BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

BPM

12-26-2014, 09:37 AM   #23
TRS_Tom
TRS_Tom
Rep
Drives: 08 M3, DCT, PunisherGrey

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomz_M3 View Post
I think my boy Ryan works at Helix. I can pm you his info tomorrow, he knows how to code and won't rip you off like most other folks.
Ryan does work at Helix and he did the coding on my car. He's awesome. Ask him about the SUPER BRIGHT reverse bulbs he makes and order yourself a set from him!

They have a code checklist that you run thru and just select the options you want. I had them do a bunch of things, but a few that I remember are:
-Euro hazards (double blink)
-Key Fob, hold unlock to open windows
-Turned off my amber corner running light
-Gas Level warning changed to 1/8 tank (vs 1/4 tank factory setting)
-Enable Euro M-Sport Mode (WooHoooo!)
-Auto Eject Key at shutdown (when hold down Start/Stop button for a second).

I don't remember the exact pricing but it was so affordable I didn't even need to consider it.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2014, 11:42 AM   #24
gazosnic
Major
Rep
Drives: bmw m3

Im in king of Prussia / Malvern most weeks for work and can do most basic coding.
      12-23-2016, 07:59 AM   #25
Mturbo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '07 E92, '10 SL63

Quote:
Originally Posted by hercesq71 View Post
I made my first visit to VAC motorsports on Wednesday. I retrofitted some LCI headlights and taillights to my pre-LCI BMW 335xi. On the phone, they told me if they were successful at programming the car the charge would be $150. They said if they were unsuccessful, they would only charge me 75.

Everyone there seemed really nice and I was very happy to discover this new place. However, when they were finished, they had only accomplished extinguishing the error lights and my instrument cluster. In addition, hey had messed up a number of other things that they were not able to fix, such as deleting my cornering lights, messing up my adaptive headlight function, my fog light function, and being unable to make the three LED lights illuminate. It is clear that they are not a place to visit for coding BMWs and they were trying to learn at my expense.

The gentleman who did it was very nice and expressed an interest in learning a little bit more about coding, but clearly at this point they are not equipped to do it. As such, they should not be taking this kind of work, much less charging for it.

The worst thing about it was that when they were finished messing things up, they presented me with the bill for 425 dollars!!

When I complained about this, the technician told me that he spent a lot of time on the car. I explained that had I known it would be for over $400, I never would have gone to them for the coding in the first place. They lowered the bill to 325 and refused to negotiate any further. I am sorry guys, I really liked you, but that was just not very nice to do to a brand-new customer.

Essentially what happened was I paid them double to screw up my car! Now I have to pay someone else to fix what they did!

I would never recommend VAC motorsports for coding anyone's vehicle. Sorry guys.
Who ended up straightening out the mess?
Appreciate 1
      01-11-2017, 01:21 PM   #26
hercesq71
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C Hockenheim

Mess

They kept asking me to call them to work it out. I wasnt interested in that. Ultimately, they did give me a full refund. But i lost a lot of my very valuable time.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 04:24 PM   #27
Herofmine
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3, F10535i, 15 M5,340i,X5M

Garage List
2015 X5M  [10.00]
guys contact Instagram IG @richcodedmycar he is the best when it comes to codings.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2019, 11:18 AM   #28
m8300m
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by hercesq71 View Post
I made my first visit to VAC motorsports on Wednesday. I retrofitted some LCI headlights and taillights to my pre-LCI BMW 335xi. On the phone, they told me if they were successful at programming the car the charge would be $150. They said if they were unsuccessful, they would only charge me 75.

Everyone there seemed really nice and I was very happy to discover this new place. However, when they were finished, they had only accomplished extinguishing the error lights and my instrument cluster. In addition, hey had messed up a number of other things that they were not able to fix, such as deleting my cornering lights, messing up my adaptive headlight function, my fog light function, and being unable to make the three LED lights illuminate. It is clear that they are not a place to visit for coding BMWs and they were trying to learn at my expense.

The gentleman who did it was very nice and expressed an interest in learning a little bit more about coding, but clearly at this point they are not equipped to do it. As such, they should not be taking this kind of work, much less charging for it.

The worst thing about it was that when they were finished messing things up, they presented me with the bill for 425 dollars!!

When I complained about this, the technician told me that he spent a lot of time on the car. I explained that had I known it would be for over $400, I never would have gone to them for the coding in the first place. They lowered the bill to 325 and refused to negotiate any further. I am sorry guys, I really liked you, but that was just not very nice to do to a brand-new customer.

Essentially what happened was I paid them double to screw up my car! Now I have to pay someone else to fix what they did!

I would never recommend VAC motorsports for coding anyone's vehicle. Sorry guys.

About VAC motorsports, my comment is "......"
Try your best to imagine how it is.
So astonishing to feel almost the same as hercesq71 felt, and you guys have to know that both of us were there for different things at all. Feeling is the same. SMH
Appreciate 0