BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

07-02-2019, 06:28 PM   #1
Hos
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6sp

EOI: Part Out

NA - car now sold

Last edited by Hos; 08-31-2019 at 03:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2019, 03:19 PM   #2
MJBO
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2023 G81 M3 Touring

Garage List
I'd be surprised if a driving, functional car is worth the hassle and money of parting it out. Other than needing a clutch, is it really that bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hos View Post
Extremely rare (i have been told) S752A Individual audio system
Eh, not really. Less common, but plenty of cars out there with it.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2019, 07:00 PM   #3
Rajvosa
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

do you mean part out the parts or part with the car and wanting to know how much the car is worth?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2019, 07:12 PM   #4
Hos
Australia
Rep

I was thinking to wreck it Adin. I has a few other things that are starting to cause dramas. Potentially coil packs and throttle actuators, needs new precat o2 sensors, it has a snapped diff mount. All fixable stuff but in reality whats its worth? 30k? If someone will buy it... Im just considering options
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2019, 07:14 PM   #5
Hos
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJBO View Post
I'd be surprised if a driving, functional car is worth the hassle and money of parting it out. Other than needing a clutch, is it really that bad?

Eh, not really. Less common, but plenty of cars out there with it.
Im just considering options. There are a few other things as mentioned below. Thanks for the clarification re the audio system. It sounds incredible though!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2019, 07:23 PM   #6
Rajvosa
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hos View Post
I was thinking to wreck it Adin. I has a few other things that are starting to cause dramas. Potentially coil packs and throttle actuators, needs new precat o2 sensors, it has a snapped diff mount. All fixable stuff but in reality whats its worth? 30k? If someone will buy it... Im just considering options
ahhhhhhh ok got it haha

hmmm yeah i agree man. 30 if that i guess but im not too into E9X prices .
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2019, 10:44 AM   #7
perth1
Private
Rep
Drives: E90

Hi,
I think you would make more by selling it as a complete vehicle.
You could try to let Pickles or Manheim attempt to sell it for you at their salvage auction, as a car that is licensed, runs, drives, but with high km. In the past I have seen many idiots at those auctions that think that the value is a lot more than current value, and bid like crazy. (It may work, and if it doesn't you pay only an entry fee and get it back if it doesn't meet the reserve price you agree with them).

If you were to sell it part by part, it would take you 'years' to sell the last few parts, and perhaps you don't get as much as you hoped.

For example selling parts, you would probably just get in the range of 6k for that high km. engine. If it had been half the km you could probably have got the double of that. Cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2019, 07:45 PM   #8
Qikish
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92 MY11 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by perth1 View Post
Hi,
I think you would make more by selling it as a complete vehicle.
You could try to let Pickles or Manheim attempt to sell it for you at their salvage auction, as a car that is licensed, runs, drives, but with high km. In the past I have seen many idiots at those auctions that think that the value is a lot more than current value, and bid like crazy. (It may work, and if it doesn't you pay only an entry fee and get it back if it doesn't meet the reserve price you agree with them).

If you were to sell it part by part, it would take you 'years' to sell the last few parts, and perhaps you don't get as much as you hoped.

For example selling parts, you would probably just get in the range of 6k for that high km. engine. If it had been half the km you could probably have got the double of that. Cheers
This is exactly what i was going to suggest! It is at the very least worth a try.
Appreciate 0