25-2016, 07:59 PM   #161
kamber
E90
Rep

Awesome, thanks! I'll let you guys know how it goes.
Appreciate 1
      01-10-2018, 10:45 PM   #162
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Bumping this, as once again Philippe is invaluable to the upkeep of my M3's and others should find it useful as well. Thanks Phil.
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2018, 01:30 PM   #163
BGBF18
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
A caution for folks with the PS interior. In my experience, Leatherique darkened the leather (about a .5 shade) and dulled the silvery threading.

It's noticeable to me because I carelessly treated a brand-new arm-rest and it is clearly darker than the seats (that I subsequently did not treat) now.

BL, Leatherique is amazing, but I would exercise caution on lighter leathers if you're super-picky about the coloring.

Last edited by BGBF18; 01-24-2018 at 01:36 PM..
Appreciate 1
      01-24-2018, 05:37 PM   #164
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGBF18 View Post
A caution for folks with the PS interior. In my experience, Leatherique darkened the leather (about a .5 shade) and dulled the silvery threading.

It's noticeable to me because I carelessly treated a brand-new arm-rest and it is clearly darker than the seats (that I subsequently did not treat) now.

BL, Leatherique is amazing, but I would exercise caution on lighter leathers if you're super-picky about the coloring.
That's normal , because Leatherique makes our Novillo leather matte again .
Just like it came from the factory . And matte is actually always darker .

Appreciate 0
      01-25-2018, 04:39 PM   #165
BGBF18
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
That's normal , because Leatherique makes our Novillo leather matte again .
Just like it came from the factory . And matte is actually always darker .
Normally I would agree with you, but not in this case.

The pieces I treated were brand new and OEM. If the leather had been weathered and shiny from oils this would be relevant. They were already matte, unblemished and perfect.

Leatherique darkened the color (very slightly) and dulled the threading. Kinda pissed me off actually.

I still love it and use it on all our vehicles, but I am way more careful now when treating my PS interior not to get the rejuvinator on the threading.
      01-25-2018, 07:34 PM   #166
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGBF18 View Post
Normally I would agree with you, but not in this case.

The pieces I treated were brand new and OEM. If the leather had been weathered and shiny from oils this would be relevant. They were already matte, unblemished and perfect.

Leatherique darkened the color (very slightly) and dulled the threading. Kinda pissed me off actually.

I still love it and use it on all our vehicles, but I am way more careful now when treating my PS interior not to get the rejuvinator on the threading.
OK . Roger that...

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2018, 11:23 AM   #167
SoCalRPM
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
I treated my black Novillo leather mid june with.....
Thanks for all the helpful info on this thread!

I bought a Leatherique kit like 2 or 3 years ago but never got a chance to use it before selling that car and buying a car with cloth. I'm finally getting leather (Black Novillo) again - do you think the Leatherique kit is still okay to use? It's been sitting in my closet so it hasn't gotten too warm/cold during that time. Thanks!
Appreciate 1
      07-10-2018, 03:17 PM   #168
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRPM View Post

I bought a Leatherique kit like 2 or 3 years ago but never got a chance to use it before selling that car and buying a car with cloth. I'm finally getting leather (Black Novillo) again - do you think the Leatherique kit is still okay to use? It's been sitting in my closet so it hasn't gotten too warm/cold during that time. Thanks!
It's fine. Shake it before using.
      07-10-2018, 03:47 PM   #169
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRPM View Post

Shake before using . You're fine

Appreciate 1
SoCalRPM885.50
      07-13-2018, 02:33 PM   #170
MokeJAX
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I almost purchased Leatherique, but then ran up on this article. It basically states that it is a waste of money since the "pores" will never open because it is not real leather. Any thoughts on that?

https://www.best-auto-detailing-tips...nditioner.html
Appreciate 1
Hagasan41266.00
      07-13-2018, 05:31 PM   #171
Hagasan41
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 ///M3, 1999 E36 ///M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MokeJAX View Post
I almost purchased Leatherique, but then ran up on this article. It basically states that it is a waste of money since the "pores" will never open because it is not real leather. Any thoughts on that?

You know what they say, “an option is like an a$$ hole. Everyone has one.”

Leather still benefits from cleaning and conditioning. The Leatherique line is great, but my new favorite is Swissvax. The leather milk is fantastic along with the cleaner it’s more expensive but less work than Leatherique.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2018, 10:15 PM   #172
MokeJAX
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagasan41 View Post
You know what they say, “an option is like an a$$ hole. Everyone has one.”

Leather still benefits from cleaning and conditioning. The Leatherique line is great, but my new favorite is Swissvax. The leather milk is fantastic along with the cleaner it’s more expensive but less work than Leatherique.
Makes sense, but I'm just curious if its overkill and it actually doesnt do much more than a cheaper premium cleaner/conditioner?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2018, 06:27 AM   #173
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MokeJAX View Post

Pretty much spot on. Modern typical production car leathers like in BMWs are top coated once dyed. You can't get anything to "soak" into the leather unless the top coat is worn off; except if the top coat is violated, you do not want any oil product to soak into the leather since it's a b**** to later prep the leather for redying and top coating. I have a close friend that runs a business restoring leather on high end cars who has told me about cars that have come to him where the owner was using Leatherique to try to revive top coat violated seats...not a nice thing to have to deal with.

I long ago had this discussion with one of the top detailers in the country, and he pointed me toward Leather Masters cleaner and Protection Cream. It uses no oils which are pointless on our leather. The PC does a great job at laying down a nice smooth matte finish that helps protect the top coat from dirt and wear.
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2018, 06:53 AM   #174
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Who to believe. Excellent DIY from a guy with a lot of years in the business. I showed this video to my detailer and asked him to do it for me. The owner wouldn't allow him to because it's not a product/service they offer to have it sitting on a car for 24 hours.

Appreciate 1
      10-21-2018, 07:47 PM   #175
NeverL8
Captain
Rep
Drives: Slow

I want to say thank you to OP for giving me the motivation to get my leather treated with Leatherique. I followed the instructions and results were amazing! I’m definitely going to do it once a year. Here are the before and after but the pictures don’t do it’s justice. I will upload some more pictures tomorrow, I couldn’t get the right angle because of the sun.

Appreciate 1
      10-22-2018, 10:38 AM   #176
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRussski View Post
I want to say thank you to OP for giving me the motivation to get my leather treated with Leatherique. I followed the instructions and results were amazing! I’m definitely going to do it once a year. Here are the before and after but the pictures don’t do it’s justice. I will upload some more pictures tomorrow, I couldn’t get the right angle because of the sun.

All my pleasure .Glad to hear you like the results of the Leatherique treatment

Appreciate 0