BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

10-11-2011, 12:48 PM   #23
panicos81
Colonel
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: a white bmw

Garage List
2010 BMW E92  [8.54]
2007 e90  [0.00]
thats from the Z4 right?? i remember when you got them a few months ago.. hope the Z is ok..
      10-11-2011, 03:27 PM   #24
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

it looks pretty deep
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 07:19 PM   #25
CaliBMWm3
Rep
Drives: 2004 BMW M3

Please be advised

I am a representative from Rennen International. I am sorry for the inconvenience which your sales rep might have caused; we’ve setup pickup for the damage wheel which Rennen will cover for the international shipment to determine the authenticity and inspect the wheel in our facility which we will X-Ray to examine the 6061 T6 aluminum for possible issues on that forging which was used to know exactly what may have caused this to happen to your wheel. We are going to warranty this issue 100% for you. We stand firm and strong behind our product. I have been informed that your wheel is already cut and being finished. Here is the picture of the newly cut replacement wheel, which we cut to quicken this process without examining your wheel. There seems to have been a miscommunication somewhere and we deeply apologize for the lack of communication on both sides. If you have any questions please give me a call at 909-444-7974 and ask for John.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 08:14 PM   #26
nowaym3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: eeeeeeee92

Quote:
Originally Posted by m34jlp View Post
Not the first time I hear of this...here is some background on this great company:

When the original 360 Forged started going through all their problems Rennen started to sell counterfit 360 Forged wheels at a huge discount. Great right?

Well now 360 Forged has been getting calls from customers saying their 360's cracked and they want them repaired. Problem is 360 never built those wheels but they are basically forced to fix them because the customers can't understand they got scammed by Rennen.

Want more...every cracked wheel is this five spoke split design!

Rennen does not do good business, they have alot of issue's with there product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBMWm3 View Post
I am a representative from Rennen International. I am sorry for the inconvenience which your sales rep might have caused; we’ve setup pickup for the damage wheel which Rennen will cover for the international shipment to determine the authenticity and inspect the wheel in our facility which we will X-Ray to examine the 6061 T6 aluminum for possible issues on that forging which was used to know exactly what may have caused this to happen to your wheel. We are going to warranty this issue 100% for you. We stand firm and strong behind our product. I have been informed that your wheel is already cut and being finished. Here is the picture of the newly cut replacement wheel, which we cut to quicken this process without examining your wheel. There seems to have been a miscommunication somewhere and we deeply apologize for the lack of communication on both sides. If you have any questions please give me a call at 909-444-7974 and ask for John.

let's see some test results, because from what i know the forgings from rennen are out sourced from CHINA!!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 08:22 PM   #27
guess2098
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Taycan GTS, 2018 M4, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowaym3 View Post

let's see some test results, because from what i know the forgings from rennen are out sourced from CHINA!!!!

i think that is not ture because i know their factory is here clost to my warehouse about 10 miles (one of my friend's friend)

i dont know their wheel is good or bad but i just want to say they are in Walnut/Pomona CA area
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 09:02 PM   #28
nowaym3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by guess2098 View Post
i think that is not ture because i know their factory is here clost to my warehouse about 10 miles (one of my friend's friend)

i dont know their wheel is good or bad but i just want to say they are in Walnut/Pomona CA area

there factory can be next door to your house. the actual aluminum is being imported in from china, they made be cutting the wheels there, but there not manufacturing the forgings there.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 09:10 PM   #29
CMM3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90

They should be able to provide a testing report.
      10-11-2011, 09:25 PM   #30
Brucewonder
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 yea boi

Quote:
there factory can be next door to your house. the actual aluminum is being imported in from china, they made be cutting the wheels there, but there not manufacturing the forgings there.
Ahh, good to know
      10-11-2011, 10:30 PM   #31
jrlee53
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Quote:
How unfortunate that it always takes a post on a big forum like this to get the type of service that should've been done in the first place. A little respect and care goes a long way.

2003 Cobra -> 2010 BMW e90 M3 - Space Grey - Black on Carbon Leather Int. - BRILLIANT CAR!!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 01:00 AM   #32
nowaym3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

As a rep for Rennen, you guys should be calling this customer to take care of him in anyway. Please look below on what he posted. 100's of emails and no phone calls no customer service?

after complaining the damage they assured that it will be replaced but AFTER picking up the old (cracked) wheel. I was for sure not prepared to put any of the wheels produced by this company on my car as i am not at all prepared to put my life and the life of my family in danger so i declined.

unfortunately this company does not understand if a customer stands for his rights. they were not prepared to refund me.

the problem is they did not even pick up the old wheel. they asked ME to pay for the transportation fee. obviously i was not prepared to do so so they said they are going to send the center of the wheel only so i can put it together.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS. after hundreds of emails and 4 months later they finally agreed to send a new wheel.

now again 1 month passed (now almost 5 months) and the nightmare does not seem to come to an end. RENNEN assured to have sent a new wheel but no tracking number, no will to communicate. NO SERVICE!!!!!!!

So please take care of this company and go for a REAL wheel manufacturer which offers warranty and an adequate customer service!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 01:20 AM   #33
CaliBMWm3
Rep

360 forged = ADV-1

Maybe you need to do your research before posting . 360 forged is now ADV-1 maybe if you spend more time researching what you type, you might know what your talking about. funny how 360 forged, ADV-1 and your location are all in Miami... must be a small world....

Quote:
Originally Posted by m34jlp View Post
Not the first time I hear of this...here is some background on this great company:

When the original 360 Forged started going through all their problems Rennen started to sell counterfit 360 Forged wheels at a huge discount. Great right?

Well now 360 Forged has been getting calls from customers saying their 360's cracked and they want them repaired. Problem is 360 never built those wheels but they are basically forced to fix them because the customers can't understand they got scammed by Rennen.

Want more...every cracked wheel is this five spoke split design!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 01:59 AM   #34
CaliBMWm3
Rep

there has been communications between the customer and Rennen, as my first post states there will be no cost on the customer side in handling this matter and as for 100's of emails and 5 months of waiting maybe we need to understand Rennen was notified about this mid July early August about the issue, there was a shipping discrepancy which was resolved late August. once that was resolved that matter we made arrangements for the damaged wheel to be picked up where there was an issue with the address provided for the pickup. in the mean time we took it upon yourselves to put in a work order for his replacement wheel to be cut. we arranged again for another pickup this week. which the customer and shipper have confirmation. early August to early October doesn't add to 5months.

Quote:
As a rep for Rennen, you guys should be calling this customer to take care of him in anyway. Please look below on what he posted. 100's of emails and no phone calls no customer service?

after complaining the damage they assured that it will be replaced but AFTER picking up the old (cracked) wheel. I was for sure not prepared to put any of the wheels produced by this company on my car as i am not at all prepared to put my life and the life of my family in danger so i declined.

unfortunately this company does not understand if a customer stands for his rights. they were not prepared to refund me.

the problem is they did not even pick up the old wheel. they asked ME to pay for the transportation fee. obviously i was not prepared to do so so they said they are going to send the center of the wheel only so i can put it together.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS. after hundreds of emails and 4 months later they finally agreed to send a new wheel.

now again 1 month passed (now almost 5 months) and the nightmare does not seem to come to an end. RENNEN assured to have sent a new wheel but no tracking number, no will to communicate. NO SERVICE!!!!!!!

So please take care of this company and go for a REAL wheel manufacturer which offers warranty and an adequate customer service!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 02:27 AM   #35
CaliBMWm3
Rep

American FORGINGS

you know for a fact huh...call ASA they manufacture our forgings, they know Rennen we are one of there top 3 accounts call and see who bought more of forgings just last month alone, Rennen, MHT, savini, how about HRE... see what they say... and for all those that didn't know Rennen International doesn't just manufacture Rennen wheels we manufacture for 20+ private label brands which I can't disclose names but they are some of the worlds largest wheel companies domestically and internationally which have some of the largest representation on this and other fourms. next time you open your mouth get your facts straight!!

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 02:31 AM   #36
CaliBMWm3
Rep

testing

each and every design is tested and report can be provided if requested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMM3 View Post
They should be able to provide a testing report.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 10:06 AM   #37
nowaym3
Private First Class
Rep

How come the customer here says one thing , and you say something different?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 11:19 AM   #38
CaliBMWm3
Rep

there was a miscommunication before and we sorted it out. there will be updates daily on the status of the replacement.

Quote:
How come the customer here says one thing , and you say something different?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 01:04 PM   #39
acuteperformance
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Audi R8 V8 | 15 BMW M4 YMB

what happened to the pictures of the cracked wheel?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 01:11 PM   #40
alpina527
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 DCT JZB/FR

Surely it would wise to test all 4 wheels. If one of the wheels has cracked, it could affect the whole batch?

Not bitching or anything, but if I owned a company that sold a faulty wheel I would be more than keen to inspect the other 3.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 02:04 PM   #41
m34jlp
Wheel Whore
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY F82 M4

Quote:
Maybe you need to do your research before posting . 360 forged is now ADV-1 maybe if you spend more time researching what you type, you might know what your talking about. funny how 360 forged, ADV-1 and your location are all in Miami... must be a small world....
I am pretty confident in what I wrote

360 Forged has nothing to do with ADV.1 other than the original owners of 360 Forged now own ADV.1...

360 Forged is now owned by another group that has no relation to the old owners.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 09:14 PM   #42
///carbon
tuned
Austria
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

it does not matter what you do NOW and how often you call me.

you should have done this before i started posting. i can remember you calling me and begging me to delete the thread on 6speedonline.com about waiting 6 months and not receiving a wheel from you.

after that you were asking me several times whether i have received a wheel without providing any tracking number. That makes me belive you think i am stupid or retarded...

why did you ask me if i have received the wheel without sending any???

and now you post pics of a center??? please explain!!!!!

why even let it come to this situation? do you think i do not have better things to do than posting threads about you and your HORRIBLE service?

so please take care of the pick up of all 4 wheels and REFUND ME as i do not want to put my life in danger. the last thing i will do is mounting a wheel produced by RENNEN on my car !!!!

you can be sure i will post that in all forums so that people know where not to buy their wheels.

RENNEN IS AN EPIC FAIL!!!!!

Z-Performance///M4: https://www.facebook.com/ZPerformanceM4

Last edited by ///carbon; 10-12-2011 at 09:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 09:18 PM   #43
///carbon
tuned
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDy80 View Post
How unfortunate that it always takes a post on a big forum like this to get the type of service that should've been done in the first place. A little respect and care goes a long way.
+1

Appreciate 0
      10-12-2011, 09:20 PM   #44
///carbon
tuned
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindside_137 View Post
wow, so sorry to hear..

My roommate has been waiting 2 extra monts than was told for his Rennen M10 wheels to go on his 650i, has gone through an absolute nightmare with the vendor. They said theyd send pictures a month before they finally did, weeks after they were supposed to ship they told my roommate they didnt have the tires he ordered, then said they would get in to him TODAY, and he just got tracking information and they are expected friday 10/14/11. Wheels he was promised to have by September 1 at the latest... really debating showing this to him, should his monoblocks be stronger than those? were those three pieces? not familiar with wheels and which ones should be stronger, my guess is three piece would be strongest.
HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THIS???

Appreciate 0