BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

04-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #45
Braap
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 2013 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnnerdboy
On the bright side the e90 chassis will live on.....
+1
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #46
vertebra
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i vert

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookandpull View Post
China will milk this for all its worth... They will rape and pillage BMW for every last drawing and schematic and then start another god awful Chinese brand car to use all of their free designs they accumulated from BMW. How many American made TVs do you see out there? Oh yeah there is only one left and their name is Zenith. Once upon a time all TVs were designed and manufactured here in the good ole USA. It wasnt until the manufacturers got greedy and decided to save money by having Japan build them and now look what happened.
Apple is going through that with Samsung now.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #47
s4awd
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 GT3RS, 08 E92 M3, 06 Evo IX

I don't see what's the big deal. Everything is made in China now. As long as the design and quality control is the same, I could care less where it's made. I'd prefer a new Chinese built E90 with warranty than looking for a used model especially if the Chinese cars cost less. I'll just replace the badge
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #48
panayiotis
Rep
Drives: 2012 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperboost
so many people here are OVER reacting!!! you guys are being spoiled so much for being American. that Chinese company can make cars affordable for people to buy cars. BMW manufactured in China also makes buyers pay less for those models.
let say you want to buy a E92 M3 in China. it costs about $180K DOLLARS for a fully loaded one. sounds crazy? if a M3 costs that much in the US, some people will start crying and bitching about US regulations and policies.
We take everything for granted nowadays....unbelievable!
An M3 costs that much in Australia. People still buy them.

The move to china is much more about the future, and the comments regarding exporting are throwaways to keep the local officials happy that they are not taking advantage.

By the way, back when Spartanburg opened the whole world was saying what you guys are saying about china, was it fair then?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #49
igom3
Major
Rep
Drives: 02 E46M3 15 F80 M3 16 X5 35d

Garage List
2016 X5 35d  [0.00]
2015 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 E46 M3  [0.00]
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #50
StealYourFace
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M 6mt, E36 M3

I bet the Zhi Nuo dealership's service dept is full of broken promises....
      04-04-2013, 07:27 PM   #51
Juswokap
Enlisted Member
China
Rep
Drives: E89 z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan
It's seriously lame that China requires automakers to develop a new brand if they want to assemble cars in China under a partnership with a domestic company.
It seems that most of the users here don't really understand what BMW is doing in China. China as the second biggest market for BMW consumption in the world is doing really good in the past ten years. We have the imported, the German made bmws and also the joint venture BMWchina, which mainly makes e90, f30, x1,5series. It's just like any other BMW plant in the world making the BMW standard quality cars. The new brand ZhiNuo, is not a BMW car, it's just a Chinese made car that use the old E90 production line in order to rejuvenate the classic car with a much lower cost. The imported bmws in china are pretty expensive, like my E89 is 100000 US dollars. And the new F30 is 70000US dollars. The new plant is buildingF30, still remains the old plant, why not make good use of it and produce much lower priced cars for more car lovers. Believe me there are just as much BMW fans in china as in the world, we would not accept an lame car wit a BMW logo on. Hope people would drop your pre-concept, and really visit this amazing fast developing country.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 07:32 PM   #52
Juswokap
Enlisted Member
China
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by panayiotis
Quote:
so many people here are OVER reacting!!! you guys are being spoiled so much for being American. that Chinese company can make cars affordable for people to buy cars. BMW manufactured in China also makes buyers pay less for those models.
let say you want to buy a E92 M3 in China. it costs about $180K DOLLARS for a fully loaded one. sounds crazy? if a M3 costs that much in the US, some people will start crying and bitching about US regulations and policies.

The move to china is much more about the future, and the comments regarding exporting are throwaways to keep the local officials happy that they are not taking advantage.

By the way, back when Spartanburg opened the whole world was saying what you guys are saying about china, was it fair then?
When u r doubting about the Chinese made BMW. But unfortunately, the Chinese made F10 5 series are exported to America. And the quality seemed pretty good. On the contrary some US made X5 has some problems. Indeed.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 07:35 PM   #53
Juswokap
Enlisted Member
China
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4awd
I don't see what's the big deal. Everything is made in China now. As long as the design and quality control is the same, I could care less where it's made. I'd prefer a new Chinese built E90 with warranty than looking for a used model especially if the Chinese cars cost less. I'll just replace the badge
Frankly the E90 has been making in china for 8 years, it's BMW china company. And the quality is up to the international standard. The f10 is also exported to America. We r a developing country, but we have nice manufacture skills and faith to make good stuff. It's 2013 now, things changed. Come and visit this booming country. Foreigners love it.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #54
Juswokap
Enlisted Member
China
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by panayiotis
Quote:

Treasure the m3 costs 200000 US dollars in china still people buy it as well. The move for BMW is not selling cars. They are plenty of rich people buying the original imported bmws in china. But BMW wants to earn more and build the brand more close to the average people. So that's why the new F30 is imported and F35 made in china, and also keep the old E90 for a new joint brand, with a much lower price for young people who cannot really afford a imported ones, but still can get it as their first driving dynamic car. It's a Chinese car not a BMW. So people just relax.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 07:46 PM   #55
Juswokap
Enlisted Member
China
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishCoffee
Nothing like a Chinese made German car...
But ironically enough,the E 90 production lines in china produces one of the highest quality bmws, this is the statistics in 2010, when most of the Chinese buyers would like to pay more tax for the original e90 imported. Chinese rich people are not stupid, we spend money also for the driving pleasure not just the logo.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #56
hyperboost
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 Boxster Corvette M5C

I agree with majorityof the posts on page 3. It's not like China is producing shitty cars and ruining BMW brand name.
To be honest I prefer cars being manufactured in Germany !
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 09:22 PM   #57
Das_Stig
I don't drink water. Fish fuck in it.
Rep
Drives: e90 335xi
Location: Some say he naturally faces magnetic north, and that all of his legs are hydraulic...

this is disrespectful to my e90..

oem blacklines, m3 rep front. waiting for install oem m3 sides... coming soon. csl trunk mtech rear and more.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 10:12 PM   #58
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishCoffee View Post
There is a big difference between American made and Chinese made.

Plus those cars are made for the American market.
How's that?
WHy don't you drive a Dodge or Chrysler, then?
Because it is a piece of crap.

As someone mentioned, iPhones are made in Shenzhen Foxconn factory and they are "OK".
Audis are made in China (for their market) and are fine...
Buicks made in Pudong's factory are better quality than the US made ones...
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 10:15 PM   #59
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

I never thought BMW will drop its pants just to penetrate chinese market.
It is about pride too and I will really give my money to a companythat keeps its verticality.
If this will hapen, I will lose my respect for BMW.

Last edited by Teutonic; 04-04-2013 at 10:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 10:20 PM   #60
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
I never thought BMW will drop its pants just to penetrate chinese market.
If I will be BMW, I will say, "This is who I am, take it or leave it".
If this will hapen, I will lose my respect for BMW.
You do know that BMWs have been made in China for many years now and the quality is just like the rest of them, light years ahead of Ford or Dodge, for example...
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 10:48 PM   #61
poosamjam
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 e92 328i

All this time BMW owners bought BMW due to German built and quality... Now BMW is going the marketing path ruining its name.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 11:13 PM   #62
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr335is View Post
You do know that BMWs have been made in China for many years now and the quality is just like the rest of them, light years ahead of Ford or Dodge, for example...
Mine were build in Germany and so they will stay. It the chinese cars are coming, from my point of view they can keep them.

Also, if the chinese cars are coming and they do call themselves the BMW poorer brother, I will also ditch BMW. I will not stay to point out, "no, look at the badge, mine is not a JunkZu it's a bimmer"...
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 11:15 PM   #63
py0413
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Slow

I hope the M cars will never be built in China, but who knows, anything is possible.
      04-04-2013, 11:25 PM   #64
Fraggy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookandpull View Post
China will milk this for all its worth... They will rape and pillage BMW for every last drawing and schematic and then start another god awful Chinese brand car to use all of their free designs they accumulated from BMW. How many American made TVs do you see out there? Oh yeah there is only one left and their name is Zenith. Once upon a time all TVs were designed and manufactured here in the good ole USA. It wasnt until the manufacturers got greedy and decided to save money by having Japan build them and now look what happened.
Unfortunately, it's a damned-if-you, damned-if-you-don't situation for all car manufacturers when it comes to dealing with China.
Id say F$ck china then....

Don't be greedy and maintain some integrity.

Anything that's helps the Chinese degrades the world order.
2020 M340
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 11:51 PM   #65
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr335is View Post
You know, Ford and Dodge do not cost like a BMW. However, Ford's quality improved tremendously in the last years.

If I pay for the image than show me that you do work to keep it!
If you wash it with shity manufacturers, do not expect me to show you respect, or more, give you a premium price for a non premium car.

And I don't care about the quality neither. If you become a greedy SOB and want to build it for 20k and want me to give you 60k you can keep your junk. I don't mind to give that litle extra for your premium image as soon as you keep it. I want you to show me respect as a customer too.
Regardless what people are saying, there willbe quality cuts.
Oh, well, if BMW wants to become the new Toyota, by all means, but not on my pocket.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 12:04 AM   #66
ken1137
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW S1000XR

Garage List
2009 e90 335i  [6.40]
2.84 million car deliveries in Jan and Feb alone. BMW is simply following the money....Cha Ching! Export ?! talk about total # of issues per 100 cars.

BMWCCA member
Appreciate 0