BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

EXXEL Distributions

12-01-2012, 11:33 PM   #1
SouthShoreM3
Passes everything but the gas station
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Mckenna Bmw Review

HEY YA'LL,

I hope that everyone is having a good weekend and enjoying their cars in good spirits. I am in MA and we just got our first sight of snow. Unfortunately, I think the mountains are still hurting.

Anyways, I have been a long time avid reader on thse forums for the last several years and do share the ocassional response to a thread. I have to say that comign from a long time relationship of Audi and M-B, BMW has been by far my best experience I have ever had owning a vehicle from signing the POS, to routine service, to just talking cars. I have developed some great friends through this "brotherhood and fraternity" we call the M division.

I am not one to usually do write ups on vendors good or bad. I need to observe and assess the development of the business transaction and relationship before reacting implusively. Afterall, everyone is treated well at the beginning when someone wants to give you money...ha i kid!

With me being on the east coast and MCKENNA being on the west, I was a bit hesitant on the service and relationship STRICTLY BECAUSE I am visual and handsa on type of person (as i am sure many of us are).

I had been driving myself crazy about a SC for my 2010 E90 M3 for quite some time and finally in September decided to pull the trigger. I know ESS is so well established in this community, but I wanted to go the route fo VF (i had a VF supercharger on my 2008 RS4 and had great success with the product).

I spoke with several forum sponsors during this shopping time, but conversations I had with Robert at VF and initially Phillip at MCKENNA gave me great service and insight plus an offer on a kit that I could not refuse.

During the sale process it was extremely easy and since this was the first purchasing something from a west coast distributor, they guided me through the authorization process with ease. During this phase Marcos was the go to person now.

Since the time of purchasing the VF540 kit (i pulled back on the 620...cause..well I am just an idiot) it has been great experience. The product knowledge and support that Marcos and know his assistant Gilbert have given me has been exceptional. They care more about making the customer happy and getting the product that the customer wants, more than making as much profit as they can. I greatly respect this business approach.

Yes, I understand that they are a very large corporation so bottom line is more attainable in other aspects. However, I follow this same approach with my business on a day to day basis. Yes there is a GP% we are seeking to hit, but it is always about the customer and their needs and you do whatever you can to make them happy.

I had a particular deadline that I needed this kit and there seemed to be quite a back lo at VF with the number of kits they were making. We were around 4-5 week mark and I asked Marcos to see what he could do to get this kit to me before the Thanksgiving holiday. Unfortunately, we were not able to get the manifold painted. Marcos did however make great strides to get the kit to me even before the deadline that I needed by making a sacrifice on his own end to making this happen.

I could go on for quite a while about the service and relationship I have built with the team over at MCKENNA. In fact, I truly wish I had them over here on the east coast.

As of right now, I am trying to get my kit installed at my BMW dealer as they have one of the best techs that I could ever trust to touch and work on my car. unfortunately, the company has a intermin service and parts manager that oversees all of the dealerships (mazda, honda, acura) and does not understand one thing about a BMW customer. Let alone an M customer who has given this dealer a great deal of business through new client referrals and DINAN products over the last 30+ months. There are other tuners in MA, but none that i truly trust to touch my baby, who is 10 miles from my house and who I have developed great trust and friendships with.

Anyways, I mention this because Marcos at MCKENNA has even gone out of his way to helping assist in this manner. This is truly an exceptional company, they can get any part you need, at prices that many cannot even compete with and most importantly their service and communication has been impeccable. There are many great vendors out there and we all know who they are. Add MCKENNA to that list.

I have developed another good friendship with Marcos and I would recommend anyone that I know who is looking for upgrades (OEM or aftermarket) to reach out to MCKENNA.

I will report back on the VF540 kit once I get the bloody thing installed. Hopefully should be wrapped up this week.

Thank you for taking the time to read and I do hope that this adds some value out there. I see alot of good reviews out there and alot of bad ones. Choosing MCKENNA has given me a stress free life for modding..even with being on the other side of the country!

Cheers and drive in good safety. Its the holiday season so tiz the time for insane driving time!

Andrew -Boston, MA
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 08:12 AM   #2
S65NAPWR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Good to hear and thanks for reporting some good news on a vendor!
      12-03-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
McKenna Performance
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Thanks for the support and for doing this awesome write up. It really was a pleasure working with you and hope to continue growing that relationship. Let me or Marco know if there is anything else we can help you or your friends out with and we'll do our best to make it happen!

-Gilbert
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 02:09 PM   #4
WingZeroX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 / F30

just curious, won't they void your warranty?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 03:02 PM   #5
Wendall
***Major MammelToe
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 SG coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenna Performance View Post
Thanks for the support and for doing this awesome write up. It really was a pleasure working with you and hope to continue growing that relationship. Let me or Marco know if there is anything else we can help you or your friends out with and we'll do our best to make it happen!

-Gilbert
Hey Gilbert,

I have a OEM performance wing sitting at my house, and a Megan Racing exhaust that I want to install. Can you PM me pricing on the installation. I was thinking that I can swing by on Friday afternoon.

Thanks
Steve
E92 M3 SG DCT - AA Filter, Verstraβe Paddles, ECS SS, MH race stud, Stoptech BBK, MR Exhaust,RE Pulley, BPM Tune,Euro bumper and GTS lip, Euro MDM & DCT, KW CS, Recaro PP, TMS Soild Diff Mounts, MRF solid subframe mounts, GTS aero, RPM track built motor.

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #6
McKenna Performance
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggynuts01 View Post
Hey Gilbert,

I have a OEM performance wing sitting at my house, and a Megan Racing exhaust that I want to install. Can you PM me pricing on the installation. I was thinking that I can swing by on Friday afternoon.

Thanks
Steve
PM coming your way sir!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 04:41 PM   #7
Wendall
***Major MammelToe
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 SG coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenna Performance View Post
PM coming your way sir!
Gilbert, have not received a pm yet.
E92 M3 SG DCT - AA Filter, Verstraβe Paddles, ECS SS, MH race stud, Stoptech BBK, MR Exhaust,RE Pulley, BPM Tune,Euro bumper and GTS lip, Euro MDM & DCT, KW CS, Recaro PP, TMS Soild Diff Mounts, MRF solid subframe mounts, GTS aero, RPM track built motor.

Appreciate 0
      12-04-2012, 11:08 AM   #8
McKenna Performance
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggynuts01 View Post
Gilbert, have not received a pm yet.
Let me know if you would like me to schedule you in for Friday.

Thanks
Appreciate 0