BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-28-2006, 10:38 AM   #1
aapriadi
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 AW 320i

should i trade in?

okay i might be moving to hawaii late next year to pursue my MBA
here's the thing: first i dunno if i can ship my e90 there or not, can anyone help me on this?
second, i just dropped my car at the workshop this morning and then went home in my friend's 350z...no mods whatsoever on his...but damn i love the sound of its exhaust and its power (i'm satisfied with its torque and hp, they're just right to my liking)
the interior is okay and i do love the g35 as well since it has similar engine to the z...but this is just a wild thought though, who knows what will happen! but i just want opinions..so what do you guys think? should i stick with e90 or trade it in for perhaps a 350z or g35? be it new or used
thanks
      06-28-2006, 10:42 AM   #2
Hawkshaw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive28i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aapriadi
here's the thing: first i dunno if i can ship my e90 there or not, can anyone help me on this?
second, i just dropped my car at the workshop this morning and then went home in my friend's 350z...no mods whatsoever on his...but damn i love the sound of its exhaust and its power (i'm satisfied with its torque and hp, they're just right to my liking)
the interior is okay and i do love the g35 as well since it has similar engine to the z...but this is just a wild thought though, who knows what will happen! but i just want opinions..so what do you guys think? should i stick with e90 or trade it in for perhaps a 350z or g35? be it new or used
thanks
I considered the g35 sedan when purchasing my e90, but the BMW was hands down the better car (for me). That being said, the 2007 g35 is redesigned, so maybe it's gotten better.

I'm sure you can ship you car to Hawaii - cars get there somehow, right?

Don't know much about the 350z, but the little I do know suggests that it's a fine car. Think about going from a sedan to a coupe though and make sure it'll still fit your lifestyle.

Good luck!
      06-28-2006, 10:48 AM   #3
aapriadi
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep

thanks for the quick reply!
i havent driven the g35 or 350z at all, perhaps i should try it soon and decide
i love both cars coz its a coupe and yes it'll fit my lifestyle since i dont have a gf and that i'm an international student hahahaha! hence most of the time there will only be me in the car
obviously if i got the cash, i'll go with 335i or the new m3
but i dont think i'll have that kind of money ready by next year..

oh and one more thing i've already done some mods to the e90...i guess i should keep it huh?
      06-28-2006, 01:58 PM   #4
330ionMaui
Let's See...Bimmer or Lotus today?
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i TiAg ZSP, ZPP

Auto Shipping to Hawaii with Matson

You can definitely ship your E90 from OH to Hawaii. Take a look at the following link:

http://www.matson.com/pov/index.htm

The car has to be driven or trucked to the west coast then it's placed on a Matson barge. We see cars shipped from the furthest end of the USA...Maine, Florida. It's pretty funny when you see a clunker like a 1989 Ford Probe that's been shipped . Even if such a person's financial situation dictates they ship a car one has to wonder "why not just drive that car over a cliff before you move to Hawaii and buy another used clunker when you get here." An E90 is definitely a car worth shipping!

Aloha and good luck with your move! University of HI?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2006, 02:02 PM   #5
Hawkshaw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive28i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
thanks for the quick reply!
i havent driven the g35 or 350z at all, perhaps i should try it soon and decide
i love both cars coz its a coupe and yes it'll fit my lifestyle since i dont have a gf and that i'm an international student hahahaha! hence most of the time there will only be me in the car
obviously if i got the cash, i'll go with 335i or the new m3
but i dont think i'll have that kind of money ready by next year..

oh and one more thing i've already done some mods to the e90...i guess i should keep it huh?
Keeping it is probably the most cost-effective move. Then, when you're finished school in Hawaii and get back to the continental US, maybe you'll have saved enough money for a 2008 M3.

Good luck.
      06-28-2006, 03:00 PM   #6
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i MSport

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
thanks
Check with Matson or Horizon. I had 2 cars shipped over here. Make sure they containerize it. Find a really good transport company with the enclosed truck to prevent damage. I had $4k of damage to my other new car because of transporting. If you can drive it yourself would be best and then catch a quick flight here. From there to here is only a few days. They quoted me about $899 if you ship it from Cali. I paid $2200 from SC to here. MBA here? Are you sure you want to go to school here? If you can I would suggest going to school somewhere else if that is possible. Unless you must come here. Rent is expensive as well as the cost of living. Rent for a small apt is $1000-1500 and 2 bedroom is $1500-1800. I pay $2300 for a 3 br house and that is not that bad. Everything costs here so consider that. Now the upside is that the beaches are never more than 15 from any direction. Mostly sunny all the time and temps are great. Rains in spurts especially in the mountains but mostly at night. No need for winter tires. The scenery is nice. I see the ocean everytime I come home. Pack your winter clothes in the attic since you will never need them! Just think about your move before you get here. I'm doing my MHA online later this year.
      06-28-2006, 03:02 PM   #7
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
Oh yeah, not that many 3's running around here. Or atleast I don't see them.
      06-28-2006, 06:37 PM   #8
aapriadi
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiann
Check with Matson or Horizon. I had 2 cars shipped over here. Make sure they containerize it. Find a really good transport company with the enclosed truck to prevent damage. I had $4k of damage to my other new car because of transporting. If you can drive it yourself would be best and then catch a quick flight here. From there to here is only a few days. They quoted me about $899 if you ship it from Cali. I paid $2200 from SC to here. MBA here? Are you sure you want to go to school here? If you can I would suggest going to school somewhere else if that is possible. Unless you must come here. Rent is expensive as well as the cost of living. Rent for a small apt is $1000-1500 and 2 bedroom is $1500-1800. I pay $2300 for a 3 br house and that is not that bad. Everything costs here so consider that. Now the upside is that the beaches are never more than 15 from any direction. Mostly sunny all the time and temps are great. Rains in spurts especially in the mountains but mostly at night. No need for winter tires. The scenery is nice. I see the ocean everytime I come home. Pack your winter clothes in the attic since you will never need them! Just think about your move before you get here. I'm doing my MHA online later this year.

dang school's expensive there huh! i dunno which uni i'm gonna go to yet, have to ask around. but i can confirm after december, i mean its still a long way to go and i'm still lookin around at other schools as well. its just that i wanna be in a new environment hehe
we'll see how it goes but i definitely go to hawaii for my next holiday
      06-28-2006, 06:47 PM   #9
tl_boy
Major
Rep
Drives: tl

i actually prefer the 350Z to the G35. I've seen modded versions of both, and a modded G35 just doesn't look right. Stock, black, with sport package does look hot though i think th 350z convt is nicer..
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2006, 06:51 PM   #10
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
g35 are nice... but they are pretty heavy for a coupe

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2006, 07:08 PM   #11
aapriadi
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep

ah thanks everyone! i definitely love the 350z better than the g35, no idea why hahaha! the fairlady looks chubbier and sexier too
the thing is i already done some mods to my e90, everything will be done in september hopefully...i may sell the e90 to a bmw-lover or give this car to my sister in santa clara then purchase the 350z...or i might sell it asap if i find a good deal
buttttt.....i've heard about superchargers being developed for the e90...i think imma stop modding and save up...who knows by next year i can get the 335i instead of the 350z
oh if any of you know someone who wanna sell their 350z preferably with low mileage, pls pm me! thanks!
      06-28-2006, 07:43 PM   #12
tl_boy
Major
Rep
Drives: tl

The 335i doesn't add much from what I've seen. :ducks and runs: Blasphemy? No. Not impressed (besides, isn't it the old engine?). Thats why when so many are drooling over the 335i, i'm saying wait for the M3.

Another thing that may be cool is to try to fit the 335's turbo with the N52 engine we have. the engine is lighter and newer, we may produce more power.

By the way, S/C kits for the 350z are already out and used, i'm sure you're aware, but thats a point to consider - its not in the future, you can do it now.

Quote:
ah thanks everyone! i definitely love the 350z better than the g35, no idea why hahaha! the fairlady looks chubbier and sexier too
the thing is i already done some mods to my e90, everything will be done in september hopefully...i may sell the e90 to a bmw-lover or give this car to my sister in santa clara then purchase the 350z...or i might sell it asap if i find a good deal
buttttt.....i've heard about superchargers being developed for the e90...i think imma stop modding and save up...who knows by next year i can get the 335i instead of the 350z
oh if any of you know someone who wanna sell their 350z preferably with low mileage, pls pm me! thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2006, 12:07 PM   #13
aapriadi
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tl_boy
The 335i doesn't add much from what I've seen. :ducks and runs: Blasphemy? No. Not impressed (besides, isn't it the old engine?). Thats why when so many are drooling over the 335i, i'm saying wait for the M3.

Another thing that may be cool is to try to fit the 335's turbo with the N52 engine we have. the engine is lighter and newer, we may produce more power.

By the way, S/C kits for the 350z are already out and used, i'm sure you're aware, but thats a point to consider - its not in the future, you can do it now.
i was sayin s/c kits for the e90 homie, not the 350z!
      06-29-2006, 01:51 PM   #14
jojogargoles
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

IMO ill get the G35 because of class and its INFINITY i know they are sister company but the interior of G35 is far better than the 350Z.

you have BMW why go to a lower brand? at least try to match it so G35 is the one i suggest.

OR

SAVE money have your car deliver and trade it if the new M3 comes out. that's what im gonna do.
      06-29-2006, 02:00 PM   #15
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
dang school's expensive there huh! i dunno which uni i'm gonna go to yet, have to ask around. but i can confirm after december, i mean its still a long way to go and i'm still lookin around at other schools as well. its just that i wanna be in a new environment hehe
we'll see how it goes but i definitely go to hawaii for my next holiday
I believe the University of Hawaii has an MBA program as well as University of Phoenix. The scenery is nice but can get old if you don't like going to the beach and water sports. The city is all about tourism and everyone seems to work downtown. If I were a single guy I would probably live in Waikiki and get a furnished condo for like $1500 a month. You could walk to the beach and all of the entertainment is within walking distance. Schools are not that far away either. Well if you have some questions just let me know and I will be happy to answer. I will even come pick you up from the airport as a fellow E90 member.
      06-29-2006, 02:10 PM   #16
aapriadi
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojogargoles
IMO ill get the G35 because of class and its INFINITY i know they are sister company but the interior of G35 is far better than the 350Z.

you have BMW why go to a lower brand? at least try to match it so G35 is the one i suggest.

OR

SAVE money have your car deliver and trade it if the new M3 comes out. that's what im gonna do.
somehow i dont really care about interior, i mean as long as i can have power heated leather seats and power windows i'm good
i think the 350z looks better once you put the bodykits on, i love the chubby looks of 350z...the g35 looks more feminine imo
and the new m3 will cost a lot i guess, o well we'll see
      06-29-2006, 11:58 PM   #17
aapriadi
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
I believe the University of Hawaii has an MBA program as well as University of Phoenix. The scenery is nice but can get old if you don't like going to the beach and water sports. The city is all about tourism and everyone seems to work downtown. If I were a single guy I would probably live in Waikiki and get a furnished condo for like $1500 a month. You could walk to the beach and all of the entertainment is within walking distance. Schools are not that far away either. Well if you have some questions just let me know and I will be happy to answer. I will even come pick you up from the airport as a fellow E90 member.

thanks for the info man! dammnnnn i gotta go to hawaii i guess, its been my dream
i have to decide by early next year if i wanna go to hawaii for my MBA, i'm looking forward to hawaii though..i could use a new environment
      06-30-2006, 02:49 AM   #18
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
Anytime!
      06-30-2006, 02:50 AM   #19
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
Don't let me tell you about the women here!
      06-30-2006, 12:17 PM   #20
aapriadi
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep

Quote:
Don't let me tell you about the women here!
dang they must be gorgeous
but i'm just plain unlucky, so far i havent got a gf ever since i moved to the u.s in jan 04..hence i decided to keep myself busy with work and my interest in cars and tuning...hopefully i'll get a good hawaiian gf who enjoys food as much as i do especially seafood and sushi
any car shows in hawaii? i may keep the e90 for those since my exterior is almost done...next year will be the time for interior and engine tuning
      06-30-2006, 02:24 PM   #21
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz
g35 are nice... but they are pretty heavy for a coupe
I agree, i test drove it a couple of months ago, there just alot of steel to haul around in its extra HP. the 3 series is overall and very well balance car
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2006, 02:53 PM   #22
aapriadi
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep

al, u gettin an m3 soon? what happened to the e90? i might trade mine for a 350z, ever test drove it?