BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

BPM

08-02-2021, 06:40 AM   #1
sct911
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

E92 m3 cold start delete

Due to the current Sydney lockdown, is there any way I can do a cold start delete at home ? Carly or any other app ? Would it be possible for workshops to do it remotely ?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 04:15 PM   #2
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sct911 View Post
Due to the current Sydney lockdown, is there any way I can do a cold start delete at home ? Carly or any other app ? Would it be possible for workshops to do it remotely ?

Cheers
Quote:

Cheers
You can remove cold start but if you do you may as well do a stage 1 tune as you need the same hardware and the cost would be the same. It's something I discussed with Mike Benvo some time ago but commercially there's no real call for it. A stage 1 is mild and would be the way to go, at least you get some other benefits at the same time
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6727.00
      08-03-2021, 07:06 AM   #3
sct911
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post
You can remove cold start but if you do you may as well do a stage 1 tune as you need the same hardware and the cost would be the same. It's something I discussed with Mike Benvo some time ago but commercially there's no real call for it. A stage 1 is mild and would be the way to go, at least you get some other benefits at the same time
hey dave, so the stage 1 can be done at home? i only have a mac laptop, would the software work?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 03:52 PM   #4
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
hey dave, so the stage 1 can be done at home? i only have a mac laptop, would the software work?
You need a Windows laptop but I also run a Mac but have windows loaded on the Mac as a boot camp installation. Mike Benvo mentioned he was doing some work with a Mac to run the software from macOs so I’ll check with him on that.
If you have boot camp or parallels loaded (or any other VM) no problems
Alternately you could borrow a friend’s PC
Loading the software takes around 20 mins total.
I’ll get back to you with the update on MacOS
If I organise it for you I do offer the remote support to do the install for you on teamviewer at no cost if you would rather have assistance.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2021, 08:43 PM   #5
FundedbyCrypto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 E90 Comp

Quote:

Cheers
All you need is a laptop. Buy this or something similar below.
https://esstuning.com/e9x-m3-na-e-fl...ance-software/

The software and mods are for the lifetimme of the car and follow the car with sale, you tell the ESS team your mods list and requests and then the create the file and send it to you.

If you ever want to change it all you have to do is reach out via email and they will amend the flash for you.
Appreciate 0