BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

01-07-2010, 08:53 PM   #1
michin
Rep
Drives: Silverstone 2009 M3 Sedan

Exclamation Navigation Audio Volume Not Staying Put

From what I understand the Navigation Volume can be adjusted while the lady is talking. It can also be adjuste while she is talking under Volume->Tones as well.

I'm having an issue with both methods of adjusting the volume, and a third with nav volume while on the phone.

When using the Volume->Tone setting, the lady talks and you adjust the volume as she talks up or down. When I adjust it as she speaks it goes up. I move the bar to + all the way to max and it stays there, then as she repeats what she said, the volume is at minimum again, but the bar shows max.

Then, while actually in nav mode driving, the volume is really low. I adjust it as she talks so its loud (btw the radio volume is also increasing in volume as well as the nav voice). It is now loud enough for me to hear. Then I have her repeat the last command and the volume is at minimum again.

And finally, I'm driving in Nav mode and get a phone call via bluetooth. Talking to someone on the phone and the Nav is screaming at me full volume as I'm on the phone.

Was this thing purposefully built this way or do I have something defective that needs to be looked at? I'm actually hoping its defective, but who knows, it could have just been poorly thought out by whoever designed it.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 09:20 AM   #2
pesh
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 Black M4 Convertible

Garage List
I'm curious about an answer to this too. I have a 2009 M3 Convertible.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 09:59 AM   #3
michin
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesh View Post
You have the same issue?

I'm bringing it in thursday to have the OEM alarm installed. I'm curious to see if the software upgrade fixes the issue, but I'm going to bring it up to the service advisor as well and see what he says.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2010, 02:32 PM   #4
michin
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by michin View Post
You have the same issue?

I'm bringing it in thursday to have the OEM alarm installed. I'm curious to see if the software upgrade fixes the issue, but I'm going to bring it up to the service advisor as well and see what he says.

ok well, alarm programming failed so its at the dealer for another day, but I was told there is definitely something wrong with the nav volume as it isnt working as it should
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2010, 10:39 AM   #5
michin
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesh View Post
ok well issue partially solved and the part that wasnt solved is not broken

I put in the alrm retrofit and had it programmed. After the programming the nav volume stays put and strangely enough, the nav volume setting in the tones->Volume menu is now gone and only contains the gong and speed volume settings.

So it seems programming in the alarm over wrote a portion of the iDrive programming and fixed a few things. Even with all that working now the nav still screams at me while I'm on the phone, although hitting the nav mute works well.
Appreciate 0